What's new

Joytech T80 and Cubis max kit

eyeball kid

Legend
This review represents my own thoughts and not necessarily those of potv.
Supplied by the ever helpful Cortana @Healthcabin.
WP_20190805_20_11_40_Pro.jpg

What we have here is the Joytech ULTEX T80 regulated tube mod and Cubis max atomizer which is another odd ball. It's a 5ml tank with top airflow and the nc film heater strip. You get your manual, spare glass, spare nc film, o'rings, spare cotton and usb charge lead.
WP_20190807_19_28_03_Pro.jpg

The tube mod is very well designed and sits well in the hand with the fire button placed well. It requires a 18650 cell which fits in the clearly marked bottom with a solid screw base. Zero battery rattle.
There's a small display at the bottom of the tube that offers up all the information you require but it is a small screen and not for those with poor eyesight.
You have up to 80w to play with and tcr and bypass are offered as well as wattage.
WP_20190807_19_28_14_Pro.jpg

The Cubis Max is an odd one. You fit little squares of mini pad into a recess that sits under the ncr film heater. This looks essentially like a flat nichrome strip, similar to the types were seeing in modern coils. Pre cut pads are included as well as a spare muji pad. The airflow is controlled via a ring at the top of the atomizer which makes this tank pretty much leak proof. The ncr film has a life of at least 3month's.
WP_20190808_20_16_26_Pro.jpg

Well yes your right. In the gold finish this looks like either Tony hadleys mic or c3p0's wanger.
As a kit though it's very impressive. Again I asked for this one as it's a bit different and it's a good idea. Rewicking needs zero skills or magic. Just pop a new pad in and go plus the film heat plate can be dry burned washed and it's ready to go.
Flavour is very good especially as it's a top airflow model and it's pretty efficient with juice. The tank shines at 30w so a good 18650 should get you through the day plus it has 2 amp charging on-board should you need a top up.
I tried a few different tanks (25mm look best) and the temp control works well as you'd expect from joytech. It's a tad heavy but easy to live with.
Firmware is fully upgradeable.
Definitely something different and worth a look especially at the price point (under £30) other colours are available and look far better in my opinion (the black or blue one's look awesome)
Another @Healthcabin bargain.

https://www.healthcabin.net/joyetech-ultex-t80-kit-p/18748.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom