What's new

Innokin Z80 Coolfire Zenith 2 Kit

Sam Andrews

Achiever
Roll up... Roll up

Hello my fellow vapers today we have the new kit from Innokin the coolfire Z80 Zenith 2 kit. This was very kindly sent to me from @Healthcabin thank you very much as always.

As always this review is my own thoughts and not associated with anyone from Healthcabin or POTV. Nor have I been paid for my thoughts.

Abit about the kit...

The new coolfire Z80 Zenith 2 kit is the new addition to the ever popular coolfire range by innokin, with the tank being an upgraded version of the popular Zenith range. I wasn't particularly that impressed with the zlide tank and never owned the Zenith so was looking forward to giving this tank a go. Unlike some previous devices in this range this supports a external battery and is being plugged as both MTL and DTL.

The kit comes in a range of different colours and for this review I received the gunmetal ash grey version.

Screenshot_20210713-190427_Samsung Internet.jpg

In the box....

• 1 x Coolfire Z80 Device

• 1 x Zenith 2 Tank

• 1 x 0.8Ω Z Coil (15-18w)

• 1 x 0.3Ω Z Coil (30-40w)

• 1 x Spare Drip-Tip (DL)

• 1 x Spares Bag

• 1 x USB-C Cable

• 1 x Quick Start Guide

• 1 x Warning Booklet

20210625_194150.jpg

Specs...

Mod

• Product Size: 131.75×38.3×27.6 mm

• Output Wattage:6-80w

• Output Modes: VW/VV/FØ (Frequency)

• Charging: 1.7A via USB-C Port

• Output Voltage:1-7.5v

• Resistance range: 0.1Ω-3.5Ω

• Display: OLED

• Battery: Single 18650

Tank

• Height: 36.0mm

• Diameter: 25.5mm

• Coils – Z-Coil Compatible (0.30/0.48/0.5/0.8/1.0/1.2/1.6)

• Airflow: Adjustable at base

• To Fill: Top-filling port

• Capacity: 5.5ml/2.0ml TPD

The mod...

The coolfire z80 is the upgrade on the most recent Z50 the main difference being the Z80 supports an external 18650 battery which straight away is a massive positive. The threading on the battery cap is brilliant and has a easy flick up part to help undo the cap. The polarities are clear for inserting the battery.

20210714_062957.jpg

20210625_194446.jpg

The mod itself is a very solid polished gunmetal colour which is broken up with an almost velvet type padding which depending on what colour you recieve matches that colour, mine Is the ash grey and it looks great next to the gunmetal.

20210625_194326.jpg

On the top is a spring loaded 510 connector which fits anything up to 26mm attys before an real overhang. Each tank i have used on this mod has sat flush which is always a bonus.

20210714_062457.jpg

The front of device is present with a colorful screen, a fire button which sits out nicely which is highlighted in a rose gold ring. The standard + and - buttons and USB type C Charging Port for firmware upgrades, as always I recommend using an external charger.

My first little niggle of the device and there isn't many is sometimes on my first click of the fire button I get an almost crunchy feeling from the button. But I've seen and read many other reviews and not everyone has had this problem. It makes not difference to the device so its not to much of a problem.

20210714_062851.jpg

The screen although displays everything you need in a device the bottom information could be a little small for anyone who may suffer with there eye sight and especially in sunny conditions outside.

20210625_194650.jpg

As always the screen displays:

• Battery Capacity

• Mode

• Wattage

• Coil Resistance

• Puff Time

• Puff Count

• Voltage

The menu system can take a little getting use to if you haven't use innokin products before but it is very simple.

• 5 clicks of the fire button will turn the device on and off.

• 3 clicks of the fire button basically puts the device in rest/ mode

• Press & hold Fire Button and Up – Displays battery voltage, coil resistance and Puff Count

• Press & hold Fire button and down – Locks adjustment buttons but still fires.

• Press & Hold Up & down buttons will open the menu.

In the menu you have a screen of different options, FO mode, power, refresh, settings and exit.

20210714_062916.jpg

The refresh and fO mode is technology innokin recently introduced into the sensis device and they have moved it into here, I won't go to much into this has its been done a 100 times before but In simple terms.

FO mode- most devices make use of DC (Direct Current) meaning there is a constant current to the coil which doesn’t rise or drop, it remains constant. With FO mode the device uses Alternating Current meaning the current to the coil will in effect, pulse, or change up and down. Innokin say this Will help extend the life of your coils and give you a better vaping experience.

20210714_062732.jpg

Refresh mode- this is either auto or manual on this device automatically when pressed fires your device at 40% of the wattage its set to for 1 second to help refresh your coil meaning it should always give a vape of a fresh coil. And with manual you fire the device yourself giving you more freedom on the Time you run it for.

Although I've used the refresh mode I'm not sure how much difference it truly makes but I'm sure many people love it.

This device feels absolutely fantastic in hand has a great weight to it and is a perfect size to have in your pocket for the day without feeling weighed down. This with the padded grip has to be one of the smartest mods ive used in my opinion. Another niggle which may not bother everyone is each time you swap your batteries the Puff counter resets.

The coils...

This kit comes with 2 coils but the device is compatible with the whole Z Coil range which gives such a great range of vaping qualities.

z-coils-2-3.jpg

The 2 coils are a 0.3ohm rated 30-40W and a 0.8ohm rated 15-18W so as innokin claim with this tank theres 1 for mtl and 1 for RDL.

