What's new

innokin adept/zlide starter kit.

eyeball kid

Legend
Roll up, Roll up. Here good folk of POTV, we have the New Innokin Adept/Zlide kit courtesy of the wondrous folk at @Sourcemore (Thank you Ella).
This review represents my own thoughts and not necessarily those of POTV.

What you get here is.
The Innokin Adept which is a hefty 3000mah internal battery based mod. Simplicity is the key so you have two buttons, one to switch the mod on and off plus fire the tank and one to cycle through the power options, an led bar display and a usb port on the base that's sealed with a rubber bung.
You get the zlide 2ml tank which is a slightly simplified version of the excellent zenith tank.
Two coils. One is the classic zenith 1.6 ohm coil and the other an all new 0.48 ohm plex 3d coil (mesh) which is apparently super efficient and boosts flavour.
You get a spare glass tank section, spare o rings and fill port gromit, spare drip tip plus a usb lead (which sadly isn't the classic super tough and long innokin one you normally get.
An excellent instruction manual is included plus guarantee and battery safety card.
WP_20191014_16_19_53_Pro.jpg
WP_20191014_16_20_18_Pro.jpg
WP_20191014_16_20_05_Pro.jpg
WP_20191014_16_19_01_Pro.jpg

One of the selling points of this kit is the ease of use and robust build.
It's dustproof, shock proof and waterproof (although I'd say more water resistant). The display on the front has four display bars and a marker display to let you know if the mod has recognized an above ohm coil or bellow ohm coil. Also a battery status symbol is present at the top of the display.
This display only light's up momentarily when you hit the fire/power button.
The four bars represent the power stages and these vary depending on the coil.
Above ohm coils offer power choices of 11, 12,13 or 14w and bellow ohms offer 14, 15, 16 or 17w. Sounds more complex than it is.

2amp charging is offered as well.
The zlide isn't far different from the excellent zenith tank. Top fill via a slide top which is locked in place with the drip tip (you pull the drip tip out slightly to allow the top to smoothly slide open, a fact that stumped me for a while) this reveals a generous fill grommet capable of accepting all the bottle sizes I threw at it.
Airflow is controlled via a smooth tight ring at the base which slides open to reveal four small airflow holes which range from tight mtl to open mtl.
The same easy coil change system that innokin use on all recent tanks is present, this means you can turn it upside down, unscrew the base and pull out and replace a coil without losing any liquid.

It's taken a while to review this kit as it just wouldn't give up. The coils lasted very well indeed.
It's definitely designed for mtl use and really performs best with the included tank or with a zenith tank. The zenith coils are cross compatible with the zlide so some good choice.
The mod is so easy to live with. Good solid hand feel and the fire button is solid. I could see this lasting year's no fuss, no hassle. Charge, set your wattage and go.
The plus is that it automatically reads the coil and sets the wattage at the lowest choice for the fitted coil. This makes this a superb choice for the new vaper and it won't allow you to drive the coils any harder than they are designed for so no more burnt out coils by excessive wattage.
This just works and the original 1.6 ohm kanthal coil is fantastic for flavour. Probably the best mtl stock coil available. The new 3d plexi 0.48 coil was pretty dull flavour wise in my opinion. That said I ended up stripping the coil out after a week of service just to see how it was faring as it just kept going. Keep with the original 1.6 or 0.8 ohm zenith coils for best results I'd say.
Faultless vaping. Can't find issue here at all. If you want zero hassle or are buying for a new vaper, this is the best kit available. Job done.

