What's new

Déjà vu D7 180 Watt Mod

Tazz

Legend
Déjà Vu DJV D7 180 Watt Mod
Hi to all. Recently I won this Mod in a competition here. I nearly didn't enter, but when I saw it, it was hard to resist. It looks pretty good I reckon. Now Heaven Gifts never actually asked me to review this mod but seeing as there was a bit of interest in it and an issue with it I decided to do one. I have done this earlier than I normally would to give a heads up on that issue.
DJV MOD.jpg

The DJV D7 is a 180 watt, dual 18650 battery device which has a very clever touch screen operation. It is a true 100% touch screen mod with only the Fire button used to perform some functions such as confirming settings, going back to previous screens etc. Construction of this thing is seriously good with a lot of thought obviously going into it. There is however 1 "bugs me" issue which somehow was not addressed during production. I'll get to that later.
The mod itself is said to be inspired by a military rifle design utilising blast proof material in it's construction. What part of the rifle it is inspired by or from I am not sure, perhaps a handgrip section, could be!? Anyway, it does look pretty unique in many ways and has a great hand feel. Speaking of this, there is at the rear of the mod an angled protruding section at the top of it. It has a cutout section on it and at first glance I was quite bemused by it. But immediately when I picked this thing up, my index finger felt that section give me a "you're gonna have be stupid to let this slip out of your hand!" realisation moment. I guess you could affix a lanyard to it if you wanted as well but for me it gives that extra feel of being made to stay put. I do like it being there to be honest, it just feels right.
GRIP1.jpg

The fire button is large and sits almost flush with just enough of it protruding to let you know where it is. The screen is exactly the opposite with it being just a smidge below sitting flush. The 510 is by my measurement 22mm across but the mod itself from back to front at its narrowest is 35mm, meaning you can mount some decent sized tanks on the D7.
510.jpg

The battery section.
Like stated, the D7 takes 2 × 18650 batteries. They fit inside the mod in their own individual section at the base and with battery door closed make no perceivable noise or movement and the door has the battery orientation markers in white being highly visible. Good so far!
BATT DOOR.jpg

But! The battery door itself. There has obviously been a big mistake made in the production of this as the latch on the door does not sit flush in any type of propper recess! It sits out on mine by about, at a guess, a half a mil. There is a shallow recess where it is but it's not deep enough and the latch sits out. At first it gave me the impression, due to how much this mod rocks about, that upon a guess I thought it did so by a full millimeter or more. But even though its only half that in reality it is in that regard a fail. It's really annoying to see the mod rock about each time its placed on a flat surface. Not a good thing either that every time it is set down the initial full weight of the mod which is pretty solid is taken by that small latch. Boy did that slip by quality control! It drove me so mad, as well as expecting to sooner or later pick it up and have the door open dropping the batteries out, that I went and bought some sticky backed felt to stick on the base in various places to create a stable base with the weight now taken off of that latch. Yep, it's now fixed but you shouldn't have to do that with any device. Too, there is no getting away from knowing it's had a fix as I find my little finger continually resting under the base of the mod and feeling the felt. Not on purpose to do so but just a natural place I always put that finger with my mods. It's really dissapointing to have this issue on such an important part of the mod. You can easily see the raised latch.
LATCH.jpg

