What's new

Review Smok Mag

Hi,

Been trying to find where I can create a new thread but can’t see it for the life of me lol so sorry if this is the wrong one but was wondering if you could help? Or someone could?

I have a smok mag which worked perfectly until about 3 weeks ago. The a battery keeps depleting really fast...like it won’t even last half a day now.

I have tried swapping the batteries around as I thought it could be a faulty battery but i still have the same issue.

I have contacted the supplier who said that it seems like a software issue and I should update. I have been onto the smok website but can not find anything for an update for the software for the smok mag?

Any ideas would be appreciated as it’s doing my but in now.

Thanks,

George

= I've seen this issue with some Smok mods discussed before in forum threads - on here and elsewhere on the web.

It was some time back, when I was similarly endeavouring to fix my Xcube ultra, so memory does not serve me well in terms of the fix for it. I recall it related to the Smok H-Priv...

I think it may of been firmware related.

It may well behoove you to do some searches on this forum using the ' Search ' box at the top right
- others must of had the same.

The thing looks like one of those daft 1980s hair metal guitars.

= Yes I can imagine Dave Lee Roth sporting one of these...

David-Lee-Roth.jpg

Great write up! But sadly it is smok and due to the issues with all the other mods i cant physically bring myself to even consider restocking smok again, the battery compartment does look awesome and the mod is abit out there and different but until i hear about them using a better chipset or screen i think it will be a miss from me. Keep it up i enjoy the write up tho :)

Okay, so you are saying battery A drains first, what happens if you swap the batteries over once the A battery is drained?

I am wondering if it's only running on 1 cell for some reason, though it does sound like a software issue as the mod needs 2 batteries to complete the circuit and will not work with a single battery in.

I do wonder about the health of your batteries, they say you shouldn't run batteries to full discharged state so that won't help the problem.

Firmware wise, I have 3 mods, my oldest is on V1.05, 2nd oldest is V1.06 and the newest RH one is V1.01 - go figure, but there must be updates out there somewhere.

Contact Smok support and try your luck and see if they reply, I got through to them on live chat once before but I can't find that option now.

If I get chance I will try and hunt down a firmware link, but I will only being trawling through Bing or Google so have a hunt for 'Smok Mag Firmware V1.06' (assuming you have the LH version).

Sorry I can't be of any more help, not had this issue and most technical support advice on here involves a hammer & dustbin when it comes to Smok :18:

I don't think it's the batteries.

There's an easy way test that theory though = get another pair.

Back
Top Bottom