What's new

Sub Ohm Oumier Wasp Nano 2 RTA

Gitchy

Achiever
Lilia from @Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

20211105_111455.jpg

The Oumier Wasp Nano 2 RTA

https://www.sourcemore.com/oumier-wasp-nano-rta-v2-tank-atomizer.html

I also got a code to bring this down to $15.99 and it’s NANOV2. Makes it about £12 before postage, which is pretty decent.

The Wasp Nano 2 is a 24mm single coil RTA. The straight glass holds 2ml but the bubble glass will hold 3.8ml. There are 3 holes in the airflow ring, which makes for a reasonably airy draw if that’s what you like. It’s got side airflow on the build deck so there’s no leaking.

In the box you get:
1 Oumier Wasp Nano RTA V2
6 Silicone Rings
2 Fused Coil 0.28ohm
2 Screws
1 Screwdriver
1 Cotton
1 Extra Glass
1 User Manual

It’s quite a small RTA, like its predecessor and the Nano RDAs. It is a wee bit bigger than the original Wasp Nano RTA but is still compact compared to other single coilers. Gone is the horrible plastic cap of the original and it’s more contemporary looking with an 810 drip tip and a screw off top cap. There is a lot of screwing in the top cap as well, no half or quarter turn here. The deck has 4 screws in it to hold the coil and you can use coils that are wound in any way. It’s a decent sized deck as well so will fit 3mm coils comfortably and has enough room for the bulkier wire types. The deck is raised with 2 holes for the cotton to fit through. The cotton holes are quite small so thinning is usually needed for 3mm coils., depending on how much cotton you use.

Airflow comes into the deck at the side of the coil so coil placement needs to be good to get the best flavour out of this RTA. I had my coils sitting about halfway above the bottom of the airflow holes in the deck and the flavour was pretty good. I have had better flavour from other single coil RTAs but I have also definitely had worse so I’d place it in the middle with regards to that, maybe a bit above average.

20211126_112936.jpg

The picture above shows that I’ve put in a 2.5mm Alien V2 coil, showing that there is room for a bigger ID coil with more wraps.

In use I started off with the fused clapton coil that came with the tank. It came out at the stated 0.28 ohms which is a nice touch as I always find most coils go over the stated ohm rating. This coil gave a nice bright flavour and with the airflow fully open it gave a good amount of vapour at about 47w. I did have to change and thin the wick a little as I was getting the odd hint of a dry hit without thinning, probably due to the small wick holes in the deck. Once thinned it kept up well with a chain vape and although the airflow was a little bit whooshy it wasn’t annoying so once I shut it off to about halfway I could get the vape I usually prefer myself, a nicely restricted DL draw.

I then mucked around a bit with coils. A 25awg brochrome coil gave a decent vape and the 2.5mm Alien V2s I usually use were also very nice. I even opened the airflow up a bit more than I usually would and actually preferred it that way, the flavour was just a little better and the vapour more satisfying.

Overall I do rate the Wasp Nano 2. The airiness gives a good cloud of vapour and the flavour is pretty good from it. It’s easy to build on and the deck is set up so you don’t have to wrap coils in a certain way to fit them. It’s small, it’s cheap and it can take decent sized coils. Well worth a try in my opinion.

The pic below shows it compared to the original Wasp Nano RTA.

20211126_111725.jpg

Back
Top Bottom