What's new

Review C O V Wraith 80w Regulated TC Squonk Kit

For review today I have an older squonker that is still holding it's own with the latest mods, in fact it was way ahead of it's time and has some superb features that work very well.

As with all my reviews, they are pieces of kit I have bought and used and trying to share my thoughts/opinions as a user to hopefully help others in their choice.

Council Of Vapour Wraith 80 Watt BF Squonk Mod & RDA
Tech specs are very long winded so I might post them as a reply so as not to clutter this review, but here's the skinny of what you need to know:
  • Variable Wattage 10 Watts minimum to 80 Watts Maximum
  • Fully regulated
  • TC Wire SS - NI - TI
  • Temp Range 100 to 300c - 220 to 580f
  • Battery 1 x 18650
  • Stainless Steel Construction
  • Squonk capacity 10ml
  • RDA Diameter 23mm Ø - will take up to 25mm
  • RDA Posts 2 Post
  • OLED Screen
What you get for your dosh:
Here's how it comes packaged, very nice and classy, you can tell you have something special as you unpack it.

I won't waste your time listing the contents, a picture speaks a thousand words n all that, but it's got everything you need except battery & coils.

COV-Wraith-7.jpg

COV-Wraith-8.jpg

(Obviously this is my in use version hence the juice in the bottles)

Looks and Ergonomics

I think the styling is absolutely superb, it looks and feels expensive and it's metal construction makes it a nice weight but not too heavy (0.33 Kilo's), it's finish is rubberised which feels very silky smooth and durable, there's not a mark on mine and I've had it a good 6 months, the logo is quite prominent but in this case it suits it at an angle and nice font, size wise it's very comfortable to hold, and fits into your hand perfectly guiding your thumb to the fire button on the angled top and your fingers wrapped round the front so you can squonk without effort.

The OLED screen is very clear, bright and easily read outdoors, it's also recessed so difficult to scratch it, the buttons are metal and a nice clicky action.

At the bottom is the battery door which is slide & click action which has always stayed solidly in place so no accidentally spilling your battery & bottle (more on that later.

Size wise, it's slightly bigger length & height than the Pulse 80 but the same width as near as dammit, dimensions:
  • Height (without RDA) 88.5mm
  • Length 58mm
  • Width 25.4mm (will take 25mm RDA's without overhang)

COV-Wraith-1.jpg

COV-Wraith-3.jpg

Battery and Squonk Bottle

The bottom battery door is also used for the bottle fitting, something I dislike in squonk mods, how ever at least it turns itself back on with your settings when you close the door.

Battery is a nice fit and easily slides in, as does the squonk bottle, once bottle and battery are in place you pull the door to extend, push up and slide into place, sounds a faff but it really isn't and it stays firmly in place, a positive (pardon the pun) is the fitting has no risk to damage the battery wrap.

Battery life is obviously going to be down to your setup and battery choice, but it's definitely not an all day mod and I would have 2 spare batteries as it drains quite quick at anything near 50 watts upwards.

I've been using Sony VTC5A's in mine from FOGSTAR and perform well enough for a single cell mod.

COV-Wraith-4.jpg

Squonk Bottle

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the way the squonk bottle fits, it's genius and so damn handy, you will notice it looks like a regular 10mm bottle with it's thin nozzle, this simply slides into a silicone seal inside the mod, it's super easy and fast, no leaking issues either, and with your spare (supplied) bottle which has a cap on it's great for simply swapping flavours.

I't's novelty factor hasn't worn off, it's only downside is to change the bottle you have to watch the battery doesn't fall out or just remove it, minor niggle compared to the big pro.

The bottles are plastic (PTE?) and a little rigid, it doesn't affect the squonk but showing signs of wear and I've had quite a game sourcing spares, but I have sussed it now so all is good, just ask me if you need to know.

COV-Wraith-2.jpg

COV-Wraith-5.jpg

Menu's and operation

This mod is so damn user friendly, it was my first regulated squonker and only ever used it in wattage mode so didn't need to delve in too deep into the menus, but in wattage mode it has 3 very handy user memory settings which are quick and simple to setup and change, simply press the + button to cycle through M1, M2 & M3, if you want to adjust the wattage of any you just press the - button after you select which memory setting, then simply dial the watts up or down, click fire and that's it, memory stored.

Once you have the M setting stored it's a simple press of the + button to cycle through M1, M2 & M3, immediately after entering the M setting, press the - button to adjust it.

Locking is simple 3 fast clicks of the fire button, 3 clicks to unlock, this fully locks the mod from firing or changing settings.

