What's new

Innokin Proton Mini

Gitchy

Achiever
Lilia @Sourcemore sent this for me to review.

20200804_111047.jpg

https://www.sourcemore.com/innokin-proton-mini-tc-box-mod.html

The Proton Mini is a smaller, internal battery version of the Proton mod from Innokin. It's 3400mah and goes up to 120w. In the box you get the mod, a mini usb charging cable and the usual manual and other paperwork.

20200804_205940.jpg

3 clicks on and off. The functions come up with 3 clicks of the joystick underneath the 1.45 tft screen. They are:

Coil - Same, wattage, SS316L, titanium and NI200.

TCR - It comes up asking the temperature coefficient of resistance and once you've entered it you go straight to the screen where you can adjust the temp by 5 degrees at a time and the wattage by 1w at a time.

Curve - Lets you change the settings in curve mode.

Bypass - Bypass mode.

Memory - Allows you to save the info for 3 different tanks. Handy if you swap tanks a lot.

Settings - There's a lot in here.

You can adjust the cutoff time for your draw. Play around with the screen settings, like the time before the screen goes off and adjust the brightness. You can change tc from fahrenheit to celsius. There are a few different colours you can have on the screen. There's a clock on the screen and you can change the date and time. You can reset the puff count. Finally there's a function where you can go to the Innokin website and download software where you can add your own photos for when the mod goes into standby.

20200804_205955.jpg

The first thing I noticed about the Proton Mini is the weight. It's a hefty wee mod and that's something I personally like. It feels solid. The 510 is centred and it'll take a big tank, probably up to around 30mm. The fire bar is nice and clicky, you can fire from most of the way down it and you can tell it's the fire bar as it has a proton design at the top in case you get confused and try to fire with the other side of the mod. The joystick is 3 clicks to go into the modes and it has a nice click to it as well. The different modes are easy to navigate but once you're in some of them it's a little bit trial and error if you haven't read the manual like I didn't . Saying that it's not hard to figure them out.

20200804_205947.jpg

I tried out the tc on this and it works like it should in both the preset and tcr modes. I'm still very much a novice with temp control but it worked for me.

Now there are a couple of things that aren't so great. The screen is just not bright enough out of the house. It's the black smoked screen that's the problem here and that leads to the other issue. Fingerprints. I personally don't care about that, I wipe all my mod's screens on my t-shirt compulsively, whether they attract smudges or not as a nervous thing but I know some people can't stand a smudgy mod. This one I got has the same black screen on the back but there are other colours/designs available.

innokin_proton_mini_mod_colors.jpg

Battery life is good. A wee bit better than a single 18650 so good if you have other mods you can use while charging. The mod charges reasonably quickly as well.

I like the Proton Mini. I'm still a fan of internal battery mods, despite moving onto external batteries and chargers soon after starting vaping. The option to use a bigger tank and go up higher than the usual 80w is another plus point for me. The mod is well made, feels solid and also easy to use. Innokin have basically shrunk the big Proton into this hefty wee thing.

This one's going to my mate's stepdad, who quit a 60 a day habit a few years ago and still has his original aspire mod and mini nautilus tank. It's time he had something newer.

That’s a good in-depth review very informative great.

Nice review mate. Sounds good apart from the screen.

Thx for sharing. Nice rev.
Whats the nipple control like? Im intrigued with that as it is becoming a bit popular...
Agree on the firebar. Unless your looking at it, its a 50/50 , you take the mod and try to fire with the blank side :D. It should came with at least another texture on the firebar.

Thx for sharing. Nice rev.
Whats the nipple control like? Im intrigued with that as it is becoming a bit popular...
Agree on the firebar. Unless your looking at it, its a 50/50 , you take the mod and try to fire with the blank side :D. It should came with at least another texture on the firebar.

The nipple's ok. It's a strange combo. The fire bar would be great for people with dexterity issues but I'm not sure the joystick control would help.

It is quite easy and intuitive to use though.

Back
Top Bottom