What's new

Review Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2 & Coral V2 Kit Review

The long awaited Pico Squeeze 2 has finally started arriving into our hands, so does it live up to the hype?

*I am not an expert so this won't be a technical review, more a hands on opinion but 100% unbiased.

Also, as you will discover I found the Coral RDA V2 a bit meh so for the majority of the images and review I have used the Wotofo Recurve (which looks perfect on it)

Here's my user first impressions.

Unboxing and Contents.
I'm like a kid at Christmas when unboxing new mods and this was a pleasure, even little details like thumb slots to ease opening, you are greated by the stunning looking mod with the Coral RDA already fitted.

Rather than bore you with a list, here's a few photos of the kit and the impressive abundance of spare bits & pieces:
(right click and open image in new window to view full size)

Squeeze2-7.jpg

Battery & Coral V2 RDA

I shoved the large capacity 21700 4000 mAh included battery on charge (fast charge on my Nitecore so not too long to wait, it was already charged 30%).

You can read below or here's in a nutshell:
The Coral RDA V2 is a 7/10 and disappointing - I will not be using it at all

I then proceeded to coil up and wick the Coral V2 RDA which I was quite excited about, this was a little fiddly to fit as you have to precut the coil as there is no room to trim due to it's slanted angle, but not to bad.

As usual they don't tell you the coil metal, shoved a magnet on it, it's not magnetic so I assume it's Ni80 Clapton, they give you 2 in the bag which was nice, got it positioned perfectly in the centre where the airflow would hit top and bottom of the coil, wicked it up which was easy enough and I liked the juice wells and depth Came out around 0.23 ohms.

Being impatient I primed it up and took it for a test on my Niagara, started off at a low wattage and increased to find the sweet spot - simply didn't find the sweet spot and it got VERY hot fast and with it's short drip tip it burns you lips (I wasn't chain vaping, let it cool down before retrying and letting the coil and cotton bed in, I kept trying and it simply didn't deliver flavour, huge vapour though, I then tried raising the coil to allow the airflow under the coil, noticed no difference so then tried lowering it, same meh results, that was enough for me, I simply don't rate this RDA at all and left me feeling flat.

Also tried it on the Squeeze after the battery was charged - should have made no difference and no surprise it was still pants.

**REVISION**
I stripped down the Coral V2 and tried a different build, I took 1 wrap off which meant I could space the coil, I then raised it much higher than suggested, roughly half the coil was visible through the air intake, primed it and took it for a test.
The difference was much better, far from perfect but I was getting more flavour and had I not got better RDA's I think I would have been mildly satisfied with it, it's still nowhere near the Drop, Recurve or Pulse 24mm etc. but it's usable if you haven't got a better RDA - this changes my score to 7/10 for the Coral RDA V2 and affects value for money score (I will revise accordingly)

Squeeze2-8.jpg

Mod using different RDA's

After the disappointing RDA and feeling a little deflated, the battery was finally charged so tried a few options of RDA, not paying to much attention to the actual mod, it was simple to use so firstly I tried the DROP RDA, the beauty ring would not register the atty so took that off and tried again - BINGO first proper smile since unboxing, worked a charm! the mod simply delivered instant power, squonked perfectly and I was a happy chappy.

But just didn't suit it looks wise, I then tried the Stainless 24mm Pulse - again perfect performance and flavour, still didn't look right so then shoved the WOTOFO RECURVE on it, looked stupid with the beauty ring but superb without apart from the blue drip tip looked odd, the Coral RDA finally had a positive as the red drip tip fitted the recurve - happy days it was the perfect marriage of mod & atty with the red drip tip.

So for the rest of this review it will be with the Wotofo Recurve RDA.

Here's some photos of this combination:

Squeeze2-5.jpg

Squeeze2-6.jpg

Pico Squeeze 2 and size comparisons:

I'm not going to measure each as the visuals should show you the difference.

Size wise it's pretty amazing, they have done a great job of packing in all it's features, large battery, screen and buttons into such a compact form, I was especially surprised when I compared it to the Squeeze V1 very close to the same size, a little wider but still a super pocket sized mod.

Selling my V1 so the Squeeze 2 is my smallest Squonker yet packs quite a punch.

Squeeze2-4.jpg

Using the Squeeze V2 and features.

Now onto the user experience and handling.....

Again if you can't be arsed to wade through my waffle, in a nutshell:
I proper love this mod, especially paired with the Recurve, it's very easy to use, looks superb, feels weighty and fantastic form and ergonomics.