Entering the main menu's is 5 clicks, this can be confusing at first, the first option is 'Power Off' if you press + it will shut down (5 clicks to power it back up), to cycle through the menu is the fire button, to change setting is the + or - button, you can change it into TC mode, set which wire type, Celsius or Fahrenheit, default Temperature, rotate screen and finally Exit Menu' before it round robins back through the options. that's pretty much it unless you are in TC mode:

TC mode, change your M1, M2 & M3 values as you did in Wattage mode, but you can also adjust the wattage, this took me ages to suss but it's simple, when in vape mode with the Temp set, simply press the 'minus' button which enables you to change the wattage, there a tiny wattage value at the bottom right corner, simply dial up or down to change the base wattage.

That's about it, oh apart from the complex vaping procedure:
Press and hold the fire button to vape :p

RDA

Here's the major drawback, the build deck is a 2 post with a shared hole for each wire leg (2 post with 1 hole in each) which are spread right to the edge, you can see in the build I have in it (SS316L 0.28 ohms 3mm dia shitloads of wraps) it leaves very little room for the wicking and gets choked, even if you have less wraps the legs still end up choking the wick.

I have had a few successful builds, most of which have been single coil which is a sod to get airflow to unless you just do it to one side but the airflow is awful that way, I have mine going down the centre with L shaped bent legs, tons of room for wick but be careful not to let the wick crowd the deck as no air will reach the coil.

Even when you get a 'good build' it's still a mediocre atty, it's the main negative of this kit, I could go on about the RDA's 'features, airflow' etc. but just forget it, the Mod is AWESOME the RDA is pure dog snot.

but fortunately RDA's such as the Drop, Recurve, Dead Rabbit etc. fit on it and work a treat, they also look good on it if you have stainless or black colour RDA's

Oh and the Wasp Nano is probably the best one I have had on it and keeps it pocket sized.

COV-Wraith-6.jpg

Conclusion
Out of all my many many mods this is one of my favourites and a lot of love for it, it's features feel slightly out of date but it's also a plus as it's so simple to use, a great mod for novices and experienced users, it's flaws are easy forgiven as it's pros far outweigh them, it's current price is pretty damn good now also, I have seen them as low as £45 (August 2018) and I had to resist getting myself a white one!

The RDA is a huge negative and I highly advise not bothering with the frustrating included RDA, thankfully it will take 25mm RDA's and many look and perform great on it.

Finally I would build single coil setups to get the best out of this mod, the Recurve for example looks perfect on it and a great vape in Wattage mode or TC Mode.

In a nutshell it's a high quality great value mod and high up there in my favourites.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Solid build quality with no rattles
  • Looks superb
  • Feels expensive
  • Very comfortable in the hand and during operation
  • Thumb fire button
  • Regulated
  • Easy ingenious squonk bottle fitting
  • Bright and clear OLED screen
  • 10ml Capacity
  • Value for money
  • Rubberised silky finish
  • Takes up to 25mm RDA's
  • Easy locking/unlocking
  • New user friendly.

Cons
  • Dreadful included RDA
  • Shared bottle & battery door
  • Battery life when using higher power
  • Squonk bottles are a bit hard.
  • Some might find it too heavy (but it's only 0.33 Kilos)
  • Slightly outdated (it is still a more than capable squonker)

Well that's about it, I was going to do a Compared to but I haven't got anything in it's class, it sits somewhere in between the Pulse 80 and the Therion DNA.

I hope I haven't missed anything, please feel free to comment, correct me or like would be appreciated.
Thanks for reading.

For review today I have an older squonker that is still holding it's own with the latest mods, in fact it was way ahead of it's time and has some superb features that work very well.

As with all my reviews, they are pieces of kit I have bought and used and trying to share my thoughts/opinions as a user to hopefully help others in their choice.

Tech specs are very long winded so I might post them as a reply so as not to clutter this review, but here's the skinny of what you need to know:
  • Fully regulated
  • TC Wire SS - NI - TI
  • Battery 1 x 18650
  • Squonk capacity 10ml
  • RDA Posts 2 Post
  • OLED Screen
Here's how it comes packaged, very nice and classy, you can tell you have something special as you unpack it.

I won't waste your time listing the contents, a picture speaks a thousand words n all that, but it's got everything you need except battery & coils.

View attachment 168064

View attachment 168065

Looks and Ergonomics

I think the styling is absolutely superb, it looks and feels expensive and it's metal construction makes it a nice weight but not too heavy (0.33 Kilo's), it's finish is rubberised which feels very silky smooth and durable, there's not a mark on mine and I've had it a good 6 months, the logo is quite prominent but in this case it suits it at an angle and nice font, size wise it's very comfortable to hold, and fits into your hand perfectly guiding your thumb to the fire button on the angled top and your fingers wrapped round the front so you can squonk without effort.

The OLED screen is very clear, bright and easily read outdoors, it's also recessed so difficult to scratch it, the buttons are metal and a nice clicky action.

