What's new

Rincoe mechman 228w kit

eyeball kid

Legend
This review represents my own thoughts and not necessarily those of POTV.
The Rincoe mechman 228w kit was supplied by the good folk at @Sourcemore. (Thanks Ella).
WP_20190509_20_07_15_Pro.jpg

This isn't perhaps something I'd usually review but the kind folks at soucemore asked and they've given me the run of their catalogue enough times so why not.
Included in the box is the Rincoe 228w dual 18650 mod, a (I believe 5 ml sub tank), spare glass, charge cable (usb to micro usb), booklet, spare o rings and two mesh coils, one 0.2 ohm and one 0.25 dual mesh coil.
WP_20190509_20_09_17_Pro.jpg

The sub tank is a very smok style dual Cyclops large airflow style with a sliding top fill and bubble glass. Seems of solid construction and the coils should be cross compatible with most baby beast style coils but I will confirm that later.
WP_20190509_20_12_50_Pro.jpg

The mod is very utilitarian in style. A little like a tiny military fuel can. It's actually very heavy and sturdy. It comes in a number of questionable designs but luckily this is the plain one. There's three different styles of the raised rib designs available too. Add to that, you can buy various stickers to fit within these rib designs.
Both panels on each side are held on with magnets. The magnets are plenty strong enough to hold but I'd imagine they'd ping off if dropped.
510 plate is centralized and accepts tanks up to 25mm without overhang.
WP_20190509_20_13_49_Pro.jpg

The fire button is very sturdy again utilitarian in design but nice to use.
Screen is very old school and a little dark so not perfect in high outdoor light.
I'm really not sure if Rincoe are new or a sub division of an existing brand but the board seems a little dated. This to my mind is no bad thing. All the features like tcr you'd need are present and the menu is truly a joy to use as its so simple. No extensive sub menus here.
WP_20190511_21_43_10_Pro.jpg

I've been using this big fella all week, with the supplied adequate if a smidge noisy tank and with a steam crave aromamizer supreme v2 which looks quite good.
It works great and I actually love the simple board but...
The design is a tad sculpted on the base which although looks good, can make the mod a bit of a tip hazard with large tanks.
The board does not hit 228w. It doesn't hit 200w. I'd say around 180w is the max here.
That's fine. Pretty much as high as you'd need from a dual 18650 cell mod.
I wouldn't use the mod to tc vaping with a high ohm mtl coil. The tc setting has a big wattage boost on hitting the fire button. Great for those big coils but not great with small high ohm coils. Hopefully they will offer a firmware upgrade. That said, this mods hardly aimed at the low wattage mtl vaper.
Last but not least. This offers on-board charging with the supplied lead. Don't use it.
I've found it wildly unpredictable and hasn't done my cells any favours. Also it's a new brand so I'd definitely charge externally anyway until tried and tested.
Solid easy to use and a few knocks and bangs wouldn't look aesthetically out of place so not a bad daily banger but not without issues.

A huge thanks to sourcemore for allowing me the chance to play with this big fella.

If you like the look of this, you can grab one here.
https://www.sourcemore.com/rincoe-mechman-228w-mesh-vape-kit.html

Attachments

• WP_20190509_20_14_22_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190509_20_14_22_Pro.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 94
  • WP_20190509_20_08_51_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190509_20_08_51_Pro.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom