What's new

Uwell Crown 4 Kit Review.

crustyfolker

Veteran
Hi Apes today's review will be on the Uwell Crown 4 Kit. Sent to me for review by Ella from @Sourcemore so Thamk you for your kindness Ella.
This review is my own personal opinion so without further ado lets tel you

Whats in the box.

●1 x Crown IV Mod (no cells)

●1 x Crown IV Tank

●1 x Spare Glass Tube

●1 x 0.4Ω Coil (Pre-installed)

●1 x 0.2Ω Coil

●1 x Pack of Replacement O-rings

●1 x Micro USB Cable

●1 x User Manual

●1 x Drip Tip Cover

Stats

Size 52.5x25x138.8mm
Material Zinc Alloy & Stainless Steel & Glass & Silicone
Battery Type 2 * 18650 Batteries (not included)
Power Range 5-200W
Capacity 5ml (6ml with bubble glass)
Standby Current <50uA
Voltage Range 0.7-8V
Resistance Range 0.1-3ohm (VW)/0.1-1ohm (TC)
Temperature Range 200-600°F/100-315°C

Lets talk about the Mod first. which is made from Zinc alloy and aluminium. The rounded edges make it a nice mod to hold. The buttons have a nice clicky sound when pressed and the fire button has a crown emblem on it and no button rattling . 2 small rubber feet on the bottom which will help save the bottom becoming scratched and there's also 6 nice vent holes in between the feet.
The battery door is held in place nicely with no rattle by 3 magnets and there is a small cut out at the bottom to help remove the door. With a nice battery sled similar to the voopoo drags underneath but the battery orientation marks could be better in white rather than being the same colour as the tray itself. the 510 has a gold spring loaded 510 pin and the 510 is leak proof which the Uwell crown 4 sits nicely on. There's a USB port below the up/down buttons to charge the mod but i would always use an external charger to charge batteries.
The screen is a smallish screen but displays info like seconds of your last vape which resets to zero after a couple of seconds. Power in wattage which can be increased or decreased in 1 watt increments, coil ohms voltage and both batteries remaining capacity and the percentage remaining above.
5 clicks turns the mod on or off and 3 clicks allows you to toggle between the setting which there are 3. Power, ss904L and TCR once in tcr you can click the fire button to change wattage and another press gets you to the screen to add tcr for your chosen wire types. wattage is displayed instead of voltage and temperature replaces wattage on the screen
I found it simple enough to understand compared to a lot of mods i have used. Press up and down together to flip the screen and fire and up locks the up/down buttons or fire and down will lock the device.
The mod fires up pretty quickly but not instantly. it is available without the Crown 4 tank as well as a kit and comes in 6 colours red, gold, silver, blue, purple and Green which is the one i got. the mod itself is a black frame the colour choices apply to the panel and door.
Finally the mod has a newly designed circuit board meant to prolong the life of the mod.

The Crown 4 Tank

Is a very good tank and comes with new 904SS coil heads which i found to be superb and last for quite a long time they also work very well in 904SS temp control setting and the flavour is spot on. The cap needs a quarter turn to remove or lock back in place and has 4 medium size fill ports. You also get chance to use 510 drip tips, remember those?.
The airflow is superb and at 64 watts it's cool and creates great amounts of vapour as well as excellent favour.
Mesh coils are also available but i haven't got any to try yet.
My only niggle with the tank is i just cant unscrew the section to replace the straight glass. The 2 rubber rings are really nice thick o rings which seal the tank excellently, but i find when left for a couple of days liquid will leak slightly from the air vents on the base.
One really good thing i like is the tank as a line to show you when you need to refill in the bottom of the chimney piece. Changing the coils is simple just remove the base and unscrew and replace, this can be done with the tank left half full.
The tank will match the mod panels in most cases its the same colour as the panels secondary colour which is set off with black to match the mods black sides.

Pro's

well made
works well
easy to alter settings
comfortable to hold.
feet to prevent scratching the bottom
leak proof 510

Tank vapes well
flavour
thick orings
minimum liquid indicator
easy to fill. remove and replace top cap
coils last for ages

Cons

The feet can make it easy to knock over
Small screen and digits

tends to leak from the airflow vents when left unused for a couple of days
hard to unscrew to swap glass section

Conclusion

I was pleasantly surprised with this kit, It's simple to use and alter. It vapes well and is very well made. The new 904ss coils are excellent i would recommend you try those.
it's also nice to hold with the rounded edges and battery life seems very good compared to some mods i have used. The crown 4 tank is one of the best stock coil tanks i have used for flavour.
Would i recommend the kit?. I would yes due to it's easy to use functions and the crown 4 tank giving just what you want in terms of flavour and vapour production.
Thanks for reading and i hope the review has been helpful

uwell_crown_4_kit.jpg

https://www.sourcemore.com/uwell-crown-4-iv-kit-with-crown-4-tank.html

Last edited:
Good one mate. Some tanks are mongrels to undo parts aren't they. I'm often expecting to break the glass on some. Haven't yet thankfully.

Good one mate. Some tanks are mongrels to undo parts aren't they. I'm often expecting to break the glass on some. Haven't yet thankfully.

Indeed they are i have broke one or 2 doing so over time but the straight glass does the job on the crown 4 tank even if it does only have 4ml capacity. I know the original crown was also a swine to take apart

Indeed they are i have broke one or 2 doing so over time but the straight glass does the job on the crown 4 tank even if it does only have 4ml capacity. I know the original crown was also a swine to take apart
I haven't tried a huge amount of tanks but the hardest I've struck is the Innokin Crios. You need a pair of pointy nose pliers, put the ends in the top fill ports each side and twist them. Impossible by hand, even needs force with the pliers. Good little tank, pig of a thing to take apart.

I haven't tried a huge amount of tanks but the hardest I've struck is the Innokin Crios. You need a pair of pointy nose pliers, put the ends in the top fill ports each side and twist them. Impossible by hand, even needs force with the pliers. Good little tank, pig of a thing to take apart.

I was going to try that with the crown 4 but i felt it may damage the metal in between the refill holes. I did buy a second hand crown years ago and the threads where damaged on the chimney i think whoever sold it had damaged it replacing the glass. I ended up super gluing it which was probably a stupid idea it worked ok though.

Back
Top Bottom