After pairing with the Recurve I then focused my attention to the actual mod and it's features:

Handling:
The mod feels soooo good in the hand, perfect size, nice weighty feel, very high quality build and eye candy (one you vape and look pleasingly at the mod in between vapes), the fire button is in an odd place but I found this very easy to get used to, in fact it's a positive as I found I could hold and vape in a few different ways and none felt wrong, also whichever way you hold it you don't accidentally press the adjustment button, the squonk bottle is very nice also, soft silicon which can sometime be a flaw but it's just right for this mod and requires gentle squeeze (though it does seem to take a while to reform).

Features:
Squonk Bottle and cover, the cover is magnetic and very sturdy, a little fiddly to get off but once off the bottle is easy enough to remove, it uses the rod system which isn't an issue for me, I've never pushed against it while squonking as it's slightly set back and the bottle fill hole is offset accordingly, nice large hole to pour your juice it, pop it back up and replace the door and away you go, I found filling easy, mess free and quick.

Menu:
I've not used all the features yet but the basic things you need are quick and easy to adjust with the standard 3 clicks of the fire button, the advanced features are a bit of a pain and took a few attempts to get there, also the +&- button is a bit small and not easy to use, sometimes hitting the wrong way, I also found the adjustment speed to be a little too fast, trying to go up 3 watts I often ended up 10 watts +, a feature I liked is the lock settings which is hold the +&- button down for a few seconds, the mod will still fire but you can't accidentally adjust anything, there's also the standard 5 clicks on / off.
But all that said, it's rare I will be using the menu so no big negatives.

Screen & LED's:
The screen is a bit too small and dim, you simply can't see it outdoors unless it's night or dull weather - why oh why do so many squonkers have dim screens? The LED's I almost forgot about, only really noticed at night time and to be honest it's pure novelty (I enjoyed them for all of 5 minutes) and I wish they had not bothered and diverted the power to the screen.

Battery Life and Battery Cap:
One of the downsides of a single battery regulated squonker is the battery life, similar to the Pulse 80 it drains fairly quick but as it got under 50% it seemed to last longer, I have been vaping around 40 watts but it's obviously going to drain faster on high wattage builds, don't expect it to last you a day but fortunately they include an 18650 adaptor and also takes 20700's so carry spares and all is good, the screw cap thread feels coarse and raspy with it's very fine thread so take care not to cross thread it.

-------------------------------

Pros, Cons Conclusion:

Pros:
  • Very high quality build
  • Nice ergonomics and weight
  • High capacity battery
  • Very easy to use
  • Separate battery door
  • Easy to fill
  • Soft squonk bottle suits this mod
  • Eye Candy
  • Compact
  • 18650 adaptor & takes 20700's
  • Fire button feels intuitive.
  • Locking settings feature (hold +&- button for a few seconds)
  • Takes 24mm and larger RDA's
  • USB up-gradable (cable included)
  • Easy 5 clicks on/off
  • 100 Watts

Cons:
  • Dim Screen
  • Small screen
  • Meh Coral V2 RDA but usable if you change the coil & build method (see above)
  • Battery cap feels coarse on the threading
  • Advanced menu is fiddly

Conclusion:
As you can see the pros far outweigh the cons, is this a groundbreaking mod? no it's not got anything new to offer but it is a great piece of kit and I genuinely love it, it's few flaws really are nothing that will bother me when using it (apart from the average RDA which I won't use anyway, it's difficult to describe just how great it feels in the hand but if someone handed one to you then you would get what I mean.

Is it a Pico Squeeze 1 replacement? I would say not, they are two different beasts, the original is more like a mech and in my experience better for MTL (though I did push it as a DTL which wasn't ideal).
Price wise it's unfair to compare the two, the original was a simple and inexpensive mod to produce, the Squeeze 2 has a lot more to it.

Value for money? Mod only - hell yes! this is a fantastic little squonker and easy to love but as a kit I would say no, due to the RDA being average so I would say get the mod only and spend the extra on another better RDA (Recurve etc.).
(I paid around £65 for the full kit from egicone)

This isn't and won't become my main squonker (I mostly use my dual battery mods) but it will definitely be my goto take out for the day choice, performs similar to the Pulse 80 but smaller and better battery life plus it looks and feels so damn good!!!

To BUY or NOT?
Simple decision - if you like the looks of it and the cons don't bother you it's a no brainer, grab yourself a mod only and pair it with another better quality RDA and you won't regret it.

As always this is just MY OPINION and finding, but I have tried to be fair and unbiased, I hope it helps you make your choice, check out a few youtube reviews (unbiased if you can find any?)

Thanks for reading (if you actually managed to!)

Comments and corrections welcome

Last edited:
great review mate - and awesome pics too! Squonking has taken my interest recently so who knows somewhere down the line!

great review mate - and awesome pics too! Squonking has taken my interest recently so who knows somewhere down the line!
Cheers mikechristopher - I ignored squonking for ages but once I started I was hooked, it's getting better with new stuff and some great older stuff, my son has been vaping for 5 years, I lent him a Pulse 24 setup and he's a convert now, only squonks.

