What's new

Vandy Vape Jackaroo Dual

BigCloud

Veteran
Lilia @Sourcmore sent this across for a review

The Vandy Vape Jackaroo Dual is the successor to the original Jackaroo. The main change is that, as the name implies, the Jackaroo Dual takes dual 18650 batteries and can fire
from 5- 188W whereas the original Jackaroo took a single 21700 battery and only fired up to 100 watts and like the original Jackaroo, the Dual is IP67 rated, and a little bit deeper to allow for the dual 18650 batteries and uses Vandy Vape’s updated UI but otherwise from what i can see very little has changed.

It comes nicely packaged in a solid box with removeable sliding sleeve a picture of your chosen device on the front product contents and features listed on the back and scratch and scan authentication code along the edge of the box.
IMG_20210116_002203.jpg

Specs

Size 90.5mm*29.7mm*56.8mm
Power range 5-188W
Working voltage 6.4-8.4V
Working current <50A
Output voltage 0.5-8.0V
Coil resistance range 0.05-3.0ohm
6 protections: Short Circuit Protection, Open Circuit Protection, Over-heating Protection, 10 Seconds Cut-off, Low Battery Warning, Over-current Protection.

The Jackaroo Dual has a full color 0.96” display .
Standing at 90.5mm tall, 29.7mm wide, and 56.8mm deep, the Jackaroo Dual is about average size for a dual battery mod. With batteries installed it has quite some heft to it and feels like a solid mod in the hand.

The Jackaroo Dual features the same rugged, shockproof rubber chassis as the original. This rubber shell is made of silica gel that is pretty tough and solid, and with the notched handgrip design on the rear making it really comfortable in the hand.
IMG_20210116_001706.jpg

The Jackaroo Dual comes in four panel colour designs. Stripy Black, Obsidian Black, Blue resin agetate and the Red resin agetate which is the one i was sent but seems to be more blue than red.
PAI7qFa.jpg

IMG_20210116_002627.jpg

Whichever panel design you pick, mod will still be black, the panels however are removable so you can swap them over if you want but this means buying more panels, i dont think that the original jackaroo panels will fit on this as the mod is deeper.

Up top is a minimal Jackaroo logo and is wide enough to fit attys up to 26mm without overhang, there’s no 510 plate just a spring-loaded 510 threaded hole, battery vent holes are on the top of the mod behind where the tank sits the holes are sealed from the inside and will only pop open if your battery vents, in order to keep the waterproofing intact.
IMG_20210116_001551.jpg

The screen is a 0.96” full color display. It’s bright, clear, and easy to read although looking at the pic you wouldnt think so the brightness can also be adjusted if needed in the menu settings.
IMG_20210116_001609.jpg

A large circular fire button above the screen which spins, not really a deal breaker it only spins if you try to spin it, but there’s always a chance that over time it will loosen up and start spinning freely, below the screen are the +/- buttons, (all are clicky and responsive) and the micro-USB port, with no silicone bung cover i would have thought for a waterproof IP rated mod there would be, like on the Aegis range, but in my testing i found it is waterproof.

The battery door is spring loaded and feels very sturdy. There’s a sliding latch to release the battery door which pops open nice and smoothly. The battery door doesn’t feel cheap and nasty at all it feels pretty damm solid. Polarity is cleary marked on the inside base of the battery door , battery compartment fits the batteries snugly and no battery rattle with the door closed.
IMG_20210116_001847.jpg

The mod has voltage mode, bypass mode, and temperature control modes for stainless steel, nickel, and titanium. You can set the TCR value in each TC mode
The UI is a bit ugly looking, the one on the Pulse V2 looks much cleaner. There’s two battery indicators, your mode, your set wattage/temperature, your coil resistance, a puff counter, and puff time.

Holding both adjustment buttons brings up the menu. The first option lets you toggle modes on or off, which is useful to turn off modes you don’t use. If the “ARR” setting is off, the device will automatically set the wattage when you connect an atomizer. “FIR” lets you toggle if the fire button locks when you lock the device.

The other options in the menu let you set the time before the device goes into hibernation, adjust the screen brightness, reset the puff counter, or change the color of the UI. When you’re in one of the TC modes, this menu also lets you set your coil resistance and adjust the TCR value.

