What's new

Vaporesso Armour pro kit

Diablo

Achiever
I like to keep things simple, I vape using wattage. From the days of the early shisha loke stuff I quickly ran to mechs. With my Hammer mod once being a goto choice for daily use. But regulated stuff caught up fast so the switch was made. I am a sub ohm chain vaper, my gear gets used a lot. Single battery mods couldnt hack a big enough part of a day so carrying extra batteries became a thing. Dual battery mods brought a longer battery life, albeit still with a spare pair of batteries. My last regular being the late model sigelei 220 dual battery mod with a smok prince up top. But even that suffers with both sets of batteries flat by days end.

So 21700s caught my eye and me being me, I figured they might be worth a punt (bigger is better lol), and without too much research I took the plunge on the Armour pro. Yes its one battery, but I also intend carrying spares at work and this mod just looked so nice I couldnt resist. I should add, I also have a dual battery blade on order, so I have hedged my bets.

Consider this review to be a 'living with a mod for a week' type thing rather than a full description of what it can do, there are many others who give far better info on menus and the loke (zophie for one). For me, this is a general, is it worth buying one thing.

I should add, the drip tip in this first picture was not the one supplied, I dont want anyone disappointed if they order one and find a statndard tube drip tip comes with the tank. I just like the stubby one.

image.png

The mod itself is small, but a nice thing to hold. The screen is sharp and clear but only in low light. Its actually built into the firing bar. The micro switch/contact os in the upper part of the bar with the hinge at the base. There is an audible click when fired and 99 percent of the time it fires reliably with only the occasional press failing to make contact. Its not enough to be annoying, but it is enough to warrant a mention that its not been a 100 percent hit rate.

The menu is clear enough, and the mod even has a clock in it. You can set the clock to analogue, digital, or if you prefer, you can turn it off. If mines anything to go by, you will never see anyone using the clock if they have found the option to disable it, it is useless. In two days mine lost 10 minutes. So if you are not prepared to set it daily, or if accuracy is important to you, then just disable it and move on. As the screen is built into the firing bar (a nice touch) it doesnt light up a dark room when using the mod. You can turn the screen brightness down (it is set at 100 percent by default), but why anyone would turn it down is beyond me as I cant see it in bright light. This is likely because the firing bar is a translucent black so already dims the display to some degree. White has a tinge of blue to it belying the effect of the button/bar colour. There is an option in the menu to select colour, but as far as I can see that just changed the segments that show the wattage settings.maybe it does more but I couldnt see it during my use.

There is a USB port down low on the side of the mod, so you can stand it up while charging it. I dont like standing mods up at any time I am not using it, especially with a glass tank up top, its all too easy to get knocked over and usually by other people in my case. The armour is a slim thing with an equally small base area. The battery adds weight but I dont feel that standing this one up is something I would do if there was the slightest risk of a jolt to the table..

The supplied tank was the excellent cascade mini, but being in the UK meant it was the tpd version. Worse still, it was the steel insert version and not the rubber bung type that so many early minis had fitted. My attack on that steel bung is elsewhere on the forum, suffice to say, the 2ml capacity of the cascade mini in a sub ohm setup is woefully inadequate and meant that before modifying the tank it was a seriously annoying thing with way too many refills. The tank itself though has been leak free and is a worthy little thing, I retired the prince almost immediately so it must be good. The locking top cap on mine was fiddly and in the end i unscrew the mouth piece cap to fill it rather than mess with the partial unscrew and slide option. When the slide option works, its not quite enough movement to allow bigger bottles to get in without removing the mouthpiece anyway. Its worth noting, that if you needed to replace the glass (or get to the tpd restrictor to either remove the rubber from the early version, or hack and slash the steel one) that the threads on the parts to split the tank are reverse threaded.

Out of the box I set went through all the menus and ended up staying with simple wattage set on high at 50 watts. It fires hard and fast, just what you would want and expect these days.no wasted time waiting for it to get the coil hot before taking a hit. Simply put, it's doing what I want already so the rest of the mods functions are likely to remain untouched by me. The three buttons that control the menu are nestled down low below the firing bar and so far havent had a single unwanted press I am sure I read or heard that you can lock the buttons, but I havent needed the option so am happy to run as is until the day comes where a lock is needed.

Now the elephant in the room. Battery life. As I said, I use mine hard. With the default coil fitted, running at 50w hard, I only get around 4 hours out of a battery. That might sound harsh, but its not that far off my dual 18650 Sigelei.