You can grab one of these cracker from here.
https://www.sourcemore.com/innokin-adept-kit-with-zlide-tank.html
Huge thanks again to @Sourcemore
WP_20191015_23_07_57_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
great review with good pics from you as per usual etc....

admit I had serious doubts as to if kit or mod especially would be that good
yeah it is & had to eat humble pie a bit myself....
:pie:

One thing to note - the mod itself works very well with other tanks in the 11w~17w range
I'm using with 1.45 Ohm RTA's on 11~12w and is awesome, takes up to 28mm tanks etc...
(it does take 2:20hrs to recharge from flat but then it holds so much charge)

Now admit if the RTA coil was bang on 1.0 Ohm exactly, it "might" fluctuate on firing
between the two power range settings (11w~14w & 14w~17w),
but can not confirm this as not using 1.0 Ohm

However this mod is versatile enough to use with other tanks like my Hastur's 3.5mm etc....
So this easy to use kit that they put together is not just a Zlide only kit
and works with other MTL stuff should you upgrade or try other MTL stuff up to 17w

And at the price from Sourcemore it is a friggin' no brainer starter or step up from AIO stuff etc...

another good review squire

great review with good pics from you as per usual etc....

admit I had serious doubts as to if kit or mod especially would be that good
yeah it is & had to eat humble pie a bit myself....
:pie:

One thing to note - the mod itself works very well with other tanks in the 11w~17w range
I'm using with 1.45 Ohm RTA's on 11~12w and is awesome, takes up to 28mm tanks etc...
(it does take 2:20hrs to recharge from flat but then it holds so much charge)

Now admit if the RTA coil was bang on 1.0 Ohm exactly, it "might" fluctuate on firing
between the two power range settings (11w~14w & 14w~17w),
but can not confirm this as not using 1.0 Ohm

However this mod is versatile enough to use with other tanks like my Hastur's 3.5mm etc....
So this easy to use kit that they put together is not just a Zlide only kit
and works with other MTL stuff should you upgrade or try other MTL stuff up to 17w

And at the price from Sourcemore it is a friggin' no brainer starter or step up from AIO stuff etc...

another good review squire
Thanks mate. Yes, I've had some coilfire 4 mods for year's (somewhere close to five years I think) and I've used them to death, family has used them and handed them back yet still they hold charge enough to get me through a full day and more with a 2000mah internal battery. So with the extra build quality levels on this thing, I think these will be driving tanks for a very long time yet.
They also come in various "international" versions. The French one has the full size zenith included in the kit rather than the zlide.

Been trying to pick a negative from the adept/zlide kit, Aside from the camo finish which is ghastly but more a personal choice thing. If it makes you happy it's good with me, but all I can find is that a very slight niggle is the decision to create a moulded shape copy of the screen and buttons in rubber on the rear of the mod. You don't notice it really as I suspect it's more a visual symmetry choice and creates good grip. That said I've blindly attempted to hit the faux rubber fire button more than once now.

Nice review. I picked up a Zlide for the missus to update from her daily Kabuki use as the Nautilus 1.6 coils were starting to get a bit meh.

And its bloody brilliant. Might even get meself one as an alternative to my Kayfun 5. Which is praise in itself.

Roll up, Roll up. Here good folk of POTV, we have the New Innokin Adept/Zlide kit courtesy of the wondrous folk at @Sourcemore (Thank you Ella).
This review represents my own thoughts and not necessarily those of POTV.

What you get here is.
The Innokin Adept which is a hefty 3000mah internal battery based mod. Simplicity is the key so you have two buttons, one to switch the mod on and off plus fire the tank and one to cycle through the power options, an led bar display and a usb port on the base that's sealed with a rubber bung.
You get the zlide 2ml tank which is a slightly simplified version of the excellent zenith tank.
Two coils. One is the classic zenith 1.6 ohm coil and the other an all new 0.48 ohm plex 3d coil (mesh) which is apparently super efficient and boosts flavour.
You get a spare glass tank section, spare o rings and fill port gromit, spare drip tip plus a usb lead (which sadly isn't the classic super tough and long innokin one you normally get.
An excellent instruction manual is included plus guarantee and battery safety card.
View attachment 202452 View attachment 202453 View attachment 202454View attachment 202462
One of the selling points of this kit is the ease of use and robust build.
It's dustproof, shock proof and waterproof (although I'd say more water resistant). The display on the front has four display bars and a marker display to let you know if the mod has recognized an above ohm coil or bellow ohm coil. Also a battery status symbol is present at the top of the display.
This display only light's up momentarily when you hit the fire/power button.
The four bars represent the power stages and these vary depending on the coil.
Above ohm coils offer power choices of 11, 12,13 or 14w and bellow ohms offer 14, 15, 16 or 17w. Sounds more complex than it is.

