What's new

Review Innokin iTaste VTR

martynparker

Postman
Hi Everyone,

Here is my review of my Innokin iTaste VTR..... first device review on my new channel. Please be gentle :-)

UPDATE: The issue with false Ohm reading has been fixed. The vendor is replacing the device. I will upload a follow up to the YT in the next 24hrs.

Thanks,

Martyn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKB72fWn-v4

Last edited:
A good review @martynparker How long after you purchased it did you realise there wa s a problem with that rotating wheel? That seems like a right PITA imho. Did you ask them for an exchange of unit by any chance, or the supplier from where you purchased?

Sadly I didn't discover this until I read about it on one of the forums about 6 weeks later. Some have been able to fix it by doing various 'tricks'. It was a bit too late to return it to the vendor (and I guess not really their fault either). The device is still for sale with this issue so I guess we have to live with it. I'm putting it down to experience and moving on to a mech. The VTR will just go out on the odd trip. :-)

Weird. I haven't had that issue at all with my VTR and I use it pretty much exclusively in VW mode.

Will try and recreate it.

Also, while I appreciate that you were given grief for mentioning vendors in your previous review, I think that most reviewers at least give a mention to where they bought things from. Particularly if they were impressed by the service/delivery/etc.

Sadly I didn't discover this until I read about it on one of the forums about 6 weeks later. Some have been able to fix it by doing various 'tricks'. It was a bit too late to return it to the vendor (and I guess not really their fault either). The device is still for sale with this issue so I guess we have to live with it. I'm putting it down to experience and moving on to a mech. The VTR will just go out on the odd trip. :-)

Really like the quality of this review over the Pipeline liquids review :)
martynparker :P Consumer rights :P You got 12 months on electronic goods to get a replacement if you bought it in the UK/EU! Regardless of what the vendor/manufacturer suggested "warranty" is.

Weird. I haven't had that issue at all with my VTR and I use it pretty much exclusively in VW mode.

Will try and recreate it.

Also, while I appreciate that you were given grief for mentioning vendors in your previous review, I think that most reviewers at least give a mention to where they bought things from. Particularly if they were impressed by the service/delivery/etc.

Hahahaha you noticed I went the other way this time. It came from myepack, one of my favourite suppliers. I think it's hit and miss with the ohm reading fault. I have heard of some with it and some without on the moveable bezel version. Some have fixed it by getting under it and cleaning and others rotating it hundreds of times. I have had no joy with either. It was really too late to return it or cause a fuss when I discovered the issue (I'd been in VV most of the time). I'm putting this one down to experience.... just this one, I'm wiser now,

Really like the quality of this review over the Pipeline liquids review :)
@martynparker :P Consumer rights :P You got 12 months on electronic goods to get a replacement if you bought it in the UK/EU! Regardless of what the vendor/manufacturer suggested "warranty" is.

Hmmmmm....... I might look in to this further. Todays review is more what I want to achieve. I learnt a lot from yesterdays. Thanks

Mine came from the same place. Great service and very competitive pricing.

Keep it up, you just have to find a balance, which I appreciate can be difficult given your day job.

My vtr was also from myepack the wheel works no problem so think it should be sorted.

My vtr was also from myepack the wheel works no problem so think it should be sorted.

I have just emailed Ash at myepack as I'm ordering some other stuff in the morning. Hopefully he might do something about it. I do know it's not just me that has had the problem after discovering it mentioned on various forums. I'll let you all know.

Back
Top Bottom