What's new

Mods Vandy Vape Pulse X - Aurora Rainbow

Vapin'Bolt

Postman
X gonna give it ya…

Pulse X a great evolution of the original 80w BF, which for me was a mod which I would 100% recommend and have as a backup with a few spare kits available. They are just so easy and convenient to have and when paired with a decent RDA they sure are great…let’s see how this bad boy leaves the review table…

resize_DSC_0776.JPG
resize_DSC_0777.JPG

Out the Box

Here we have the beautiful TonyB Project VandyVape PulseX 90w BF Squonk.

The Squonk comes in of 17 different colour options all have black outer, but the panels are as follows; Lava Red, Fantastic Blue, Seaweed Green, Aurora Rainbow, Carbon fibre Black and Silver and many more. The mod retails at $89.99 USD and £65 GBP.

The battery requirements are a single 18650/20700 or 21700, the 18650 requires the supplied adaptor. For this, I have been using both 18650s and 21700 purely because that is what I have more of and they have been lasting about 3-4 hours give and take the actual ohm I’m running at. This is going to be significant if using single coil builds.

The mod can reach up to 5-90w which works on VW, Bypass, V and TC. With the new fast-acting VandyVape chip it really is a fast responding and works a treat.

The included BF bottle is 8ml and it’s a good construction easy to dispense along with a VandyVape logo to the top of the bottle. Having used the 80w before the ease now is great at getting the bottle out.

The PulseX RDA tank with a spare plastic cap and all the additions of an RDA box, spare screws, BF pin and Triple fused Clapton coils.

The kit includes a USB charger which is standard throughout the vaping world.

Always at the bottom of the box is the user manuals along with a warranty card.

resize_DSC_0778.JPG

The Build

I still love this design and the lightness to it is fantastic one of my favourite go to mods always is and always will, I think. The construction is made from plastic but has a rough finish which stops it from slipping out the hand. The magnetic panels are very strong and much bigger than the previous panels. I had the original 80w 1st batch. The mod is measuring in at 82.6x54.8x27mm. So, it isn’t much difference since last time. I like this feel in the hand and how it doesn’t feel too big, however, this is in my hands which are a decent size.

The bottle which is included is very much perfect it easily compresses to force e-liquid to the RDA and requires hardly any pressure. The bottle is very easy to clean and undo along with the easy fill. I've found a little knack on how to fill it without any leakages, trust me I have had a few when filling up the bottle.

The 510 connector which is stainless steel surrounding along with a gold-plated hollow pin, so the BF can easily pass through. It can easily take up to a 26mm RDA and id push to have a flush 27mm RDA If possible.

The screen is a decent size and easy to read. Which can now be changed to suit various brightness. Used this mod in power mode as it really is the most used out there when I speak with fellow vapours hardly anyone is using TC mode anymore. I did find using this mod at a lower w was brilliant.

The battery life still isn’t the best, and I can’t get any more than 4hours with a single 21700, it's slightly disappointing but it’s all down to the dual coil which is taking all the battery power. But if you were to build singular it wouldn’t be a problem

The buttons are very solid and there is no movement whatsoever I like them, there is no rattle at all which I'm pleased about I've said before rattle is a nightmare and a constant issue to me as a reviewer. The squonk area is grand and it does squonk very well there are no issues or leakages at present with the BF.

The RDA the PulseX is nice and I like how it’s built up on the x stand which is different. The post did take some tightening on the first usage but with the provided coils it took 5 minutes to full wick and soak the juice. It wouldn’t be my go to choice for a tank but I can honestly say it’s worth using as its part of the kit and package.

The airflow can be adjusted to have top of the coil flow, bottom or fully opening, again I find fully open to be the best in all choices. The resin tip is great and looks a nice little finisher.

resize_DSC_0779.JPG
resize_DSC_0780.JPG
resize_DSC_0781.JPG
resize_DSC_0782.JPG
resize_DSC_0783.JPG
resize_DSC_0784.JPG
resize_DSC_0787.JPG
resize_DSC_0788.JPG

Pros

· Looks expensive

· Unique design per product (resin)

· Fires on the Button

· Easy to use

· Nice bright screen can be toned down too

· Large E-Liquid capacity (8ml)

· Lightweight

· Nice fit in the hand

Cons

· Battery life isn’t the best (used two types - 18650 & 21700)

· Odd battery converter sound

resize_DSC_0789.JPG

Conclude

So on using this mod I like it...its light and compact and I don't feel awkward carrying. I’ve got to say having another addition to the ranges I have its just perfect and I’m glad I’ve had the chance to get this one reviewed.

This is one of the most compact squonks for me and I’ve enjoyed using the 80w and now this it’s just a great addition to the uprated previous. Now I was concerned in relation to the noise, having researched it and gone into to detail with it I found it is the battery volt converter. I only vaped at 60w constant as I felt it gave the best flavour and cloud. I didn't get one dry hit at all while using this set up it was perfect for me.

Would I buy this? Yeah, of course I would I love the 80w and still do and having this is just an addition to what is a great bit of kit

resize_DSC_0790.JPG

Equipment/Products Used

Mod – Vandy Vape - Pulse X BF – Aurora Rainbow
Tank – Vandy Vape - Pulse X - Black
E-liquid – Sweet Vape Co – Sweet & Fruity - Orchards - 70/30 - 3mg Nic
Coils – VV - Dual Coil – Triple Fused Clapton - Dual Core - 0.22ohm
Batteries – Samsung 30t 21700

I would like to thank Ema from Sourcemore for supplying the Pulse X for the purpose of this review.

Use code VAPINBOLT8 to get a further discount*

*this is not associated with any affiliates nor do I get any return this is purely linked to the sponsor of 'Vapin'Bolt Reviewer Tag' Vapin’ Bolt (@vapinbolt)

Back
Top Bottom