The long awaited Pico Squeeze 2 has finally started arriving into our hands, so does it live up to the hype?

*As mentioned before, I am not an expert so this won't be a technical review, more a hands on opinion but 100% unbiased.

Also, as you will discover I found the Coral RDA V2 really meh so for the majority of the images and review I have used the Wotofo Recurve (which looks perfect on it)

Here's my user first impressions.

Unboxing and Contents.
I'm like a kid at Christmas when unboxing new mods and this was a pleasure, even little details like thumb slots to ease opening, you are greated by the stunning looking mod with the Coral RDA already fitted.

Rather than bore you with a list, here's a few photos of the kit and the impressive abundance of spare bits & pieces:
(right click and open image in new window to view full size)

View attachment 165445

Battery & Coral V2 RDA

I shoved the large capacity 21700 4000 mAh included battery on charge (fast charge on my Nitecore so not too long to wait, it was already charged 30%).

You can read below or here's in a nutshell:
The Coral RDA V2 is a 6/10 and VERY disappointing - I will not be using it at all

I then proceeded to coil up and wick the Coral V2 RDA which I was quite excited about, this was a little fiddly to fit as you have to precut the coil as there is no room to trim due to it's slanted angle, but not to bad.

As usual they don't tell you the coil metal, shoved a magnet on it, it's not magnetic so I assume it's Ni80 Clapton, they give you 2 in the bag which was nice, got it positioned perfectly in the centre where the airflow would hit top and bottom of the coil, wicked it up which was easy enough and I liked the juice wells and depth Came out around 0.23 ohms.

Being impatient I primed it up and took it for a test on my Niagara, started off at a low wattage and increased to find the sweet spot - simply didn't find the sweet spot and it got VERY hot fast and with it's short drip tip it burns you lips (I wasn't chain vaping, let it cool down before retrying and letting the coil and cotton bed in, I kept trying and it simply didn't deliver flavour, huge vapour though, I then tried raising the coil to allow the airflow under the coil, noticed no difference so then tried lowering it, same meh results, that was enough for me, I simply don't rate this RDA at all and left me feeling flat.

Also tried it on the Squeeze after the battery was charged - should have made no difference and no surprise it was still pants.

View attachment 165448

Mod using different RDA's

After the disappointing RDA and feeling a little deflated, the battery was finally charged so tried a few options of RDA, not paying to much attention to the actual mod, it was simple to use so firstly I tried the DROP RDA, the beauty ring would not register the atty so took that off and tried again - BINGO first proper smile since unboxing, worked a charm! the mod simply delivered instant power, squonked perfectly and I was a happy chappy.

But just didn't suit it looks wise, I then tried the Stainless 24mm Pulse - again perfect performance and flavour, still didn't look right so then shoved the WOTOFO RECURVE on it, looked stupid with the beauty ring but superb without apart from the blue drip tip looked odd, the Coral RDA finally had a positive as the red drip tip fitted the recurve - happy days it was the perfect marriage of mod & atty with the red drip tip.

So for the rest of this review it will be with the Wotofo Recurve RDA.

Here's some photos of this combination:

View attachment 165449

View attachment 165450

Pico Squeeze 2 and size comparisons:

I'm not going to measure each as the visuals should show you the difference.

Size wise it's pretty amazing, they have done a great job of packing in all it's features, large battery, screen and buttons into such a compact form, I was especially surprised when I compared it to the Squeeze V1 very close to the same size, a little wider but still a super pocket sized mod.

Selling my V1 so the Squeeze 2 is my smallest Squonker yet packs quite a punch.

View attachment 165452

Using the Squeeze V2 and features.

Now onto the user experience and handling.....

Again if you can't be arsed to wade through my waffle, in a nutshell:
I proper love this mod, especially paired with the Recurve, it's very easy to use, looks superb, feels weighty and fantastic form and ergonomics.

After pairing with the Recurve I then focused my attention to the actual mod and it's features:

Handling:
The mod feels soooo good in the hand, perfect size, nice weighty feel, very high quality build and eye candy (one you vape and look pleasingly at the mod in between vapes), the fire button is in an odd place but I found this very easy to get used to, in fact it's a positive as I found I could hold and vape in a few different ways and none felt wrong, also whichever way you hold it you don't accidentally press the adjustment button, the squonk bottle is very nice also, soft silicon which can sometime be a flaw but it's just right for this mod and requires gentle squeeze (though it does seem to take a while to reform).