At the bottom is the battery door which is slide & click action which has always stayed solidly in place so no accidentally spilling your battery & bottle (more on that later.

Size wise, it's slightly bigger length & height than the Pulse 80 but the same width as near as dammit, dimensions:
  • Length 58mm

View attachment 168058

View attachment 168060

The bottom battery door is also used for the bottle fitting, something I dislike in squonk mods, how ever at least it turns itself back on with your settings when you close the door.

Battery is a nice fit and easily slides in, as does the squonk bottle, once bottle and battery are in place you pull the door to extend, push up and slide into place, sounds a faff but it really isn't and it stays firmly in place, a positive (pardon the pun) is the fitting has no risk to damage the battery wrap.

Battery life is obviously going to be down to your setup and battery choice, but it's definitely not an all day mod and I would have 2 spare batteries as it drains quite quick at anything near 50 watts upwards.

I've been using Sony VTC5A's in mine from FOGSTAR and perform well enough for a single cell mod.

View attachment 168061

Squonk Bottle

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the way the squonk bottle fits, it's genius and so damn handy, you will notice it looks like a regular 10mm bottle with it's thin nozzle, this simply slides into a silicone seal inside the mod, it's super easy and fast, no leaking issues either, and with your spare (supplied) bottle which has a cap on it's great for simply swapping flavours.

I't's novelty factor hasn't worn off, it's only downside is to change the bottle you have to watch the battery doesn't fall out or just remove it, minor niggle compared to the big pro.

The bottles are plastic (PTE?) and a little rigid, it doesn't affect the squonk but showing signs of wear and I've had quite a game sourcing spares, but I have sussed it now so all is good, just ask me if you need to know.

View attachment 168059

View attachment 168062

Menu's and operation

This mod is so damn user friendly, it was my first regulated squonker and only ever used it in wattage mode so didn't need to delve in too deep into the menus, but in wattage mode it has 3 very handy user memory settings which are quick and simple to setup and change, simply press the + button to cycle through M1, M2 & M3, if you want to adjust the wattage of any you just press the - button after you select which memory setting, then simply dial the watts up or down, click fire and that's it, memory stored.

Once you have the M setting stored it's a simple press of the + button to cycle through M1, M2 & M3, immediately after entering the M setting, press the - button to adjust it.

Locking is simple 3 fast clicks of the fire button, 3 clicks to unlock, this fully locks the mod from firing or changing settings.

Entering the main menu's is 5 clicks, this can be confusing at first, the first option is 'Power Off' if you press + it will shut down (5 clicks to power it back up), to cycle through the menu is the fire button, to change setting is the + or - button, you can change it into TC mode, set which wire type, Celsius or Fahrenheit, default Temperature, rotate screen and finally Exit Menu' before it round robins back through the options. that's pretty much it unless you are in TC mode:

TC mode, change your M1, M2 & M3 values as you did in Wattage mode, but you can also adjust the wattage, this took me ages to suss but it's simple, when in vape mode with the Temp set, simply press the 'minus' button which enables you to change the wattage, there a tiny wattage value at the bottom right corner, simply dial up or down to change the base wattage.

Press and hold the fire button to vape [emoji14]

RDA

Here's the major drawback, the build deck is a 2 post with a shared hole for each wire leg (2 post with 1 hole in each) which are spread right to the edge, you can see in the build I have in it (SS316L 0.28 ohms 3mm dia shitloads of wraps) it leaves very little room for the wicking and gets choked, even if you have less wraps the legs still end up choking the wick.

I have had a few successful builds, most of which have been single coil which is a sod to get airflow to unless you just do it to one side but the airflow is awful that way, I have mine going down the centre with L shaped bent legs, tons of room for wick but be careful not to let the wick crowd the deck as no air will reach the coil.

Even when you get a 'good build' it's still a mediocre atty, it's the main negative of this kit, I could go on about the RDA's 'features, airflow' etc. but just forget it, the Mod is AWESOME the RDA is pure dog snot.

but fortunately RDA's such as the Drop, Recurve, Dead Rabbit etc. fit on it and work a treat, they also look good on it if you have stainless or black colour RDA's

Oh and the Wasp Nano is probably the best one I have had on it and keeps it pocket sized.

View attachment 168063

Conclusion
Out of all my many many mods this is one of my favourites and a lot of love for it, it's features feel slightly out of date but it's also a plus as it's so simple to use, a great mod for novices and experienced users, it's flaws are easy forgiven as it's pros far outweigh them, it's current price is pretty damn good now also, I have seen them as low as £45 (August 2018) and I had to resist getting myself a white one!

The RDA is a huge negative and I highly advise not bothering with the frustrating included RDA, thankfully it will take 25mm RDA's and many look and perform great on it.

