What's new

The Squid Trouble Barrel V3

Lol. This made me laugh. Me too thought that for 30 squid :)23:) I'll grab one. No black available so went for garish. I don't hate it. Its bloody heavy though. Its just not very aesthetically pleasing... Matches the seats in the pub though :18: Should have gone for the £40 minikin 3 instead.
View attachment 204874
Well i'm jealous,your in the pub at that time...

Aaaand it's gone.

For those who are looking for a cerakote dual-cell vw mod that does up to 150W, it's an option. Certainly when it's thirty quid.

I'm not one of those. I simply couldn't get by the absolutely hideous looks. My loss is Dementia UK's gain. </squid>

Aaaand it's gone.

For those who are looking for a cerakote dual-cell vw mod that does up to 150W, it's an option. Certainly when it's thirty quid.

I'm not one of those. I simply couldn't get by the absolutely hideous looks. My loss is Dementia UK's gain. </squid>
You've passed it onto dementia UK.
You monster.

Aaaand it's gone.

Was that the one on the shed yard ? if it was nice idea and well done to the charity

Aaaand it's gone.

........ until the next time ............ ??? :16:

........ until the next time ............ ??? :16:
Nope. Done with it. I wanted to find out if they’d sorted problems, I caned it for 48hrs, it was fine - but I own stuff I take pleasure from using and this was far from that. I’d rather have a small number of things I saved for that bring me joy than cheap Chinese mass produced lumps.

There’s more than simple functionality to me, tech needs to resonate in the same way that I don’t like four cylinder motorcycles,almost all cars, and politicians - it needs a soul, it needs a story. Squid doesn’t have any of that.

Squid stuff is ultimately a lie. It’s not high end, but he charges £80-100 for mods. It isn’t American no matter how much he bangs on about his supposed military service. It isn’t even QC checked.

So, no. I’m not interested in anything the company has to offer in the future. Squid is the equivalent to UKecigshitshow to me. They dead.

Interesting, I just reviewed it and loved it though I agree they uglyfied it, they fixed the problems the V2 had and decided to puke up some designs after a night out on the piss.

But there's just something about this mod I love, the weight, grip and faff free and feels great in the hand.

I was going to polish to bare metal like I did on a V2 below but I can't without f**king up the top as they bonded the screen in, I thought about swapping the guts of it as it has the same chassis but the top is different so I've ordered a Zap Wrapz for it with a less ugly design.

Squid-Polish.jpg

But it's got a mass produced unbranded QC card in it :18:

But yeah no chance it's worth £80 - £90.
I think when evolv pulled all the DNA boards from China they approached almost every bespoke mod maker in the world for "collaboration". Our own vapesmarter was even tapped up.
This is a product of that. They buy the name and the designers silence and mass produce then sell at hand made prices.
We're about to see a raft of evolv based stuff again now they're selling the board's back to Chinese manufacturers again.
Had a chat with dovpro the other day and they've a 75c mod on the way.

Back
Top Bottom