Button Combinations are as follows and are the same as the Pulse V2

5 clicks of the fire button to power the device on and off
3 clicks to enter the mode settings and fire to confirm
4 clicks adjusts settings in your current mode
To enter the main menu +/- together
+ / fire to lock the mod
- / fire flips the screen
+/- and fire turns the screen on/off

IP67 Testing

Like the original Jackaroo, the Jackaroo Dual has an IP67 rating meaning it’s waterproof in up to a meter of water for up to 30 minutes, dustproof, and shockproof.

I dropped the Jackaroo Dual into the bath full of water and left the batteries in and the device powered on after a long half hours wait i took it out of the bath and it was still powered on and working gave it a shake to get rid of the water around the 510 pin, buttons and usb port, attached a tank and it still worked also plugged in the usb lead as i was concerned the port was not protected, but it started to charge the batteries, after giving it a good launching about on the field at the back of my house it got pretty dirty and a bit scuffed so i washed it off under the shower head and it still worked so i would say it is definatley waterproof and shock proof.
IMG_20210115_002408.jpg

The performance of this mod in power mode is superb . I mostly vaped in the 80-110 range and it outputs these wattages quickly and effortlessly but feels like it outputs a bit more power than the set wattage. Because of this, I used it at slightly lower wattages than I would if I used the same tank/build on another mod.

The temperature control performance of this mod is not the best. I tried it out with a couple of different builds and resistances and it’s just not consistent. It throttles too quickly or doesn’t throttle enough when it’s supposed to to prevent a dry hit. While I never got a full blown dry hit, I felt like it came close a couple of times.

App

Just download the app make an account if you havent already got one and install

Connecting to the mod is very easy. Turn your Bluetooth on and hit the “+” icon in the upper righthand corner. Next select your type of device and you should will see your device appear, click on it to connect.

App Features

(1) Find Device

Turning on the Anti-Loss function it will alert you if you leave your mod behind click on the big red button to play a beeping sound from your mod, it’s loud enough to find the mod if you’re in the general vicinity.

(2) Update

You can update your device firmware through your phone easier than having to plug cables into your PC, you also change your UI here. At the moment this section is blank and there are no updates or UI’s to choose download.

(3) Control

( Tab 1)Power

There’s a slider that allows you to adjust your wattage, as well as + and – buttons. The wattage updates nearly instantly . Using the app to set your wattage is a bit quicker than using the device as you can skip the button scrolling. You can also set your pre heat options by tapping the Set the Flavor option, Below that you can customize your wattage curve by dragging the sliders.

(Tab 2)

Temperature control

You can select your coil material, set your temperature, and also set the wattage in TC mode. Unfortunately there’s no way to set your TCR.

(Tab 3)

Variable voltage mode

A slider to adjust your voltage simple

So far I haven’t used the app too much for controls as it’s been easier to just change the settings on the mod itself just tested them out to see if they work.

Once again thanks to Lilia @Sourcemore for sending this across

Pick yourself up a bargain here https://www.sourcemore.com/vandy-vape-jackaroo-dual-mod.html and use the code JACK for a discount and whopping saving of around $26.00

Pros

Ip67 rated
Well Built with a bit of weight to it
Comfy in the hand
Easy to read screen
Responsive Chip

Cons/niggles

Tc mode isnt the best

Great review @BigCloud could you clarify something!
The top pics show the mod to look short and stout but in your photo in the tub the mod looks quite long and slim? Is this just angles and water refraction?
Edit:
Forget that I’m being a dumb arse ive just looked at pics again and it’s on its side! Duh! Ignore my dumbery!

Nice one mate. It's good to see someone actually putting one of these "indestructibles" to the test instead of namby pambying around with them. Exactly what I would have done if I'd got hold of a Forz or one of these to review. I'd have chucked it around and kicked fuck out of it to see if it lived up to the hype. If it does, all good. If it doesn't, so what? It was a free mod and at least it's been exposed as a sham.
Fair play to ya for doing it right mate [emoji1303] (imo)

Nice detailed review mate. Looks like a good mod. Good to see you were flinging it around as well. I always shit out of doing that with these kind of mods.

Nice detailed review mate. Looks like a good mod. Good to see you were flinging it around as well. I always shit out of doing that with these kind of mods.

cheers bud :2thumbsup: only way to see if it stands up to the claims of its ratings and it did ;)

Back
Top Bottom