During my attack on the mini tanks tpd bung I ordered a cascade full size tank. Its larger capacity appealed (I hate constantly filling tanks while out, so a larger capacity was a big push for a change). This bigger brother is nice, though it doesnt have the locking top cap of the mini. It is now my weapon of choice, and being red, arsthetically it really suits the blue red mod.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

Thankfully, the bigger cascade had the rubber bung tpd compliance fitted and not the near impossible to shift steel bast its smaller brother came with. 30 seconds to open up the tank and pop it out. For reference, the threads are a normal lefty loosey righty tighty on the tank section (the mini is reverse threaded for some reason).
image.png

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    771.7 KB · Views: 107
I like to keep things simple, I vape using wattage. From the days of the early shisha loke stuff I quickly ran to mechs. With my Hammer mod once being a goto choice for daily use. But regulated stuff caught up fast so the switch was made. I am a sub ohm chain vaper, my gear gets used a lot. Single battery mods couldnt hack a big enough part of a day so carrying extra batteries became a thing. Dual battery mods brought a longer battery life, albeit still with a spare pair of batteries. My last regular being the late model sigelei 220 dual battery mod with a smok prince up top. But even that suffers with both sets of batteries flat by days end.

So 21700s caught my eye and me being me, I figured they might be worth a punt (bigger is better lol), and without too much research I took the plunge on the Armour pro. Yes its one battery, but I also intend carrying spares at work and this mod just looked so nice I couldnt resist. I should add, I also have a dual battery blade on order, so I have hedged my bets.

Consider this review to be a 'living with a mod for a week' type thing rather than a full description of what it can do, there are many others who give far better info on menus and the loke (zophie for one). For me, this is a general, is it worth buying one thing.

I should add, the drip tip in this first picture was not the one supplied, I dont want anyone disappointed if they order one and find a statndard tube drip tip comes with the tank. I just like the stubby one.

View attachment 201024

The mod itself is small, but a nice thing to hold. The screen is sharp and clear but only in low light. Its actually built into the firing bar. The micro switch/contact os in the upper part of the bar with the hinge at the base. There is an audible click when fired and 99 percent of the time it fires reliably with only the occasional press failing to make contact. Its not enough to be annoying, but it is enough to warrant a mention that its not been a 100 percent hit rate.

The menu is clear enough, and the mod even has a clock in it. You can set the clock to analogue, digital, or if you prefer, you can turn it off. If mines anything to go by, you will never see anyone using the clock if they have found the option to disable it, it is useless. In two days mine lost 10 minutes. So if you are not prepared to set it daily, or if accuracy is important to you, then just disable it and move on. As the screen is built into the firing bar (a nice touch) it doesnt light up a dark room when using the mod. You can turn the screen brightness down (it is set at 100 percent by default), but why anyone would turn it down is beyond me as I cant see it in bright light. This is likely because the firing bar is a translucent black so already dims the display to some degree. White has a tinge of blue to it belying the effect of the button/bar colour. There is an option in the menu to select colour, but as far as I can see that just changed the segments that show the wattage settings.maybe it does more but I couldnt see it during my use.

There is a USB port down low on the side of the mod, so you can stand it up while charging it. I dont like standing mods up at any time I am not using it, especially with a glass tank up top, its all too easy to get knocked over and usually by other people in my case. The armour is a slim thing with an equally small base area. The battery adds weight but I dont feel that standing this one up is something I would do if there was the slightest risk of a jolt to the table..

The supplied tank was the excellent cascade mini, but being in the UK meant it was the tpd version. Worse still, it was the steel insert version and not the rubber bung type that so many early minis had fitted. My attack on that steel bung is elsewhere on the forum, suffice to say, the 2ml capacity of the cascade mini in a sub ohm setup is woefully inadequate and meant that before modifying the tank it was a seriously annoying thing with way too many refills. The tank itself though has been leak free and is a worthy little thing, I retired the prince almost immediately so it must be good. The locking top cap on mine was fiddly and in the end i unscrew the mouth piece cap to fill it rather than mess with the partial unscrew and slide option. When the slide option works, its not quite enough movement to allow bigger bottles to get in without removing the mouthpiece anyway. Its worth noting, that if you needed to replace the glass (or get to the tpd restrictor to either remove the rubber from the early version, or hack and slash the steel one) that the threads on the parts to split the tank are reverse threaded.

Out of the box I set went through all the menus and ended up staying with simple wattage set on high at 50 watts. It fires hard and fast, just what you would want and expect these days.no wasted time waiting for it to get the coil hot before taking a hit. Simply put, it's doing what I want already so the rest of the mods functions are likely to remain untouched by me. The three buttons that control the menu are nestled down low below the firing bar and so far havent had a single unwanted press I am sure I read or heard that you can lock the buttons, but I havent needed the option so am happy to run as is until the day comes where a lock is needed.

Now the elephant in the room. Battery life. As I said, I use mine hard. With the default coil fitted, running at 50w hard, I only get around 4 hours out of a battery. That might sound harsh, but its not that far off my dual 18650 Sigelei.

During my attack on the mini tanks tpd bung I ordered a cascade full size tank. Its larger capacity appealed (I hate constantly filling tanks while out, so a larger capacity was a big push for a change). This bigger brother is nice, though it doesnt have the locking top cap of the mini. It is now my weapon of choice, and being red, arsthetically it really suits the blue red mod.

