What's new

Review Smok M80 Plus

antz1970

Postman
Smok Xpro M80 Plus
Ok what follows is my findings on the new Smok Xpro M80 Plus, I bought it from myepack(great service prices and fast delivery from my findings so far). I am not trying to do a full review of the product , just my findings so far , as there doesn’t seem to be a wealth of information about it out there. Pictures arent that great and Don’t be expecting a literary work of genius either lol.
20150220_155335.jpg

Design/looks

I quite like it it’s nothing ground-breaking however it is smaller than it looked in the pictures I have seen(bonus). I have compared it in the pictures with the istick 50w. It’s all fairly basic stuff , 510 connector on top(ill come to that later) usb/charge through on the bottom , up/down/fire and reset pinhole button on front with the screen in-between the fire and up/down buttons.
20150220_153841.jpg
20150220_153740.jpg
20150220_153852.jpg
20150220_153927.jpg
20150220_154020.jpg

Size comparison to the istick 50w

20150220_153759.jpg
20150220_153810.jpg

Menu system
Again pretty standard stuff the usual 5 clicks to turn on ,and you get the smiley face welcome message.5 clicks again lock the device. And you need to go into the menu system to shut down. The menus are accessed by three clicks of the fire button , you then have 5 sub menus, which are

1 . Settings
This allows you to switch between modes with 3 choices being available wattage mode , temperature mode , and mech mode which are briefly outlined below.

Wattage mode the usual up and down buttons control your wattage

Temp mode , in conjunction with menu 4 and nickel wire I’m assuming, allows you to temp control your coil to a certain temperature.

Mech mode – This is meant to work on battery power alone , however on a full charge I was only getting 3.88v on a .55 ohm coil(surely a mech mode voltage would be higher)

2. Puff counter/limiter
This shows you how many puffs you have had , it also allows you to set a puff limiter so that once you hit your set amount of puffs it won’t give any more until you change the settings(I assume this is a daily target seeing as the date and time is present but vie not really tested it)

3.Date and time
As it says on the tin , allows you to set the date and time

4.Temperature monitoring
Adjusts from 200 – 900 degrees Fahrenheit and is used in conjunction with menu 1(and nickel wire again I’m assuming)

5. Power
This is where you go if you want to turn the battery off.

Build Quality

Build quality seems to be quite good apart from a couple of annoyances , the first of these being that the up/down buttons are quite rattley(not an issues for me really but I know it will annoy some.
The second of my annoyances if the 510 connection , it is spring loaded and my new smok vcta1 fits on it fine , however my subtank mini and plume veil clone wont screw down fully , not much of a gap but enough for me to find annoying , I kind of jumped blindly into this purchase as there wasn’t any/many reviews out there , but time will tell if the 510 adapter issue is a design flaw or if I maybe have a duff one lol.

With Plume veil
20150220_155126.jpg

With subtank mini
gap.jpg

Overall I’m quite happy with the mod , I am going to try and test battery life against the istick 50w over the next week or so to see how they stack up , technically they should be on a par as they both have 4400mah batteries , however I think the battery level on the screen seems to be going down faster than the istick 50w , but I will update this as I test it , hope this helps some people out. any questions ask away :D

thanks for that m8..i have no doubt that would fix the issue however a decent 510 in the first place would have negated the issue at all :)

Is it a design flaw or a duff mod? If its the latter myepack will replace it. If its just a design flaw an ocd washer is a small price to pay for a mod thats £45 and does more then most of the pricey options ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Last edited:
Hopefully mine arrives today.

Will try a few tanks etc on it and let you know if I have any gaps.

my subtank is now throwing up a check atomizer message on the m80 , the centre pin of the 510 seems to wander about a lot from the centre i have pmd ash to see about an exchange

my subtank is now throwing up a check atomizer message on the m80 , the centre pin of the 510 seems to wander about a lot from the centre i have pmd ash to see about an exchange

There is a gap on mine with the lemo. Not adjusted the 510 at the moment.

Attachments

• 1424526800835.jpg
    1424526800835.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 126
Back
Top Bottom