What's new

MTL wotofo cog.

eyeball kid

Legend
WP_20200528_16_07_13_Pro.jpg
WP_20200514_13_33_49_Pro.jpg

From the good folks @Sourcemore comes the new adjustable airflow mtl tank by wotofo, The cog.
You get.
The cog rta (2ml/22mm).
Two coils one plain nichrome 1.2ohm coil and one 0.8ohm clapton coil.
A small pack of world's excellent cotton
Spare o rings, deck.screws and a little screwdriver.
One manual and guarantee card.
So basically, everything to get yourself started and the coils are actually very good too.

WP_20200528_16_08_53_Pro.jpg

WP_20200528_16_09_35_Pro.jpg

The cog is a 22mm single coil rta aimed solely at mouth to lung vapers. The tank is made from acrylic and has a threaded top for top filling via two fill holes.
The base is steel with the new innovative cog driven under coil airflow selector. You've a choice of five airflow settings starting at 0.8mm and going up in .2mm increments. This is achieved by turning a "clicky" airflow ring to select your choice.
The base of the cog actually had a clear acrylic window set in to it so you can see the cog in action should your life be that dull.
The chambers is the classic egg timer shape that wotofo seem to prefer and again made from steel.
The deck is very well designed. There's a hole under the coil that matches the largest airflow choice. The screw posts are very well set up with plenty of legnth to enable you to fit the coil legs underneath easily and secure them firmly. This is done via sprung plates which open smoothly as the screw is undone and can't help but capture the coil legs. A design that has been used successfully in larger rta's.
WP_20200612_11_54_50_Pro.jpg

I bought myself one of these.straight out of the gate so have been using it for a while.
The first thing I noticed was that this rta is a real lightweight. I mean really light.
It's very well made with all threads smooth and fitting well but against something like a kayfun it seems very fine.
Building on the cog is a breeze with those coil clamp plates and wicking straight forward with the method of cutting the wick to the edge of the rta base and popping it into the grooves on either side of the deck.
One of the big pluses with this rta is I've not lost a single drop from the base. Really unusual not to have any juice seeping out over time or when taking the top off to refill so too marks here.
The top again is very fine and if your not careful with your filling you can get a little messy here. Once you've got the knack it's fine but bare this in mind.
Also the drip tip fits firmly into the top of the chimney which is a little lower that the top so you can displace your drip tip every time you fill which isn't great. A shorter based tip recifies this.

WP_20200528_16_18_14_Pro.jpg

WP_20200621_22_45_43_Pro.jpg

Now the airflow. I won't lie, the airflow ring is a tad fiddly at first. The best way to change this is to pop your mail into the airflow slot for better grip.
I was surprised not to see a deluge of reviews for this little tank upfront as it was designed by suck my mod who's had several successes with wotofo and the reviewer community tends to big up each other when possible.
My theory was that something wasn't quite right and that turned out to be the element that was the most exciting, the changeable under coil airflow (this is the best way to adjust airflow in a mtl tank).
The problem is that there's some air ingress between the cog airflow selector and the hole in the base under the coil. This means that each airflow size is about .4mm larger than advertised so this isn't a tank for those who enjoy super right airflow.
I won't lie, I was really disappointed in arrivals but it's grown in me. A very smart design and the flavour is really on point. I've found unusually the clapton coil works best as it fills the chamber more and helps to keep the airflow tighter delivering a warm flavour filled vape.
I've had no issue's but I would say that if your the type to draw heavily you'd get the straw effect with the supplied drip tip so may want to fit your own.

Conclusion.
On paper I thought this would be the bargain rta of the year. Everything seemed right bud sadly it wasn't to be.
It's not a bad tank at all but with so many great tanks appearing this one will not be for everyone.
If you prefer a tighter draw them grab the cthulhu mulan I reviewed last month for a bargain price from sourcemore or get your pre order in for the forthcoming beserker v2 which is an incredible $23 this weekend at sourcemore (review shortly)
But if you want to give the cog a turns (see what I did there).
Grab yours here.
$31.99 Wotofo COG MTL RTA
code: COG for discount but if the DAD30 code is still working that will offer the best deal.

Always be sure to log into sourcemore as this offers the best prices (usually the cheapest anywhere) and be aware that any products marked as not able to be posted to the UK are available to regular customers. The restrictions only apply to.wholesale buyer's.

Huge thanks as ever to Ella for all her hard work.

Last edited:
Looks like i could get a restricted lung from it
Whats it like compared to a doggystyle ?

thanks for the review fella im really enjoying my one
Yeah and I'm using mine still which is why I can't rip it apart completely.
it's still a good tank. Just could have been better. Flavour is great, design is actually really nice and the airflow is within a mtl tank range but the settings are more a gradual opening between 1.2I'm and 1.6mm.

Thanks for the review eyeball. Haven't been using mine much but I will have a go with a clapton coil to see if that improves things.

Yeah and I'm using mine still which is why I can't rip it apart completely.
it's still a good tank. Just could have been better. Flavour is great, design is actually really nice and the airflow is within a mtl tank range but the settings are more a gradual opening between 1.2I'm and 1.6mm.

agreed on all aspects :2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom