What's new

Review Pugsley's mean green flavour machine review of the Wismec-Jaybo Luxotic BF Kit

Sorry if it's a stupid question but...

Does the taste of ejuice becomes weaker as long the battery gets weaker?

How long can a 18650 - 3000mah last?
Lots of variables with that question Hilfiger, and don't worry, with vaping there are no stupid questions, if you don't know you don't know, simple as.
Firstly, depends on the Mod and battery, some mods will dip the power when it gets to a certain level without even giving you a low battery warning, and less power means less vape/flavour.....some will rinse the battery dry which is not quite as safe as it puts strain on your battery and can damage it, especially if you play in the higher wattage areas, but these will generally give you a 'weak battery' warning and stop working at some point, unregulated mechs will give you what your battery can give, so that's dependent on your build and how powerful your battery is, 3000mah is on the high side so the amps will be lower, when it comes to battery knowledge your best bet...rather than listen to me lol..is seek out Mooch, he is the final word in battery safety and performance......but to answer your question loosely...less power = less vapour = less flavour, and how long the battery will last is totally dependent on how powerful you are vaping....

Great review @Pugs1970! I've had one a few days now and am well impressed. This is my first squonker so have nothing to compare it to but for the price I can't really fault it.

Hi guys, I've ordered mine yesterday along with the silicone bottles. Is any of you having any leaks from the 510? Or was just some batches that went wrong?

Hi guys, I've ordered mine yesterday along with the silicone bottles. Is any of you having any leaks from the 510? Or was just some batches that went wrong?
Not had any problems with mine at all, only issue i have had is trying to find an 810 drip tip that fits nice and snug, but think i just need to look harder[emoji16]

It all becomes very clear when you see the included package, as well as an 810 adapter, solid pin, spare O's and screws, you also get a pair of very nice Alien coils....

0N8zKmx.jpg

Pre-cut and pre-bent, you simply drop it into the massive flat clamp holes and tighten it up...

sUcekhX.jpg

A couple of points worthy of mention here, firstly, the clamp holes are massive, these are chunky Alien coils and you can see how much space is left on each side, I didn't try it, but I am imagining using straightforward round wire coils will be a pain in the ass...if not impossible, flat wire...it would seem...is what the Tobhino is all about, as a plus point however, it has 2 little cut outs on each side of the build deck to sit your coil tool in while you tighten it up, first time I've seen that on an RDA and it's very useful...and necessary for this style of build deck....nice.

It also boasts a slightly raised BF pin hole on the bottom of the surprisingly deep juice well, great for keeping the juice in the Tobhino and not sucked back into the bottle on depress.

Airflow is dealt with via cut outs on either side and corresponding holes on the outer sleeve...kinda restricted, even on full bore, but this is a single coil RDA so you want to get the most from the flavour on offer.

t7fU2zw.jpg

Straightforward wicking, no surprises here....obligatory drip shot....

WdZqDhB.jpg

All in all, a very well made and manufactured build deck for a little fella, all grub screws are well threaded and the single O ring does it's job effortlessly.

The only thing I didn't particularly care for was the standard Ultem 510 drip tip 'nipple', thankfully, not only can you change the 510 tip, but you can also use an 810 with the included adapter, most people won't do this though, and the reason for that is simple, the Tobhino is super short, meaning your smackers are worryingly close to the coil, great for flavour...but it can run the risk of spit back....I say 'can'......

V0aaBn5.jpg

I went with this sexy little number...and I had no such issues, result all around and major chufties for me.

Finally...we have the beauty ring, completely unattached to anything, it just sits between the Luxotic and the Tobhino.

r22qnK5.jpg

Nice....if you like piss coloured Ultem...If you don't....take that shit off....

The Vape

Fucking...incredible...I'll just throw that out there, my 'meh' with single battery squonkers is fairly well documented, however....I wasn't prepared for just how fucking hard this thing hits, now I know there is some witchcraft and fuckery going on with the chip on the Luxotic, it has safety parameters and what not....but my searches when trying to find out any further information on what exactly is going on in there came up with diddly squat...is it boosted?....Because it feels boosted to me....and the first time I vaped on this angry green little monster....the punch it delivered, completely took me by surprise...

sYHYSRC.gif

It fires instantly, and with my cake hole almost sucking the coil itself, my mouth was instantly filled with warm thick full flavoured vape.....something I haven't experienced with a single battery squonker before, the only thing that came close was the VTinbox.....this however....is next level, the airflow is just enough and the flavour from the Tobhino is nothing short of impressive, couple that with the instantaneous slap that's delivered...and what you have is a pretty fucking amazing experience, form over function...the Luxotic Kit is definitely not.

