What's new

Ein vape. Ein Kriemhild. Ein Erfolg.

Mawsley

Putting the soup into super hero
Caveat: I didn’t buy this as a kit, the tank was sent to me by Vapefly. After a full three hours I decided to buy the mod from Audacious Vapes in Kettering. I’ve received no fee from Vapefly.

Review: The Vapefly Kriemhild 200W Box Kit

02F29086-9E6D-4ED0-BC0F-2D6FE17A8D5E.jpeg

There are things I’m not keen on in my vape life. I’m done with mesh wicks in gennys, I have no truck with dual battery mods lining out insane wattages and (sorry to say this) I really cant be doing with things made in China.

My last dalliance with Chinese kit was the Squid Industries range - and each and every one was a shining example of what happens when you combine poor design with low cost production.

“Hey, Dave, would you like to review the Kriemhild tank?”

Hmm.

I told them I would give it a run and spurned the opportunity to earn money from it. I’ve always felt that a review is only worth anything if you know the person giving it is acting as an end user and paying for things.

Given my loathing of Chinese products, I felt it was a safe bet that I could be honest as I’d have no intention of ever wanting future products.

By now it should be pretty clear where I’m heading with this.

FA11FDF3-15A7-438F-BE2C-AA0C2021D5EE.jpeg

Receiving a bag that was already open and missing some of the bits that’d left China wasn’t a good start.

Nor was discovering the tank is a ridiculous 26mm. Honestly, seriously, what deranged lunatic ever thought that was a good idea? It overhangs every single mod I own. That, and 60-70W on single 18650 cell mods meant I was suddenly replacing batteries as quickly as I was refilling the tank. And I had to refill the tank twice within a few hours.

So, I reckoned, I’d I’m going to be fair to this thing then it probably needs to sit on the mod it was designed for.

Lockdown hasn’t been kind to the vape industry. Fortunately my local vendor had a Kriemhild mod in stock and could drop it around to the house for a fiver on top of the £65 selling price.

C15B7FCB-5CD0-482B-8633-1D19A93AC19D.jpeg

“You what now? You spent seventy quid on a mod from a region you don’t like just to review a thirty something quid atty?”

Yes, dear reader. All because I love you.

This is a lie. I don’t love you - I bloody loved every single thing about the atomiser.

My vape collection consists almost exclusively of German stuff and the things that aren’t have Dicodes boards in them. I unequivocally adore German vape kit.

Does this influence me to be predisposed to the Kriemhild kit? Only in the sense that you can see the styling cues in both mod and atty. An attention to detail, a bent from vorsprung durch technik to progress through design.

The way the cap allows you to fill with a 100ml bottle with ease, the method employed to change the coil that closes off the juice chamber, the blindingly great air control ring - there isn’t an aspect of this tank that hasn’t been fantastically thought about and executed.

024FE01C-D1C7-4E7D-BD1A-E1E0F3D2E674.jpeg

Minimal waiting for the coil to soak, if vaped brilliantly from the off. Clouds, if you like that kind of thing, for absolute days. The flavour coming from the heavy VG Element Banana Nut flooding my senses.

I paid £60 for a Limelight Arch as I wanted something simple to lob a premade into now and then - it leaks, it’s fiddly, and it’s now in a drawer unused. The Kriemhild has no reason to be able to outperform the Arch, but it does. And then some.

This is why I wanted a mod to do justice to the atty, something I planed on binning prior to it’s arrival. Something that it could sit on and supply the power it needs.

At £65, the mod isn’t cheap for a Chinese product IMO, but it isn’t the £300 I’ve been lobbing at mods recently.

What it is, what it really is, is yet another example of how a group of Germans can really nail design work.

3D0C3973-1A84-4C71-B3A1-87C877EAA055.jpeg

Ergonomically, it sits in the hand perfectly - albeit heavier than my usual single cell affairs. Buttons come as naturally to the fingers as the menu is to navigate...which is fortunate because I have an aversion to following instructions.

The lighting on the front and rear accentuates the device, rather than turning into Something that resembles a glowing sex aid.

The USB port is covered up, for God’s sake, not even my pricey DNA devices manage to do that simple thing.

The wife hates vape talk, she’s really hated me telling her how deeply impressed I am with the atty and the mod.

But I can’t stop. The Kriemhild combo has blown away all of my preconceptions of Chinese vape gear.

The only problem I can see is how anyone can buy one. With the global lockdowns hitting manufacture and distribution, and the tank being a glorious non-TPD 5ml, you’re going to have to perfect your Google-fu to track them down.

My other gripe would be the cost of replacement heads. Maybe this is something you’re used to, but asking me to stump up more than a tenner for three heads has me choking.

But it works. It works brilliantly. I thoroughly recommend the Vapefly Kriemhild kit to the forum.

As they say in German, “Es ist brilliant!”

Which, IMHO, is an absolute bargain. It's a must-have for DL vapers.

Strongly recommend people go look at video reviews before purchasing, my decision making has been questionable since 1985.
I looked at this fella a while back and wondered about it's origins. The mtl tank they put out was pig ugly but works like a diamond.
Being German I assume the shape is very ergonomic for inserting into the rectum. Appreciate an update on that when you retrieve it bud.
Nice review.

Being German I assume the shape is very ergonomic for inserting into the rectum. Appreciate an update on that when you retrieve it bud.
Lost waaay too many drip tips to do that again. A total Weltschmerz.

Great review, I don’t really DTL anymore but you have me wanting to buy it. I think mainly for the Analogue clock. [emoji3]

I think mainly for the Analogue clock. [emoji3]
There's not a fibre of my being that doesn't loathe the idea of clocks on mods...but it really kinda works. In a way. The font manages to tip it over into being interesting rather than Southend sea front gift shop horror.

And if someone doesn't pick up "Southend sea front gift shop horror" as their next album title I'm going to be very pissed off.

There's not a fibre of my being that doesn't loathe the idea of clocks on mods...but it really kinda works. In a way. The font manages to tip it over into being interesting rather than Southend sea front gift shop horror.

And if someone doesn't pick up "Southend sea front gift shop horror" as their next album title I'm going to be very pissed off.

Me too. I’ve a few with clocks on but that looks classy.
You need to register that “Southend sea front gift shop horror” toot-suite before somebody pinches it. [emoji106]

The thing I forgot to mention, I've not had a single leak from this.

It's been out and about and caned from the moment it dropped. Not a single dribble. There's not a single atty in my extensive collection that can claim this.

Not one leak.

IMG_2820.jpg

And there's not been a single refill where I haven't gone, "This slidey cap thing is brilliant".

No twisting, no over-tightening, no placing additional pressure in the tank and forcing liquid through the head so it can leak out.

I can't get over how German 103 and Vapefly got this all so right.

JPEG image-DEF8B157AD59-1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom