What's new

Review Modefined Lyra mod/Tank

eyeball kid

Legend
This was sent to me for a testing sleepover from our own Rob who in turn received this as a birthday gift from the top gent Rob at steam island.
Rob being a strict low wattage vaper wanted me to stretch its legs for him so I was more than happy to oblige.
Now I'm not sure if steam island will be stocking this as purely the mod or a mod/tank package.
First up the mod. It's a dual 18650 200w regulated mod with tc.
Full specs can be found on set islands web site.
This is built like a brick out house. Super solid with a huge central 510 capable of handling at least a 27mm tank with no overhang I'd say. The supplied sub ohm tank fits perfectly and the 510 had plenty of spring so none of the tanks/rda' s I've used have provided a gap.
The menu at first seemed a little flashy for me but my God, it's the easiest mod I've ever used for flicking through the menu and all information is displayed clearly even in daylight.
What can I say. It's done everything that I've asked of it from 12w on a nautilus to.120w on a kennedy 24. No delays and measured against a DNA chip and a yihi chiped device the supplied wattage seems perfect.
It sits comfortable in hand and doesn't look too big no matter what your tank/rta/rda choice is. No stupid ugly smok like paint jobs. Just a well built, tough and understated powerhouse.
I tried temp control on a crown subtank with the ni.coils and in a sentinel rda with.stainless spaced coils and not a dry hit around.
Firmware is upgradable and an update already exists.
Fantastic mod don't underestimate it.

Now the supplied sub ohm tank.
This is undoubtedly the best built sub ohm tank I've ever seen come out of China. It's 25mm and information on it is slim currently but I guess it takes at least 4.5mls of eliquid.
The topfill is a butter smooth sliding top and the dual Cyclops airflow is just as smooth and huge.
This beast takes the same coils as the baby beast which is excellent as quite a few manufacturers are making coils in this size now. The supplied 0.4 ohm coil has been superb. So superb its still going so I haven't tried the other 0.15 one that's also supplied.
If you like sub ohm tanks. This is the current king in my view. It makes the baby beast feel like a tin toy.
WP_20180123_15_58_50_Pro.jpg

WP_20180123_15_58_20_Pro.jpg

I've reviewed two items this week and both have been blinding. Please don't take me as an easy sell. Most stuff I tried last year was not worthy of review..

More info.
https://steamisland.com/collections/side-bar-brands/products/lyra-by-modefined

Last edited:
nice review , been eyeing the ultem one myself
I'm a little out of date with my high power mods so this surprised me how well built and how accurate and advanced the board is. Don't turn down the tank. It is unbelievable and leaves my previous long standing favourite the crown in the dust.

Nice review Stew.

It’s on the list [emoji2]
Thanks mate. As you know I'm not wordy good but this is a tasteful blinder. The cell life at 100w plus was so much better than anything I've used previously and it fits in hand like a single 18650 mod. China have upped there game per pound.
The tank would be great for your good lady. I even think it's built better than the recent eden mods trillium which is saying something.

Last edited:
I'm a little out of date with my high power mods so this surprised me how well built and how accurate and advanced the board is. Don't turn down the tank. It is unbelievable and leaves my previous long standing favourite the crown in the dust.

nice to see lost vape making a more affordable option, seems like a lot of companies are really closing the gap on on the dna boards

nice to see lost vape making a more affordable option, seems like a lot of companies are really closing the gap on on the dna boards

Yeah.
I think the DNA’s are struggling at the minute with fancy screens like the Yihi, Smoant and even Joyetech boards the DNA’s are struggling to keep gaining ground.

Modefined are LostVape quality with this OEM chip which is setting the world alight. Word is that VOTech are making them for them. Could be, but whatever they’re working well.

Duffers like me will still pursue and use them, but the 250c needs to be pretty special and reasonably priced to muscle in on a new customer base.

I’m watching ThinkVape with baited breath [emoji4]

Yeah.
I think the DNA’s are struggling at the minute with fancy screens like the Yihi, Smoant and even Joyetech boards the DNA’s are struggling to keep gaining ground.

Modefined are LostVape quality with this OEM chip which is setting the world alight. Word is that VOTech are making them for them. Could be, but whatever they’re working well.

Duffers like me will still pursue and use them, but the 250c needs to be pretty special and reasonably priced to muscle in on a new customer base.

I’m watching ThinkVape with baited breath [emoji4]

dna mods are getting a bit "samey" arent they, as long the 510 is different on that new finder ;)

lyra, double barrel on the list

Modefined are really on it with the products that I've seen/owned, I did watch the bogan's review of it and he was it was really good as well.

I've got a few DNA mods and they are excellent and I've a p4u velos with the yihi sx 410 chip and this is every bit as solid and far more user friendly. The menu is easier than the one on my tv. (And the picture is As good) incredibly clear screen. Gone are the day's of hitting buttons five times then pressing up and down at the same time just to change setting.

Back
Top Bottom