So how does it perform?
The screen itself is quite good considering it's small size. It is of a full touch screen operation apart from now and then the use of the fire button coming into play as was mentioned earlier. The screen is unlocked in either 1 of 2 ways which you can choose in the settings menu. 1 you can put your fingertip at the top of the screen and drag it down to the bottom, quickly releasing and seeing the padlock icon at bottom right, unlock. Option 2 is to set it so you tap the screen 3 times in quick succession to see the same unlocking. My preference is the 3 taps as there has been on the odd occasion an unlocking and altering of things inadvertently using the slide option.
You have the choice of 5 modes, Power or wattage, Curve, Temp, TCR and TFR. You have in settings, which you access whilst in unlocked screen mode by hitting the fire button 5 times, System shutdown, Puff limiter, Puff counter clearing, Eco stealth mode, Upgrade, Version, Screen brightness, Screen colour, Lock choice, Screen timer and Ohms setting.
As a example of using the screen lets say you are in Power mode. With the screen unlocked, by either your swipe down or three quick touches, you can touch the power level number, for example its on 55w, you now see the screen change to just the value it's on and an up and down touch point above and below the 55 which you can now choose to change up or down. Once done just hit the fire button to return to the main Power screen. If happy you just again hit the fire button to lock the screen and vape away. You can, before you lock, change the flavour setting, though I refer to it as a preset type of curve in a way, to Soft, Normal or Hard. This is altered by, with the screen unlocked, swiping down the screen where you will see it change from S to N or H at the lower left of the screen. On screen you also have below the wattage displayed Voltage, Ohms, Seconds and Puff counter. Above the Power level value you have your 2 battery level displays.
Curve Mode.
I actually like mods with this feature and the Curve on this is quite a good one. When in Curve mode with the screen unlocked, you simply touch and hold the centre power level until the screen displays your options in Curve. You will see 5 setting sections from top to bottom with Power on the left and Time on the right. Touch the first Power and set you level, hit fire to return to the setting section. Now touch the corresponding time on the right and you can choose from .1 of a second up to 7 seconds in .1 increments. You can really choose an absolute exact time to fire the desired wattage. I like this as for some tanks/coils I use it as a fire time setting using just 1 of the 5 Curve options as a timer leaving the rest alone.Trying this Curve out there has been a couple of times where I had to have a couple of goes getting the very bottom Power and Time sections to open. This Im convinced though is big finger tips vs small screen section and not an actual fault as such. The Temp modes I can't say anything about as Im not a user of those modes but navigation of them is all the same as the other modes.
Back to the batteries though as I think this is worth a mention. Using this mod I noticed the power levels dropping exactly the same. Never one dropping and taking several or more vapes till the other does, no, both in parralel, never any difference between them. Both 100%, both 95%, both 80% and so on. I took them out at one stage when they got down to 60% and checked them on a multimeter. They were so close in power it didn't matter, a .02 difference. I then charged them via a dedicated charger, checked the levels, recorded them, ran them in the mod down to the same level as previously then charged them via USB till done. Checking them via multimeter once again I was happy to see there was hardly any difference from the external charger with just a .04 difference. Im confident this mod will not overdo the batteries when using a USB charge option. The batteries were cold too when the charging stopped, and I kept a good eye on it all checking every few minutes towards the end to catch them at the very finish. Im not saying to ditch your actual charger just that if you need to use the on board that it does a good job.
To sum this up I'll do it in two parts.
The mod itself, in operation with how well things work and are presented, I would give a solid 9 out of ten. Losing just 1 point from my desire to see a slightly larger screen.
The battery section though, with that battery door switch, is so annoying and so distracts from what to me comes across as a near perfect mod that it takes points off.
All up, the mod from the battery section up, a solid 9/10. But including the battery door, a 5.5/10.
Not knowing this mod how good it works and operates, let's say I walked into a shop and had it set down on the bench in front of me, I handled it and saw it rock about, that its weight was all being put upon the battery door latch each time it's set down!? I'd ask to see something else before I even turned it on.
It's such a shame as it really is a nice mod. I expect though that the main man will be scrambling to get this fixed and not too far ahead it will be that near perfect mod it deserves to be. But right now because of that battery latch issue, It's not. Fixed though I'd have no hesitation giving it two thumbs up.
Cheers all.

Last edited:
Oh, and if anyone has some suggestions on something that would be better than the felt I have used feel free to let me know. I tried some 1ml thick double sided tape and put some plastic film on the outer section but still wasn't happy with it. Im not really overly happy with the felt. But I dont think really anything will make me happy as feeling anything there just reminds me of that annoying latch.

great review mate, heres hoping they fix the battery door issue on later batches
looks like a great mod though

Nice review Tazz.

The Rev GTS also has a rocking issue, with the bottom almost rounded, but that one has side entry for the batteries so the only issue is it keeps falling over.

great review mate, heres hoping they fix the battery door issue on later batches
looks like a great mod though
Thanks mate, let's hope. It really is in every other way a really good mod. But what a pain that latch is. It deserves to be fixed and relaunched showing it has been. As is I couldn't recommend it.

Nice review Tazz.

The Rev GTS also has a rocking issue, with the bottom almost rounded, but that one has side entry for the batteries so the only issue is it keeps falling over.
Hi mate, thanks. This doesn't seem like it would fall over but seeing it rock and wobble about and knowing it's doing that on the latch is, well, just a fail. I have tried a few ways since posting with a rubber type sticky but I cant get away from my finger feeling it underneath from just the everyday way I hold my mods. It really is a shame as everything else is so well done, but that just can't be ignored mate.

You guys will see the Smoant Naboo tank on it in one of the pics. It drove me so mad it's off and on my Espion Tour mod, I like the Espion, nice light simple well working mod. Happy now. :)2

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom