What's new

Review GeekVape Gbox kit review.

SirLugg

Legend
I am not a squonker.
I am NOT a squonker.
I AM NOT A SQUONKER!

I’m not. As those that know my vaping style will attest to. The ritual of dripping luscious, sweet amber nectar onto my coils and seeing the cotton soak up the juicy goodness is all part of the experience of vaping for me. I may not be a squonker, but I am a drip junkie, and save for when I’m driving I’m always dripping. [Insert witty pun here]

So when Maggie @Healthcabin asked me if I’d like to review the GeekVape Gbox squonker kit I was sceptical. I mean, why? Not up my alley exactly is it? But I thought I’d give it a bash- nothing to lose eh?

So a few days after the initial message from Maggie and me agreeing to review the Gbox kit it appeared via RM. It was the black and red version with a gunmetal Radar RDA, which were I to have thought about buying one would’ve been the one I’d have bought anyway.

First impressions out of the box were that shape wise it resembled the much cloned RX200 esque shape. Nice rubbery, chalky finish on it and generally felt nice in my hand. (I have big paws and actually prefer the more chunky mods)

The Radar has a deck which I’d been eyeing up even before Maggie contacted me, and if I’m honest it’s highly likely I’d have got one for myself at some point anyway. It’s different and it has Cyclops style airflow with a totally open juice well. Again, that makes me want to drip ([emoji4]).

So I built it. Piece of piss. Nothing fancy, just threw some SS316 GeekVape wire I had staring at me in it as I thought that seemed fitting. And with the aid of the Coily tool it took around 17 seconds to install the coils (5mm for those that want to know). A pleasure to build on indeed and promised to be an airy and flavourful affair with its wide airflow and short cap.It came installed with the squonk pin anyway so was good to go on the Gbox.

The squonk bottle from the Gbox exits the mod via a plunger style affair via the same door that you use to take out the batteries: And here in lies con number one; Every time you open the door to refill your bottle the cells come out unless you have very dexterous finger action. Hmmm. But other than that filling the bottle is easy as, and if you can get it out whilst holding the mod upright it doesn’t have to be a juicy affair either.

Board wise the Gbox is solid. Really solid. Fires fast, feels powerful and is easy to navigate. I think the display could’ve been brighter if I’m honest, but that and the fact it only fires down to 0.1 are my only issues with it. I like it, and it’s a pleasure to use. Five clicks on, five clicks off, three clicks to get into the mode change and up and down to adjust everything. Not rocket science but it works well.

To squonk with? Remember I’m not a squonker so here goes.....

Well the bottle is soft, but not overly so. Once filled with juice you don’t need to have Godzilla ‘s fingers to squeeze it. A relatively light squeeze and aforementioned amber nectar starts to make its way up your rda’s bottom. After that it’s like any other dual cell 200w mod under £80 out at the minute. But it does it’s job very well.

The crux of it is that I’ve enjoyed using this- even when it’s taken away one of the aspects of vaping that I enjoy the most, I’ve still enjoyed it, which strikes me as odd.

All I can think is that the convenience and the ability to use a dripper and drive at the same time has fried my brain.

Would I buy one? No. I like dripping too much and I’m stubborn. But do I enjoy this? Yes. Very much. It’ll be very useful at VF and on my holidays.
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0001.JPG
And if you’re looking to squonk for convenience or just fancy giving it a go I’d highly recommend this kit- especially the Radar. That’s a Doozy of an rda.

Thank you to Maggie @Healthcabin for sending this to me. It was a shockingly pleasant experience [emoji4]

Links and pics to follow. (Complete with chocolate wicks [emoji6])

Thanks for looking [emoji6]

https://www.healthcabin.net/geekvape-gbox-squonk-200w-mod-kit-with-radar-rda-atomizer-p/16913.html

https://www.healthcabin.net/geekvape-gbox-squonk-box-mod-p/16917.html

https://www.healthcabin.net/geekvape-radar-bf-rda-p/16912.html

Last edited:
great review Chris :2thumbsup: i never made a mistake. fook, its been quoted.
bollox, and i thought the morphine had worn off.
im going back to bed.

Last edited:
oh fook, hes going to kill me :D sorry Chris aka Paul aka scary fooker :)
morphine is my excuse and im sticking to it. fuck knows where paul came from.

oh fook, hes going to kill me :D sorry Chris aka Paul aka scary fooker :)
morphine is my excuse and im sticking to it. fuck knows where paul came from.

I still love you Malcolm [emoji8][emoji6]

Cracking review mate/chris/Paul but i am sure I have heard stories about you squonking in those "special clubs" mentioned above [emoji23]

Back
Top Bottom