View attachment 201025

View attachment 201026

View attachment 201027

Thankfully, the bigger cascade had the rubber bung tpd compliance fitted and not the near impossible to shift steel bast its smaller brother came with. 30 seconds to open up the tank and pop it out. For reference, the threads are a normal lefty loosey righty tighty on the tank section (the mini is reverse threaded for some reason).
View attachment 201029

The mod looks great and I would be all over it but one thing put me off: the tint on the screen's cover. It's so heavy that the mod is useless outdoors. I've seen that the screen itself is pretty bright but the cover diminishes it so much. Please, @Vaporesso make an upgraded cover that is clear in the middle and tinted at the top and bottom to hide the PCB...

Great review @Diablo

and i totally agree with @gaart the screen is fine indoors but too dark for outdoor use and a clear plastic around the readout would be a added advantage to this great little mod.

It's so heavy that the mod is useless outdoors

Do you look at your screen much then? Ignore the following if you do ;)

Personally, I set the wattage (or other parameter), then lock the adjustment and that's that. When available I'll dim it down or even turn the screen off completely - one less thing using the battery...

Do you look at your screen much then? Ignore the following if you do ;)

Personally, I set the wattage (or other parameter), then lock the adjustment and that's that. When available I'll dim it down or even turn the screen off completely - one less thing using the battery...
I tend to carry 2 or 3 tanks with different flavours with me but just one spare emergency mod. When I feel like change of flavour I swap the tank and adjust settings...

I tend to carry 2 or 3 tanks with different flavours with me but just one spare emergency mod. When I feel like change of flavour I swap the tank and adjust settings...

Fair enough.

Unsure as to whether you're one of the majority or not.

I'm unaware of anyone else who does that, but maybe it's actually a common thing?

I know I'm in the vast minority with my nun flavour though ;)

I made a few spelling mistakes in the main segment, but most annoyingly I forgot to add a screen side image. As the screen is perhaps this mods weakest element I figured I would just do the pics here instead of editing the main post. Incidentally, the new cascade is far better at 70watts than lower so battery life has taken a bigger hit. I still get 3 hours plus, but it was worth a mention.

These pictures also show the three buttons (4 if you count the firing bar as it acts as a 'back to start' button while in menus). You can see the plastic moulding where the firing bar micro switch is on these images too. Those 3 buttons at the base 'left' 'right' and 'enter' at the lowest. They are small, so people with fat fingers wont want to be playing with those too often.

In a dim room the screen is quite bright and clear.

image.png

On this picture you might as well call it the daylight pic as thats pretty much all you will see in daylight. Its near enough blanked out in daylight.

image.png

This image perfectly captures the actual screen size in there.

image.png

Finally a close up of the screen itself. Its not a 'power' mod by todays standards, but for someone vaping sub 100 watt its a nice edc.

image.png

I made a few spelling mistakes in the main segment, but most annoyingly I forgot to add a screen side image. As the screen is perhaps this mods weakest element I figured I would just do the pics here instead of editing the main post. Incidentally, the new cascade is far better at 70watts than lower so battery life has taken a bigger hit. I still get 3 hours plus, but it was worth a mention.

These pictures also show the three buttons (4 if you count the firing bar as it acts as a 'back to start' button while in menus). You can see the plastic moulding where the firing bar micro switch is on these images too. Those 3 buttons at the base 'left' 'right' and 'enter' at the lowest. They are small, so people with fat fingers wont want to be playing with those too often.

In a dim room the screen is quite bright and clear.

View attachment 201041

On this picture you might as well call it the daylight pic as thats pretty much all you will see in daylight. Its near enough blanked out in daylight.

View attachment 201042

This image perfectly captures the actual screen size in there.

View attachment 201043

Finally a close up of the screen itself. Its not a 'power' mod by todays standards, but for someone vaping sub 100 watt its a nice edc.

View attachment 201044
Have a look at djlsb's review of armour pro. He disassembled it and the screen is beautifully bright and crisp without the cover.

Thanks for your thoughts and experiences on it mate. Good, bad, either way, its good to read of others experiences with gear so one can make an informed decision.
The bottom adjustment buttons remind me of the probe end of that long neck thing in the War Of The Worlds movie. :11:
images (19).jpg

Very quick update. The armour itself is still a brilliant little thing. But it has one 'flaw' in general use. Its probably just me, but on many occasions when holding it while putting stuff in the car biot, I find I have fired it up inadvertantly. Somehow, when juggling stuff about to get things in or put of the car, I must be holding it in a way that makes it far too easy to hit that button bar. The shape falls into a certain way of holding it and then schhhhhhhh vapour. Not in any way a design flaw, it is user error. But I have tried burning a coil out by accident a number of times now so its worth a mention. Lock it and pocket it if you have your hands full.

Back
Top Bottom