What's new

Voopoo X217

Shetland Sam

Achiever
Alright guys. Here we are again for another hardware review.

This was sent out for the purpose of this review so thanks to @VOOPOO for the chance to take a look at this mod. All opinions expressed here are those of my own and no one else's.

So today we are taking a look at a mod that first made an appearance in the beginning of the year. After hearing some of the respected members of this forum saying it could be the mod of 2019 i knew I had to have a look at this one myself.

So let's have a look at the Voopoo X217

Made by voopoo after their acquisition of Woody vapes. The X217 was brought out.

20190403_151802.jpg

I was sent the mod only so there isn't much in the way of kit contents. The mod, battery adaptors, user manuals and what not.

Some quick specs of the mod

Max 217w
Resistance range vw 0.05-3.0ohm 0.05-1.5ohm TC
Comparable with 18650, 20700 and 21700.
All the built in safety features you would expect from a regulated mod.
Constructed of zinc alloy, resin and leather.

5 clicks on and off
3 clicks changes to TC mode.
And other 3 clicks gets you to the function menu.

Once at the function menu hold + & - to get into the menu where you can adjust the time settings, brightness, change led colour ( or turn them off) change the wallpaper and language.

20190403_151841.jpg

The x217 has a large bright screen which displays all the info you need at a glance. Ohm, volt, power, battery level and the all important puff counter.

20190403_151820.jpg

The batteries insert in the base of the mod, the battery door is held closed by a tab and is spring loaded. I have been using golisi 21700 batteries. The golisi cells do have a thick battery wrap but unfortunately the battery rattle is still there. They don't rattle in normal use but if you shake the mod slightly they do rattle which isn't a big deal, but it is something to bear in mind. Fitted with a tank and 21700 it is a touch on the heavy side but hasn't bothered me too much.

The 510 is central on the mod and is flush with the top plate of the devise. This mod can accommodate 30mm atties with 0 overhang. This mod is also fitted with the gene chip ad you would expect with a voopoo device.

I really love the finish on the mod with its carbon fibre side panels and the arctic camo fire button and matching back plate. It looks and feels quality. I know the lights aren't to everyone's taste but you can switch them off.

20190403_151834.jpg

During my use of this mod I have tried a few different rdas and tanks on it but I finally settles with the uforce tank that came with the drag 2 just because it was matchy matchy.

If you were in two minds about this mod and can look past the battery rattle. I would recommend picking one up. Since this arrived it has made my mechs redundant and has become my daily driver.

https://www.voopoo.com/x217-m

Last edited:
It’s a great mod just a bit too MASSIVE for me...
Tidy review..

It’s a great mod just a bit too MASSIVE for me...
Tidy review..

I usually have several set ups on the go at once but this has shelved them all apart from my artary pal 2. Although I got the top side dual yesterday haha

Good one Sam. :thumbup:
Bit of electrical tape around the ends of the batteries as suggested by someone in another thread perhaps to shut them up?

Good one Sam. :thumbup:
Bit of electrical tape around the ends of the batteries as suggested by someone in another thread perhaps to shut them up?

The batteries I use have quite thick wraps so mine don't rattle as much as other batteries. It doesn't really bother me but it is something that needed highlighting.

Great review. I've been waiting for this to be available for ages but I'm just wondering how it holds up to other mods in the price range.
I do like Voopoo mods though.

Great reveiw I'm a big fan of the X217 it's definitely a winner just a shame about the rattle but it doesn't bother me too much

Back
Top Bottom