What's new

Sub Ohm Joytech Riftcore Duo

eyeball kid

Legend
This review represents my own thoughts and not necessarily those of potv.
The Joytech Riftcore Duo tank has been supplied by the ever helpful Cortana @Healthcabin for review.
I will be honest, I wasn't sure as to which section this should appear under as it offers elements of both a stock coil sub ohm tank and a rebuildable.

WP_20190807_19_18_35_Pro.jpg

You get your Riftcore Duo tank plus two spare heating elements, spare glass, tweezers, o'rings, a bag of pre cut cotton plus a muji sheet for you to cut and an instructional manual plus guarantee card.

What's this malarkey all about eyeball.
Well. With the pound being low currently I wanted to look what bargains @Healthcabin have currently and this little odd ball stood out at about £12.
We have essentially a top fill sub ohm tank (using the now familiar slide top) with a pair of pre fitted rfc heating plates which are good for a million puffs before you may want to use the spares. The first piece of cotton is pre fitted between those plates so the tank is ready to rock straight from the box.
It's a 3.5 ml capacity.
The plates are dead flat.. well er... plates which essentially do the same job as a pair of coils (there's also a great deal of independent test data on the Joytech website to show the safety of the materials used).
The two plates clock in at 0.25ohms and the recommended wattage is 40 - 50w. The muji strip simply sits between these pads for wicking.
Airflow is supplied by three large cyclops holes that can be fully adjusted like a sub tank and the draw is very similar.
The honeycomb drip tip is a 510 style and very comfortable. This colour is actually not bad either. It's more a tarnished brass than gold (various colours available at time of review).
WP_20190807_19_20_05_Pro.jpg

It's an odd one. The flavour is good and the clouds plenty big enough at 40w but it's a very cool and quiet vape. You need to push up into the 60w plus area to get the warmth you'd expect from a 0.25 ohm coil at 40w.
I really like this. I've been using this for a few days with a few dripworx flavours and it really packs a quiet punch. The airflow is silky and there's zero coil pop or whoosh. If you like a hot vape it not be for you but the flavour doesn't disappoint.
It's wicked like a champ even when driven hard and it is almost stock coil easy to build. The plates should last you as long as the tank to be honest. Between wiicking you just dry burn for a few seconds at 30w and the plates come up like New.
Genuinely a real innovative tank that's slipped through the cracks and a bargain at healthcabin. I could see this as a real easy daily driver tank to live with for the sub ohm tank fans and it will save you a fortune in coils, you'll probably go through a couple of pounds worth of cotton a year even in constant use.
Grab a billy bargain and be surprised here.
https://www.healthcabin.net/clearance/joyetech-rfc-riftcore-duo-rda-p/18179.html

Big thank you to Cortana as ever.

Last edited:
I got one of these when they were on offer for about £18. I agree that you really have to push it at 60watts plus to get flavor out of it and even then it’s a little muted plus the tank gets roasting hot at those power levels. A nice idea and I appreciate the innovation but not the best tank in the world, might be worth a punt for some of you at the current price though.

Back
Top Bottom