2amp charging is offered as well.
The zlide isn't far different from the excellent zenith tank. Top fill via a slide top which is locked in place with the drip tip (you pull the drip tip out slightly to allow the top to smoothly slide open, a fact that stumped me for a while) this receives a generous fill grommet capable of accepting all the bottle sizes I threw at it.
Airflow is controlled via a smooth tight ring at the base which slides open to reveal four small airflow holes which range from tight mtl to open mtl.
The same easy coil change system that innokin use on all recent tanks is present, this means you can turn it upside down, unscrew the base and pull out and replace a coil without looking any liquid.

It's taken a while to review this kit as it just wouldn't give up. The coils lasted very well indeed.
It's definitely designed for mtl use and really performs best with the included tank or with a zenith tank. The zenith coils are cross compatible with the zlide so some good choice.
The mod is so easy to live with. Good solid hand feel and the fire button is solid. I could see this lasting year's no fuss, no hassle. Charge, set your wattage and go.
The plus is that it automatically reads the coil and sets the wattage at the lowest choice for the fitted coil. This makes this a superb choice for the new vaper and it won't allow you to drive the coils any harder than they are designed for so no more burnt out coils by excessive wattage.
This just works and the original 1.6 ohm kanthal coil is fantastic for flavour. Probably the best mtl stock coil available. The new 3d plexi 0.48 coil was pretty dull flavour wise in my opinion. That said I ended up stripping the coil out after a week of service just to see how it was faring as it just kept going. Keep with the original 1.6 or 0.8 ohm zenith coils for best results I'd say.
Faultless vaping. Can't find issue here at all. If you want zero hassle or are buying for a new vaper, this is the best kit available. Job done.

You can grab one of these cracker from here.
https://www.sourcemore.com/innokin-adept-kit-with-zlide-tank.html
Huge thanks again to @SourcemoreView attachment 202568
Ah, there it is. Good one.
Waterproof should really be standard in all mods in my opinion. It's not as if those that are cost any much more than those that are not.

Been trying to pick a negative from the adept/zlide kit, Aside from the camo finish which is ghastly but more a personal choice thing. If it makes you happy it's good with me, but all I can find is that a very slight niggle is the decision to create a moulded shape copy of the screen and buttons in rubber on the rear of the mod. You don't notice it really as I suspect it's more a visual symmetry choice and creates good grip. That said I've blindly attempted to hit the faux rubber fire button more than once now.

My only real gripe with mod is usb is on bottom
where as mods like Aegis is on the side so can stand upright easily whilst charging
could maybe have used the newer usb C, where there are more power pins to charge
might help it charge a bit quicker plus the lead plugs in anyway around as it's symmetrical

"think" they fitted their new MVP5 with type c port....

UCABL021600_1.jpg

innokin-mvp5-ajax-kit_4.jpg

My only real gripe with mod is usb is on bottom
where as mods like Aegis is on the side so can stand upright easily whilst charging
could maybe have used the newer usb C, where there are more power pins to charge
might help it charge a bit quicker plus the lead plugs in anyway around as it's symmetrical

"think" they fitted their new MVP5 with type c port....

UCABL021600_1.jpg

innokin-mvp5-ajax-kit_4.jpg
True, I'm seeing the C type become the standard in New mods. I didn't put the base charging As a negative as it's an inevitable trade off for the water resistance (although it's listed as waterproof I'd never call it that as it promotes nob heads to use them in baths and swimming pools).
I'm assuming the older usb point being smaller aided in the ability to make a more solid water resistant plug. Also I've had no leaks or gurgles so far from side charging due to the excellent zlide.
Definitely worth highlighting though bud. I know some hate a base charge point. I often think it improves aesthetics but that's not much of a bonus if your using an rdta on it, is it, lol.

Back
Top Bottom