The Specs

Parameters

LUXOTIC BF BOX
Size: 43.2*25.1*76.7mm
Thread type: 510 spring loaded connector
Cell type: high-rate 18650 cell
Max output wattage: 100W

Tobhino BF RDA
Height: 28.7mm
Diameter: 22mm

Decorative ring
Height: 5.4mm
Diameter: 25mm

WISMEC LUXOTIC BF Kit with Tobhino RDA comes with

1 * LUXOTIC BF BOX
1 * Tobhino BF RDA
1 * E-liquid Bottle
2 * Clapton Coil
1 * Cotton
1 * 810 Top Cap
2 * User Manual
1 * Warning Card
Spare Parts

Final Thoughts

My final thoughts on the Wismec Luxotic BF Kit by Jaybo would be that this is....at present...in my opinion, the best single battery unregulated squonker on the market today, the fit and finish is outstanding and although it may well be late to the party, it's almost as if Jaybo was simply biding his time to see what came out before he showed us how it should be done, and man did he nail it, some might not like the hard plastic bottle or the fact that you can't use your own, and you could even argue that instead of providing 2 impossible to see through smoked hard plastic bottles..at least one of them should have been frosted silicone...but you know what...you get used to it, and pulling your 'poo face' everytime you thrust your thumb into it..

kV41KCz.gif

Is a small price to pay for the quality of vape that the Luxotic produces.

Being primarily a high wattage dual coil vaper who isn't particularly over fond of the single battery squonk scene...even I have to admit....I very much enjoy using this kit...and have been taking it out and about with me more often than a lot of my favoured set ups, it's a fine quality kit in a sea of mass produced cheap 3D printed plastic......and if the green honeycomb doesn't float your boat in that particular ocean....you have these other and equally beautiful choices....to...choose from....(?)

Be6nehQ.jpg

HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE!........is that middle one a VooPoo Drag!??......clearly the person taking this picture accidently put his Drag down whilst setting up the shot......and simply forgot it was there.....silly bastard.....(ooh controversial and yet ever so slightly bitchy)

#istandwithtonyb

The Price

No surprises here, Jaybo's claim of making high quality gear at affordable prices holds true once again, the absolute key to success in this industry is making something awesome that everyone can afford, and this has never been more true than with the Luxotic Kit, at time of writing Vapesourcing currently have this kit up for a quite frankly...almost offensive....price, of only £28.62 / $39.90 ...for the whole kit!?... How the fuck anyone is making any money off this thing is absolutely beyond me, you simply WILL NOT get a single battery squonk kit of this quality...for this price...ANYWHERE, end of.....even with the £5 postage fee this price is just unreal.....uncompeteable almost...(that's not even a word)

Find that deal here....

Wismec Luxotic BF Kit from Jaybo

And if you fancy the mod on it's own, it can be yours for a ridiculous £23.60 / $32.90, find that deal here...

Wismec Luxotic BF Mod Only

wO3gpFK.jpg

Let's put it this way, deals like this don't happen very often, especially for a relatively new product, flash sales 12 months down the line maybe, but out of the gate?....Practically unheard of, and if you are thinking of trying squonking but aren't too sure if you trust yourself with an unregulated device then....you simply will not find a better product to start you off, you get all the pros of mechanical squonking with very little risk due to the safety features in place, and even if you are a seasoned squonker with a arsenal of single battery squonkers at your disposal...you absolutely should still have one of these in your collection, it's that good.....well done Jaybo, and well done Wismec for making it happen....

3a0q6zw.gif

As always if you would like to see how the Luxotic scored against other pieces of awesome vapeology then head on over to my house at Steampugs where not only will you find a wealth of excellent reviews from the Steam team but also a shop choc full of discounted vape gear.

Until next time.

Pugs.
Just about ordered but that huge wismec logo on the back killed it for me

Back
Top Bottom