Finally I would build single coil setups to get the best out of this mod, the Recurve for example looks perfect on it and a great vape in Wattage mode or TC Mode.

In a nutshell it's a high quality great value mod and high up there in my favourites.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Looks superb
  • Feels expensive
  • Thumb fire button
  • Regulated
  • 10ml Capacity
  • Value for money
  • Takes up to 25mm RDA's
  • Easy locking/unlocking
  • New user friendly.

Cons
  • Dreadful included RDA

Well that's about it, I was going to do a Compared to but I haven't got anything in it's class, it sits somewhere in between the Pulse 80 and the Therion DNA.

I hope I haven't missed anything, please feel free to comment, correct me or like would be appreciated.
Thanks for reading.
Nice review bud, i love my wraith and think is a quality little squonk (with a wasp nano) and used it exclusively when i went on my hols!
I have split one of the bottles, why don't all squonk mods come with silicon bottles!!!

• Fully regulated
  • TC Wire SS - NI - TI
  • Battery 1 x 18650
  • Squonk capacity 10ml
  • RDA Posts 2 Post
  • OLED Screen

View attachment 168064

View attachment 168065

Looks and Ergonomics

• Length 58mm

View attachment 168058

View attachment 168060

View attachment 168061

Squonk Bottle

View attachment 168059

View attachment 168062

Menu's and operation

Press and hold the fire button to vape :p

RDA

View attachment 168063

Conclusion

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Looks superb
  • Feels expensive
  • Thumb fire button
  • Regulated
  • 10ml Capacity
  • Value for money
  • Takes up to 25mm RDA's
  • Easy locking/unlocking
  • New user friendly.

Cons
  • Dreadful included RDA

Thanks for reading.
Nice work bud beautifully done again. I used to love mine and handed it on to a fellow ape in need. He was surprised how good it was too. The rda was pretty poor but the mod worked flawlessly plus once used to it the menu was great for setting up settings for different rda's.
The stock bottles capacity may surprise you. Next time measure how much juice goes in.
I think the issue when they came out was the poor rda plus they mis advertised them as 5ml capacity.
Another early one worth checking out if you find one was the steam crave. Not great battery life but a superbly made mod.
Well done buddy.

Nice work bud beautifully done again. I used to love mine and handed it on to a fellow ape in need. He was surprised how good it was too. The rda was pretty poor but the mod worked flawlessly plus once used to it the menu was great for setting up settings for different rda's.
The stock bottles capacity may surprise you. Next time measure how much juice goes in.
I think the issue when they came out was the poor rda plus they mis advertised them as 5ml capacity.
Another early one worth checking out if you find one was the steam crave. Not great battery life but a superbly made mod.
Well done buddy.
Cheers for that, I got mine used from the classifieds and with at least 2 users it's still going strong and doesn't feel outdated.

I have a feeling the bottle could be closer to 12ml as one of my 10ml nic shots had the same tip and diameter but was too short, I will measure it next time I refill.

Off to nose at the steam crave now :)

Nice review bud, i love my wraith and think is a quality little squonk (with a wasp nano) and used it exclusively when i went on my hols!
I have split one of the bottles, why don't all squonk mods come with silicon bottles!!!
Yeah I have managed to botch up some replacement bottles via fastech and tube from ebay, but no joy finding a silicone solution.

I've ordered a clear Wasp Nano for it as the ultem one doesn't quite look right - OCD over function

Cheers for that, I got mine used from the classifieds and with at least 2 users it's still going strong and doesn't feel outdated.

I have a feeling the bottle could be closer to 12ml as one of my 10ml nic shots had the same tip and diameter but was too short, I will measure it next time I refill.

Off to nose at the steam crave now :)
Lol, as I remember it's actually around 15 ml... I know it surprised me too.

Yeah I have managed to botch up some replacement bottles via fastech and tube from ebay, but no joy finding a silicone solution.

I've ordered a clear Wasp Nano for it as the ultem one doesn't quite look right - OCD over function
I'm currently testing the fuchai squonker for review (hopefully tomorrow) and I really didn't expect much but spoiler alert, it's the most comfortable regulated squonker I've ever used. Can't believe how good it is.
The bottle is only 6.5ml but by time the tube is full and your wicked up you pretty much use a ten ml bottle up.
Amazingly good. Who knew.

is that a mech?
No bud. It's the 150w regulated. Takes 18650,20700 or 21700cells. With the new breed of vapcell 21700's it has a battery life halfway between the wraith and the geekbox. Also it now actually hits 150w. Small in hand and solid with zero rattle.
(Bloody hell that's half my review, lol). Using the drip solo on it tonight with a 0.3 3mm brochrome coil. Nice.
Screen is pin sharp too and full colour.

Back
Top Bottom