I Started on the 0.8ohm coil and very soon after realised I was going to love this tank and coil for a decent MTL vape maybe not as tight as some people like but for me it was great I found my sweet spot to be at 15W the flavour was great and with the airlfow range on the tank I throughly enjoyed it. This coil as all z coils had a great longevity and was still going strong a week or so after putting it in.

I swapped the coils over and gave the 0.3ohm a go rated at 30-40 and with the airflow options this gave a great RDL vape, I found my spot at 33W which gave a great vape with very good flavour.

Personally I preferred the MTL coil out of the 2 provided but I will work my way through some different Z coils too see if any change my mind. I was very impressed with the mtl vape and flavour as I never got on with the zlide tank so was pleasantly surprised by this.

The tank...

The new Zenith 2 tank my first thoughts paired with this mod was wow thats a big tank for a small device.

20210714_062441.jpg

The colour matches the mod perfectly but does come with an ultem drip tip which I'll never really understand I would have personally preferred a black drip tip but I preferred the mtl ultem tip over the RDL tip provided for both coils so have stuck with it.

The tank as a nice unique filling system as to where you turn the top cap to lock and unlock to fill which has a silicone membrane meaning it's practically leak proof if you were to drop it when unlocked. I have however found with bigger bottles you may have to take the drip tip out to fill the tank up.

20210714_062540.jpg locked
20210714_062604.jpg unlocked

I was lucky enough to review the non tpd version so the tank comes in at massive 5.5ml glass tank but tpd will be 2ml. The bottom base cap comes off to change the coil but also doubles up as the airflow control and there's plenty of options with this tank from a large cyclop section down too 3 smaller holes for mtl meaning you can really fine tune your vape. I have found the tolerance in the airflow ring to be quite tight especially when on a mod and have sometimes found myself accidently unscrewing the tank.

20210714_062341.jpg cyclops
20210714_062409.jpg mtl holes

Overall I think this is a great tank for any vaping needs due to the amount of airflow options however I've preferred using it as a mtl tank but have found myself using it on a different mod due to it's larger size.

Pros and Niggles...

Pros...

• Great build quality
• External battery
• Great airflow options
• Lots of coil options
• Long lasting coils
• Great flavour

Niggles..

• Puff counter resets
• Display could be abit Small to some
• Padded material could wear easily and isn't waterproof

Overall thoughts...

Overall I have loved this kit but as 2 separate parts the mod is absolutely fantastic it looks so smart is easy to carry around and is just a great bit of kit, with an external battery using a mtl tank or rda on makes it such a great device with a battery which will last a respectable amount of time.

20210714_062320.jpg

I have really enjoyed the new Zenith 2 tank it produces great flavour, a smooth vape and Is compatible with so many coils however I feel it's just abit big for this device and I have found myself putting it on a large dual battery mod.

20210714_062307.jpg

For anyone looking for a single 18650 device I would 100% reccomend this mod, the tank I feel brings nothing particularly new or exciting to the vaping world but folks looking to upgrade from the original or zlide may be interested.

Scores on the doors....

Flavour- 8/10
Vapour production- mtl 4/10 rdl 7/10
Build quality- 9/10
Ease of use- 7/10

As always thank you very much to @Healthcabin for sending me this device. Don't forget to sign in to there website to get the best deals on this device.

HealthCabin is also one of the biggest vape wholesale distributors in China, if you're a vape business owner, just contact them to get competitive wholesale price.

https://www.healthcabin.net/innokin-coolfire-z80-box-mod-with-zenith-ii-tank-p/26833.html

Thank you for reading my review.
Sam
Screenshot_20210209-201701_Samsung Internet.jpg

Great stuff!!
My kits arriving today from innokin China via Holland..looking forward to getting my hands on it..be interesting to see how it differs if it does from all my other zenith tanks etc..

Another nice review Sam mate. Looks like a decent mod and a good upgrade on teh tank as well.

Great review Sam. Think it's one of the best stock coil kits for MTL.

I recently bought this vaper for MTL and I have already have problems with it... I put the 0'8 ohms coil and 50/50 liquid and when I vape it starts to bubbles and make that characteristic sound (I do not know what is the right word for it -my english is not good enough-): it crackles/crisps... The liquid falls off the atomizer in a way that even up to drip in my chest...

I recently bought this vaper for MTL and I have already have problems with it... I put the 0'8 ohms coil and 50/50 liquid and when I vape it starts to bubbles and make that characteristic sound (I do not know what is the right word for it -my english is not good enough-): it crackles/crisps... The liquid falls off the atomizer in a way that even up to drip in my chest...
I think the crackle is normal for coils to make to be honest. But I have not got this Tank, and the leaking should not be happing tho.

I have this kit and use it in F0 mode with no problem. A little bit of crackling is normal, but if it drips out of the tank, it is much too much. The recommended wattage for the 0.8 ohm coil is between 14 and 17 Watts, make sure you don't go above these values. I would start at lower wattage and slowly increase the power until you start to enjoy the taste.

I have this kit and use it in F0 mode with no problem. A little bit of crackling is normal, but if it drips out of the tank, it is much too much. The recommended wattage for the 0.8 ohm coil is between 14 and 17 Watts, make sure you don't go above these values. I would start at lower wattage and slowly increase the power until you start to enjoy the taste.

I respect the recommended wattages. I have just put the other coil that came in the box, and it happens again... I am starting to think that is the e-liquid... I use 50/50... Or at least what they sell me as a 50/50... Flavour: 60 PG/40 VG plus a nikokit.

what strength nic shot and what vg/pg ratio is it (nikokit)
what make it the eliquid. is it hangsen.
if it is gurgling you could of flooded the coil ot accidently put liquid down the chimney.

have a look at video

Back
Top Bottom