What's new

Review Koopor Primus

crustyfolker

Veteran
Today i am reviewing the Koopor Primus. Sent to me for review purpose by @gearbest.com
Thank you Gearbest for sending it out to me.

So a cheesegrater many say it looks like one. Now i have the Primus it reminds me more of a handheld radio and a tank looks like a thick aerial lol.

So what do you get in the box?
1 Primus box mod and a battery advice and customer card. and a info pamphlet. Authenticity scratch sticker on the box.

The Koopor primus has suprised me if i am honest. compared to the Koopor plus the Primus is a huge step forward.
You have a 300 watt max output which will actually give 300 watts should you want it. It uses 3 18650 batteries in paralell. They go in the back of the mod which has a nice magnetic back door panel which is well vented
The fire button is at the top on one side of the mod away from the tank which in my opinion is a great idea.
The screen is a nice large screen and very bright again a good thing and it can be dimmed as to your own taste in the menu. The up down buttons are next to the screen making it more like a digital radio as i mentioned it reminds me of one.

Menu area this is achieved by 3 clicks on the fire button 5 clicks also locks the device from firing.
so first in the menu we have mode, ie wattage, tc or memo. also you can like with a DNA device set a preheat wattage. To me this is a huge Pro on the device.
You can also set the ramp up with 5 settings from min, soft, normal, hard and max.

menu second option is coil giving a choice of nickel, titanium and stainless steel, you can also adjust the tcr if you want to.

option 3
adjust initial ohms.

option 4 screen
Hide for stealth
brightness
and the time before the screen goes off.

option 5
Time and date. note the time will display on the screen in vw mode only

Option 6
puff counter

Option 7 this is battery monitor telling you how much battery is in each of the 3 cells.
option 8 is on and off or update on/ off.

on screen during use you have which ramp up you have chosen, which memory, the time in vw mode or which coil material in temp mode and the battery left display. Then along the bottom you get ohm's voltage and puff count.
across the center in massive numbers is the wattage or temp you are using.
wattage range. 1 watt to 300 watts. 0.1 watt increments upto 100 watts then 1 watt increments upto the 300 watt mark.
temp from 200-600f or 100-315 celcius in 10 or 5 degree increments.

So is it any good?
Oh yes it is. no delay on firing, temp control that works more inline with a dna than a koopor plus. As said it actually can out put 300watts should you want it and battery life is very very good with this device. good easy to use menu and a huge well lit screen. fire button and up down buttons click well although the fire button is a bit mushier.
It is about the same size as a koopor plus even though it houses 3 18650's it is also a heavy device which is expected with its size and the addage of 3 18650's. The 510 is spring loaded. and firmware is upgradable using a usb the usb port by the way is in the bottom of the device.

Pros
big screen well lit.
choice of pre heat in temp control
battery life.
easy to use menu.

cons( for some)
The look of the device
the weight.

Conclusion
Th Koopor plus has suprised me. It is a superb device and works very well indeed Smok and Koopor have really upped their game since the xcube 2 and Koopor plus ( I have both of those too) and the device does what is claimed. It is a very well built device.
and like Han Solo says to Chewie in The Force Awakens "I like This Thing"
Would i buy advise buying one?
Despite it's looks i would have to say yes because it works so well and does what it claims to do.

20160626_185935.jpg 20160626_185817.jpg 20160626_185953.jpg 20160626_191313.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom