What's new

Crown 4 kit Checkmate

WaitFor1t88

Veteran
Time to Bend the knee because I have the crown, just need a throne to match
crown 4 1.jpg

Ah Uwell, best known for the crown sub tank a good what? 3 years ago? How time flies huh. Everyone had one, everyone, widely regarded as the best tank around. Now Uwell haven’t really reached that level of success with other releases, hit and miss coils in other tanks, and just plain fugly mods imo.

Can they step up their game with this?

First part of the Crown kit, can you guess? sticking with the same name but now on it’s 4th rendition the “crown 4” subtank. At 24mm diameter & 40mm tall not including the 510 tip,
crown 4 2.jpg

The top is very, very easy to remove, perhaps a little too easy, with what isnt even a quarter turn removal.

crown 4 3.jpg

Bubble glass for 6ml not much of an increase over the 5ml straight & usual spares. Now I was expecting this to come with Uwells mesh coils, even states so on the box, but no, nowhere to be found, instead you get a couple of bog standard round wire coils

Theses push into to the cage section that holds the glass, which just slides over

crown 4 4.jpg

Onto the mod a relatively compact device 84mm tall by 52mm wide and 25mm thick, utilising dual 18650s with a max 200w output, constructed of a zinc alloy with a mix pc abs and aluminium
crown 4 6.jpg

Up top the claimed “leak proof” 510 , which is slightly platformed to what is basically accommodate overhang into the design, will take anything 25mm and under
crown 4 5.jpg

Power is supplied by Uwell’s own board a “conformal coated” board, whatever that means they claim it has anti corrosive properties to protect the board

All the standard functions of the board are there, power, tc & tcr along with all the protections like reverse polarity , overheat etc.

The mono screen provides all your key info.
crown 4 7.jpg

Battery compartment is marked well and accessed by removing the “double anodised, for colour longevity” panels

crown 4 8.jpg

To finish off the base theres a couple of silicone “feet” to stop it slipping on surfaces or falling over

Thoughts on the crown 4 tank, when you first pick up the tank it feels well made, like the old crown tanks, with a nice weight, but to be totally honest I hate the way its put together, the top fill is too easy to open and the way the tank goes together is just poorly thought out, and the worst is the push in coils,try changing one of these with a full tank or out and about, just no

Get past all that and the tank is great to use the included coils provide more than adequate flavour for standard round wire , another plus is the airflow is pretty smooth and low on the noise level to, would’ve liked to compare the mesh coils though

The mod, have to admit the first time I saw it ,I thought it looked cheap, less regal and more poundland pimp, because of those crowns & patterning on either side, it’s definitely grown on me.

But pick it up and it feels great in the hand , the coating on the mod feels sturdy and durable, there is a nice weight there to, the edges are nicely rounded and a major plus the battery door is held on perfectly and securely, no movement here at all.

Using the device is near on as simple as it gets, with the UI being easily navigable and the power delivery being on par with the mods in this part of the market, the power button is easily located, raised as well as the crown etching, done just subtly enough imo, even though some may not like it

Overall I was pretty impressed with this combo, flavour off the supplied coils is great and hoping the mesh bumps that up a bit to, altogether the performance of the tank outweighs my personal negatives of how the tank is put together. You can tell they made it so these look like they were made for each instead of just slapping a tank on there

Can’t fault the mod either, works well and does what is supposed to do, if you like the styling that is, good quality feel and on par performance, only downside maybe if you like a larger than 25mm atty

highly recommended from me
Full kit for $50, bargain, should you wish to pick one up
https://www.sourcemore.com/uwell-crown-4-iv-kit-with-crown-4-tank.html

Cheers to @Sourcemore

Above are my own words blah blah blah

Last edited:
Nice one mate. How odd these days to send it with standard coils! Still, if they work well and taste good I wouldn't complain.
The Mod from side view looks like a deck of cards holder case, not a bad thing just the first thought I had on it.
Good review.

Nice one mate. How odd these days to send it with standard coils! Still, if they work well and taste good I wouldn't complain.
The Mod from side view looks like a deck of cards holder case, not a bad thing just the first thought I had on it.
Good review.

cheers, I know, the cheek , lol, think the kit came out while they were sorting the mesh coils, maybe the newer stock comes with them, just it states them on the box is a bit weird

Back
Top Bottom