What's new

Review Vaporesso Drizzle Kit - Something really special for MTL

mustybadger

Postman
So, here I am, well over a year into my vaping journey, and I've been through pretty much every available carto, rta, rda and kit available (with a lot of expense to myself!).

I found my DTL sweet spot with the Aspire Atlantis EVO tank, and that's where I've stayed since it was released. My "perfect" MTL setup, for the longest time, was the Aspire Nautilus Mini. Worked like a charm. This then moved onto the Kabuki, which was a step up (albeit not enormous, but enough to justify the price difference). I was extremely happy with my available setup's and didn't feel the need for anything more.

Come last weekend, I sold a package of gear including both my authentic Kabuki tanks. I brought up an Aspire Nautilus 2 to replace them, and it worked fine, but in one last ditch effort to find something that will happily hide away in my top pocket, I looked into "starter kits". Just looking for an eGo setup or something extremely simple, I came across the Vaporesso Drizzle kit.

Vaporesso Drizzle Kit

Hate the name, but aside from that, it looked to tick all the boxes. It's extremely small, comes as a kit, single button operation etc...

Now, moving onto to actually using it. I can't quite believe how spot on this little set up is. It seems to have flown under the radar, and I'd never heard of it until I found it on some random website.

I'll start off with the 'not so great'. The mod. Yeah, it's super simple, which is what I was after, and what newer vapers would absolutely get on with, but it's essentially an un-regulated tube mod that starts at 4.2v and slowly drops down to a minimum of 3.0v. There's no variable voltage or variable wattage. The problem here is that I don't generally find the mod to provide quiet enough power, even fully charged. To counteract this, I've upped my nicotine to 18mg and it's absolutely satisfying enough. The internal 1000mah battery seems to last a nice long time, but again, the mod certainly isn't the star of the show here.

Now, on to the "good". The tank. Again, it's a simple little tank, 1.8ml juice capacity. The good thing here is the top airflow. It's pretty much entirely leakproof. The airflow is fully adjustable and it's as quiet as a mouse to use. No matter how you like your airflow, i'm sure there will be a setting here to satisfy your needs. wide open, you can even get a restricted lung hit with it. It's 17mm in width, and it's absolutely tiny. It's footprint is smaller than the Nautilus Mini and the Nautilus X. It looks great with the supplied mod, but even better sat atop something like a Mini Volt.

Now, the "something special". The 1.3ohm Ceramic Mini EUC Coil. I started off with the 1.4ohm Cotton Coil. This was OK, but the break-in time was a little painful. After 2 full tanks, I was still getting a slight cotton flavor, so I decided to swap this coil out, find my trusty bottle of Manabush Chiricahua Sun, pop in the ceramic coil and start again. And, good lord, what an incredible coil this is. After many years of the ol' trust Nautilus coils, this coil is a revelation.

I've used Kayfun Mini V3's, Kayfun V5's, Squape's, Snapdragon's, Kabuki's, Nautilus 2's, and the closest I can say is the Kayfun Mini v3, and that is super high praise indeed. The flavor is clean, precise and full.

It's an amazing coil, and paired with the perfect airflow of the tank and the low voltage vape of Manabush liquids, it's absolutely spot on. I can't praise this tank enough, and being a ceramic coil, it'll happily outlast most of the pre-built coilheads on the market.

Pair this with the fact that the entire kit is only £20, with a replacement pack of ceramic coils being £9.99, it's an absolute steal. The only downside is that I can't seem to find the tank standalone, I can only find the kit, but at £19.99 for the kit, it's cheap as chips either way.

Whether it's used as a stealthy "out and about" vape (which it is perfect for), or an all day setup, this is THE best Mouth to Lung kit I've ever used, and is only comparable to £70+ rebuildable's.

Couple of links:

https://www.vapourmate.co.uk/vaporesso-drizzle-kit.html

http://www.vapeclub.co.uk/vape-club-electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/vaporesso-drizzle-kit.html

Thanks for reading :) If you have one, or end up getting one, I'd be really interested to hear what other people's thoughts are.

Was tempted by this one,but i remember owning the vaporesso guardian mtl tank with ceramic coils that were awfull at wicking.How much use have you had on the 1.3 coils so far without issue?

Was tempted by this one,but i remember owning the vaporesso guardian mtl tank with ceramic coils that were awfull at wicking.How much use have you had on the 1.3 coils so far without issue?

I own a Vaporesso Drizzle too, and I'm glad to say that there is NO COMPARISON between Vaporesso's awfully unrelaible CCELL coils and the new ceramic EUC coils (EUC Mini, in the case of the Drizzle). They saturate really quickly, can keep up wicking wise (even with high VG juice), last ages, and are only £8 for a pack of 5. Great flavour too. I'd definately recommend them.

The Drizzle is good, but not the best MTL experience for me. I find that with the supplied unregulated battery, the vape is just too cool. The Drizzle's tank is removable (and 510) though, so I use it on a mod at a higher wattage and it's great.

How does the flavour on the euc ceramic ones compare to the nautius bvc in your opinion?

How does the flavour on the euc ceramic ones compare to the nautius bvc in your opinion?

If the EUC Mini ceramic coil is pushed a little harder than the 4.2v standard (which it can cope with quite comfortably), the flavour is quite considerably better. With the standard Drizzle battery (which is limited to 4.2v and then diminish as the battery drains) it's probably not quite as good as a Nautilus coil.

The main selling points for the EUC mini coils, for me are;-

1). Coil life - the longest lasting coil I've used. A Nautilus coil will start to lose it's taste after 7 days for me. An EUC ceramic coil will go 14+ days and still taste like day 1.

2). Coil value for money - £8 for 5 EUC coils that last 14 days each. Versus £12ish for 5 Nautilus coils that will have a shorter life.

Purely on taste, they're quite similar. Not that I'm bashing the Nautilus coils here - I still use a Nautilus Mini and a new Nautilus 2 in my rotation.

Back
Top Bottom