What's new

Minikin V3S kit

WaitFor1t88

Veteran
Only the second time this year, I’ll be putting those of you that read these, through the pain and or pure ecstasy of doing so.

From those nice peoples over at sourcemore, Ella in particular, kindly sent over, yeah you’ve guessed it from the thread title. The Asmodus minikin v3s…. Kit
https://www.sourcemore.com/asmodus-minikin-3s-vape-kit.html
v3s I.jpg

I don’t think Asmodus needs much of an introduction, the middleweight kings of vape?, maybe, known for their minikin ranges, with various iterations such as the reborns inbetween, chuck in some rtas a few rdas a pod system here and there and not forgetting the lovely stab wood versions of the minikins. Also known for the somewhat higher quality than some of the other China brands

Without further ado,

The V3S kit, now I’m not sure what “S” stands for, superior, sexy maybe slutty , who knows, but it is different from the “standard” v3, not only in name but in appearance & very minimally in functionality, also it comes as a kit, not available separately. I was hoping as it’s kit only , that it would have been some sort or unique edition or something new in regards to the tank, but no, it comes with the “viento” tank, I’m guessing that most haven’t heard of, neither had I.

The Packaging & what’s in there, firstly it’s a nice slide polyester/faux silk lined box containing you v3s mod, viento tank, accessories box and battery safety card, now there’s no user manual and instead of that they’ve included a qr code that takes you to an online version, it wouldn’t usually be an issue for me but it can be a little tricky to operate at first before you get used to it
1 v3s.jpg

The Viento tank

A strange size coming in at 27mm at the base and 38mm tall, not including the tip, with straight glass holding 3.5 ml, the bubble is apparently a separate purchase
2 v3s.jpg

Up top is a slide style fill port with a oringed 810 tip
3 v3s.jpg

The tank comes with 2, 0.18 mesh, single coils & the base has 3 airflow holes
4 v3s.jpg

There’s not really much to say about the tank tbh its a standard sub tank really, probably why like me you hadn’t heard of it, it’s not new either, airflow is pretty smooth and the flavour passable, it’s also compatible with the readily available smok baby beast coils, if you cannot source the asmodus mesh coils

The Minikin V3S

A dual 18650, 200w mod.
You’ll notice if you’ve seen the standard v3 the the top slightly different, you have you standard asmodus 510, but the v3s has a raised surround, it looks nice to me but somewhat limits the atomisers that can be used
5 v3s.jpg

The body is pretty similar the the v3 except the S has a carbon fibre detail on the thinner edge, like where you may find an exposed battery tube on a higher end mod, it does have the same ergonomic curvy shape

8 v3s.jpg

Then there’s, your fire button, again slightly different from the 3, the v3s has a built in fingerprint sensor should you wish to use it, or it can be used to set your friends mod to your print, so they can’t use it, should you wish to do so ;)
7 v3s.jpg

Below that is your touch screen, like on some of the other asmodus mods & finally a usb c port for updates/charging, although I’d never recommend on board charging, dock port is located on the base

the slide and open battery door, need to be careful when picking it up, to not press down when doing as you may open it by mistake as there is no lock
10 v3s.jpg

The V3S uses asmodus new gx 200 utc chipset, which allows it to have the other functions over the standard v3, these being the fingerprint sensor button , accelerometer and wireless charging via a dock sold separately.

The V3s has one of the most feature packed boards , some might say slightly gimmicky all your standard settings are there, the likes of your multiple tc modes, tcr mode, power curve setting, soft, normal and hard power delivery options and an eco mode

Then comes the other “features” accelerometer g sensor for tilting to change thing like giving the mod “three hard shakes to change the colours” don’t do it lol, the aforementioned fingerprint sensor button and pin codes for your vape, sounds like apple had a hand in the design

Now navigating the device, I wouldn’t say a royal pain in the arse, maybe a pimple on there, it’s touch screen and isn’t the most practical use of that type of design on this, the screen is relatively small, sausage fingers beware and lends itself to not recognising inputs all of the time, especially if you have a slightly sweaty hand or a tiny bit of eliquid on there, that coupled with there being no manual makes the initial use a pain

Firstly when turning on the device you are greeted with a message asking you if you have married cells with no damaged wraps , nice little battery safety feature and does help remind you to check those wraps
9 v3s.jpg

Now this where the swipes and clicks come into play, like trying a fatality on mortal combat on the sega mega drive, swiping down the screen to unlock, then you swipe across where it says power to get to your tc settings etc, sticking with power setting press the number then can adjust it, further swipes down the screen will change you power s/n/h

5 clicks of your fire button will get you into the menu where more swipes are needed to select the various things from the g sensor, to changing the screen colours and brightness, pin numbers, national insurance numbers and your mother’s maiden name.

Asmodus hasn’t come up with a revolutionary change to their current lineup, it’s still definitely a minikin, you can see why considering the success of the other with the minikin name, they stick to the same sort of board even though it’s an upgrade, they’ve kept that rubberised finish on the black ones, it’s lovely but it’ll show fingerprints, the major change in aesthetics is the shape which I absolutely love, it’s awesome in the hand, especially if you’re left handed it sits just right, a similar styling to the palm bf mod I’d say, so not entirely an original concept. My only niggles with this, is the touchscreen , having to caress it rather than rub it ;) , fortunately once its set up you only have minor adjustments to make & when you’ve got used to it, it isn’t bad at all

6 v3s.jpg

Would I recommend the kit over the v3, thats a tough one, you seem to be paying 20-30 more for “S” and I’m not convinced you’re getting that in features, I’m sure the various sensors etc add up but the lumping in of the tank is trying to justify the price, but I much prefer the slight change in look the “S” has over the stand v3, are the looks worth the cost? That’ll be up to you

Cheers for reading

& thanks to Ella over at @Sourcemore

Great review, I like the look of the packaging, the tank the mod. But not the charge port........o`k i`m nit picking but it`s not something I use on any other device.

Cracking review mate [emoji4] think I need one of these just because it's got a fingerprint sensor [emoji23]

Back
Top Bottom