What's new

My reviews of 2020 so far

The latest item to review is the Joytech ObliQ Pod
https://vapesourcing.com/joyetech-obliq-kit.html

I've only just opened the box and had a quick look, it has that iPhone unboxing experience to it, an absolute beauty! luxurious finishing and quite heavy, the glass panel iridescent pattern looks great, the screen is great and the fire & control buttons are pretty cool, the ergonomics are pleasing also, judging by the bore in the mouthpiece I'm not expecting it to be a tight MTL but there is airflow control so time will tell on that one, but I think RDL and DL will be a safe bet.

Photos done, coil primed and took my first toot of the MTL coil, it's not the tightest draw but more than acceptable for MTL, certainly beats the PM40 and the flavour is spot on, I have to admit I took this on as nobody else wanted to review it (Pod Overload) so I took one for the team - glad I did now :)

Photos done, coil primed and took my first toot of the MTL coil, it's not the tightest draw but more than acceptable for MTL, certainly beats the PM40 and the flavour is spot on, I have to admit I took this on as nobody else wanted to review it (Pod Overload) so I took one for the team - glad I did now :)
Do it!
Different vape devices deserve to be reviewed too. I really like the looking on that one, it breaks the trend.
Talking about distinguished vapes, I just remembered @MOTI Official , those guys create very original devices but never shown any under review :(

It hasn't left my grubby mitts since the first vape, which reminds me, the glass panels are remarkably fingerprint resistant.
(the screen is a lot brighter than the photo shows)

I tend to steer clear from lesser known branded pods as it's harder to get coils/pods as they drown under the flood of newer pods.

Joytech_Oblique_Pod-6.jpg

Even branding is subtle; I like it a lot. Waiting for that review
This maybe a nice present for Mrs. XS

Day 2 of the ObliQ and it looks even nicer in daylight, side by side vaping between the Sceptre and the ObliQ I much prefer the tighter draw of the Sceptre, flavour is pretty close, too tight to call in fact, I have found a bodge hack to tighten the airflow though, a slither of cardboard in the pod slot but it looks nasty, I might 3D print a little plug.

My road test has been interrupted though as I have just received some Geekbar disposable pods from @DeeDee aka (Pod Queen) to share my thoughts as a 2nd opinion on a review she is working on, I won't be doing a full review as DeeDee has it covered and should be live soon.

My first (and surprised) impressions of Watermelon Ice:
  • Nice box, pod is sealed in a bag and has 2 silicone bungs to prevent in transit firing (or to re-use in your pocket/bag).
  • The pod itself looks almost too good for a disposable, there's a crystal clear coating that really highlights the embossed pattern on the coloured body, it looks really nice and not as cheap looking as others I have seen, in fact it looks better quality than the re-usable Vaporesso OSMALL.
  • In the hand it feels comfortable and smooth and light enough for a shirt pocket.
  • Draw - F**K ME! - Ignoring novelty factor but this is one of the best MTL nic salt pods I have tried, tight airflow and an intense hit, 20mg feels stronger to me, the Watermelon flavour is lush and the slight 'ice' is just right.
  • The lifespan will be interesting as will the flavour/battery drop-off.
BUT there's no escaping environmental downside of disposables, the waste as it goes in the bin as the plastic can't be separated from the internals (battery & electronics), it all feels such a waste, especially as its a nice bit of kit, I will be trying to break one apart to see if the battery can be recharged and repurposed.
Price will also be a factor as it's one of the most expensive ways to vape.

I'm so torn by these little buggers, I know I will find them incredibly handy in the car or out on my Vespa at traffic lights and if used sparingly (says me chain vaping the little bugger for the past hour) then I can see their appeal, as much as I hate the disposal principle (I usually turn them down to review) I simply love these, I guess it's like tree hugging then wiping your arse on quilted loo roll.

GeekBar.jpg

Back
Top Bottom