Features:
Squonk Bottle and cover, the cover is magnetic and very sturdy, a little fiddly to get off but once off the bottle is easy enough to remove, it uses the rod system which isn't an issue for me, I've never pushed against it while squonking as it's slightly set back and the bottle fill hole is offset accordingly, nice large hole to pour your juice it, pop it back up and replace the door and away you go, I found filling easy, mess free and quick.

Menu:
I've not used all the features yet but the basic things you need are quick and easy to adjust with the standard 3 clicks of the fire button, the advanced features are a bit of a pain and took a few attempts to get there, also the +&- button is a bit small and not easy to use, sometimes hitting the wrong way, I also found the adjustment speed to be a little too fast, trying to go up 3 watts I often ended up 10 watts +, a feature I liked is the lock settings which is hold the +&- button down for a few seconds, the mod will still fire but you can't accidentally adjust anything, there's also the standard 5 clicks on / off.
But all that said, it's rare I will be using the menu so no big negatives.

Screen & LED's:
The screen is a bit too small and dim, you simply can't see it outdoors unless it's night or dull weather - why oh why do so many squonkers have dim screens? The LED's I almost forgot about, only really noticed at night time and to be honest it's pure novelty (I enjoyed them for all of 5 minutes) and I wish they had not bothered and diverted the power to the screen.

Battery Life and Battery Cap:
One of the downsides of a single battery regulated squonker is the battery life, similar to the Pulse 80 it drains fairly quick but as it got under 50% it seemed to last longer, I have been vaping around 40 watts but it's obviously going to drain faster on high wattage builds, don't expect it to last you a day but fortunately they include an 18650 adaptor and also takes 20700's so carry spares and all is good, the screw cap thread feels coarse and raspy with it's very fine thread so take care not to cross thread it.

-------------------------------

Pros, Cons Conclusion:

Pros:
  • Very high quality build
  • Nice ergonomics and weight
  • High capacity battery
  • Very easy to use
  • Separate battery door
  • Easy to fill
  • Soft squonk bottle suits this mod
  • Eye Candy
  • Compact
  • 18650 adaptor & takes 20700's
  • Fire button feels intuitive.
  • Locking settings feature (hold +&- button for a few seconds)
  • Takes 24mm and larger RDA's
  • USB up-gradable (cable included)
  • Easy 5 clicks on/off
  • 100 Watts

Cons:
  • Dim Screen
  • Small screen
  • Poor Coral V2 RDA
  • Battery cap feels coarse on the threading
  • Advanced menu is fiddly

Conclusion:
As you can see the pros far outweigh the cons, is this a groundbreaking mod? no it's not got anything new to offer but it is a great piece of kit and I genuinely love it, it's few flaws really are nothing that will bother me when using it (apart from the dire RDA which I won't use anyway, it's difficult to describe just how great it feels in the hand but if someone handed one to you then you would get what I mean.

Is it a Pico Squeeze 1 replacement? I would say not, they are two different beasts, the original is more like a mech and in my experience better for MTL (though I did push it as a DTL which wasn't ideal).
Price wise it's unfair to compare the two, the original was a simple and inexpensive mod to produce, the Squeeze 2 has a lot more to it.

Value for money? Mod only - hell yes! this is a fantastic little squonker and easy to love but as a kit I would say no, due to the RDA being useless so I would say get the mod only.
(I paid around £65 for the full kit from egicone)

This isn't and won't become my main squonker (I mostly use my dual battery mods) but it will definitely be my goto take out for the day choice, performs similar to the Pulse 80 but smaller and better battery life plus it looks and feels so damn good!!!

To BUY or NOT?
Simple decision - if you like the looks of it and the cons don't bother you it's a no brainer, grab yourself a mod only and pair it with another better quality RDA and you won't regret it.

As always this is just MY OPINION and finding, but I have tried to be fair and unbiased, I hope it helps you make your choice, check out a few youtube reviews (unbiased if you can find any?)

Thanks for reading (if you actually managed to!)

Comments and corrections welcome

Great review buddy & some nice pics there, ive got another recurve in black on the way as could not get a SS version anywhere, the screen on mine does not seem to dim though ? even outside & im sure there will be some youtube video up soon & how to increase the brightness .

Cracking review there mate and some really good photos too :2thumbsup: well done mate.......

Great review buddy & some nice pics there, ive got another recurve in black on the way as could not get a SS version anywhere, the screen on mine does not seem to dim though ? even outside & im sure there will be some youtube video up soon & how to increase the brightness .
Strange, I've been through all the settings and can't find screen brightness anywhere, it's perfect indoors but as soon as I step out into the sun it's unreadable, but it's no biggie as once I have my settings I rarely change them until the next build.

Perhaps a future firmware upgrade might improve it.

They have the stainless in stock at https://www.ukecigstore.com/wotofo-and-mike-vapes-recurve-rda.html

Back
Top Bottom