What's new

Review Aspire Zelos Mod Review

SJvape

Postman
Here in front of me I have the Aspire Zelos mod, I've owned it now for over a month as this was my first mod and I like to think I've got to grips with her, learn how she works, her good points and her downfalls.

Let's start with the box:

A nice black and orange combo going on here with reflective 'Zelos 50w kit' and the mod itself drawn in reflective ink.
*I'm reviewing the mod only, not the nautilus 2*
You get your usual TDP rubbish on the box face, on the back you have what's included, what colour you have and another TDP notice. On the side you have an authenticity scratch label and the batch number.

Contents of the box:
1x Zelos 50w mod (Anodized Black)
1x Nautilus 2 tank (0.7 ohm coil pre-installed) *Again, not reviewing this*
1x Extra drip tip
1x Micro USB cable
1x 1.8ohm BVC coil
8x O rings
1x User Manual
1x Warranty Card

Apon opening the box, you see everything that's included, all nicely packaged and VERY secure.

It's a pretty little thing that's nice to hold and feels very comfortable in the hand, the nice cold feel on the anodized metal proves were dealing with a quality product.

Dimensions: 79x38x23mm

Specifications:
Output wattage: 1-50w
Output voltage: 0.5v-8.0v
Resistance Parameters:
Variable wattage &
Varible Voltage: 0.1-3.5ohms
Bypass mode: 0.2-3.5ohms
Temperature control (Ni, Ti & SS)
0.1-1.0ohms
Continuous firing time: 10 seconds
Firmware upgradeable: NO [emoji22]
Screen: 0.69 inch auto rotating OLED screen
Battery type: Built-in LiPo 2500mAh

Features:
•On/off by pressing fire within 2 seconds
•Enter stealth mode by pressing the fire button rapidly 3 times
•Access VW/VV/Bypass/TC by holding + and - simultaneously, and using the +/- to cycle through the settings
•Lock the buttons by pressing fire and + simultaneously while the device is on
•Sleep mode automatically starts up after 1 minute of being idle
•Spring loaded 510 connection

Protection features:
•Automatic Cut off
•Short Circuit Protection
•Low Resistance Protection
•Overheat Protection
•Over charge Protection
•Over discharge Protection

Charging Instructions:
•Charge via the Micro USB port connected to a maximum of 1A of current
•Once connected, the screen will show a flashing battery icon, when the battery reaches 4.2v or is fully charged, the mod will stop charging and the screen will remain off.

Thoughts:

Being my first mod I thought it would be a good choice, and I wasn't wrong. She's comfortable and easy to use with a little practice. The zelos is a good looking mod, with grey and black complimenting each other.

She's light weight and is easily carried in the pocket. Also pack FULL of features, surprising for something that's so small and only capable of 50w.

I do have to say, however, the battery is short lived, the mod only lasts 4 hours tops it dosent help that I'm a chain vaper but maybe at least 4000mAh would've been a better choice, yes it would of made the mod bigger but battery life is key in my book and having to find a USB socket or plug isn't how I want to spend my day, especially if I'm out and about. I have noticed that the top of the mod has warn away due to unscrewing and screwing on different tanks, didn't effect the performance in any way but aesthetically, it looks poor.
The menu is easy and straight forward, easy to understand and access. The buttons are plastic are not too clickly, I would've liked metal buttons but I'm just being picky now.

Overall I like it, any new vaper could get on with this mod easily, even the intermediate vaper would like this as a go out mod.

For me though, it's the battery life that kills it. Everything is great until that 'Low Battery' notice pops up and it's a dash to a charger point. You can vape and charge though, which is a bonus.

Taking in all the pros and cons, i give Aspire Zelos 50w mod 8/10

a9707505fa9d7980d98d61b0b87d657a.jpg
5de0a2c0f206b1d22c414eda74af9ff0.jpg
91ae9d7a8b5a6caa0568b86064c76ad4.jpg
76653af3195f8d0176df07f4468e3205.jpg
cd775bb8c82c08590388a618093878b4.jpg

Slot of new vapers will buy the kit and use it as a kit. The review with an additional for the tank would have been good. Also you mentioned battery life and how long it lasted. But you didn't say what you were running it at or using it with. Awesome write up though.

I got 2 of these and only charge them once a week, usually vaping at 12.5w.
I do quite a bit of chain vaping myself too so assume you may be using the 0.7 coils?

I liked the style of the write up. Too many pictures of the box, compared to the contents!

Nice work overall.

Slot of new vapers will buy the kit and use it as a kit. The review with an additional for the tank would have been good. Also you mentioned battery life and how long it lasted. But you didn't say what you were running it at or using it with. Awesome write up though.
Thanks man, good point on what tank I was using, either the nautilus 2 0.7ohm @40w or the Atlantis evo 0.4ohm @50w. The latter requires almost 2 charges throughout the day. As I moved from mtl to dtl rather quickly, I brought the evo to suit

I agree with @speedfreek67 maybe one shot of the box, one of the inside, one of the mod and tank combo and one of the mod on its own?

Might want to add that if your using the 1.8 ohm coils the battery life will be a lot longer?
(Im no expert but before buying this kit i checked out lots of reviews).
Maybe also add a pro's and con's list to the end so you can see the good and bad?

Back
Top Bottom