What's new

Sub Ohm Digiflavor Torch RTA

Gitchy

Achiever
Lilia from (sourcemore) sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

20210830_141839.jpg

The Digiflavor Torch RTA

https://www.sourcemore.com/digiflavor-torch-rta.html

The code for this one to bring it down by 35% to $18.68 is TORCH

The Torch is a dual coil RTA that takes 5.5ml of juice (2ml TPD I assume) and is 26mm in diameter. It’s got Y shaped posts on the build deck and is a top airflow RTA. The Torch also has lights, yes we’re back in 2018. The gimmick for this tank is that it has pulsing LED lights in the base. It has a removable 810 driptip and is top airflow.

In the box you get:
1 Digiflavor Torch RTA(5.5ml)
1 Spare Parts Pack
1 Triangular Tool
1 Spare Glass Tube(5.5ml)
2 Coil
1 810 Drip Tip
2 Feather Cotton

Style wise it’s quite a nice looking RTA. Its got a subtle Digiflavor embossed on the bottom and their logo on the chimney. The top airflow control is there and moves well. There’s a nice knurling on the top cap and that comes off with a quarter turn to reveal the generous filling holes that make it nice and easy to fill the thing up. Take the deck off and there’s the postless deck with the Y shaped electrodes to fit the coils onto. The positive screws are gold plated and the negative stainless steel so you can see which is which for single coil building. I’ve seen other reviewers compare the deck to the Dead Rabbit RTAs. At the very bottom of the deck there’s a closed off area where the LED lights sit. You can’t get into this to turn off the lights so you’re stuck with them forever. The inner chimney is removeable and again I’ve seen people compare this to another RTA; this time the Zeus X. It has honeycomb airflow and fits into the main chimney. You need to line this inner chimney up with tabs on the deck to fit it properly when screwing back on. The drip tip is an 810 and is removeable so you can fit your own on if you wish. Digiflavor are pushing this as a food grade material designed RTA so it’s supposedly germ proof.

20210830_142021.jpg

In use it’s easy to build on with the Y shaped electrodes. You can just pop your coils in, tighten up and trim at the bottom. Wick it up, paint the coils and wick with juice, fill it and away you go. I would recommend thinning the cotton a little if you use 3mm and above diameter coils. I was mainly using 2.5mm Ni80 Alien coils myself as I tend not to use the included coils much. This is more so I can compare things with the build I’d use more often than anything else. I managed to get the thing wicked with no thinning on the 2.5mm coils. I did pop one build in with some 3mm fused claptons later on and the wicks did need thinned a little but not overly so. It’s just because there’s a little bit of a drop to the bottom of the deck so you don’t want too much cotton in there choking off the juice flow.

Once set up the draw on the thing is actually really nice. There’s a little bit of restriction fully open, which suits me and it’s quite a smooth draw with minimal noise. Of course there’s a little whoosh as it’s a top airflow tank but nothing annoying. The draw is really quite nice and the flavour is good. It’s not the best flavour I’ve ever had from a dual coil tank but it is close and definitely worth trying out. I’ve been mainly using it at 70w so it’s not too warm and I do really like the flavour and draw, it also gives pretty good vapour production. I really have enjoyed the Torch on this aspect.

I also tried a couple of single coil sets up to see how that was and a 3mm coil was useless imo as there was just too much room. A 3.5 or 4mm coil suits it a lot better in single coil mode and you can get a nice draw again from that so the tank is versatile in that regard.

20210830_143201.jpg

Now to the elephant in the room, the lights. I saw a lot of this in 2017/18 and I’ve always turned any LED lights off on mods I’ve had. I’m not much of a fan to be honest and with this RTA there’s no way to turn the lights off. They pulse as you hold the fire button and give a kind of breathing effect, changing colours as you go. However, the quality of the draw on the Torch has kind of won me over and negated my dislike of the pomp. Granted, it’s not an RTA I would ever take outside of my house but then I never get out these days anyway, given that I have 3 kids and work from home bar 1 day a week. I can live with the distracting glow when I’m sitting at night watching the telly. I just wish it wasn’t there. I can see why they added it as there’s nothing particularly groundbreaking about the atty, its just well made and works well.

In all the Torch RTA is a good dual coiler with a gimmick. If you like the flashy lights then I would highly recommend one. If you don’t then it’s still worth a pop if you can put up with it and don’t go out much like me as the draw and flavour are good. It has a good capacity if you get it from Sourcemore or the likes and does go well with black mods. Despite my distaste for the lights I've found I don't care about them here, I just like the draw on the tank so I'll forgive Digiflavor for this one and hope that they release another like it that's more me.

20210830_142742.jpg

Nice review @Gitchy. You wouldn't be one for a Rincoe Jellybox then? For curiosities sake I'd love to see that pairing, I don't mind a bit of sparkle!

You wouldn't know it illuminates from looking at it, would you? It looks a little bland to me, I'm glad it performs well.

Nice review @Gitchy. You wouldn't be one for a Rincoe Jellybox then? For curiosities sake I'd love to see that pairing, I don't mind a bit of sparkle!

You wouldn't know it illuminates from looking at it, would you? It looks a little bland to me, I'm glad it performs well.

I quite like bland lol. Don't have a jellybox but I've got an old Vaptio Super Bat that lights up like batman's eyes and the tank would go really well with that for the bling factor. Just not my bag to be honest.

Do like the tank though. It works well and I was comparing it to the Troll X with an exact same build in it the other night and found the Troll X had slightly better flavour but not by too much.

I quite like bland lol. Don't have a jellybox but I've got an old Vaptio Super Bat that lights up like batman's eyes and the tank would go really well with that for the bling factor. Just not my bag to be honest.

Do like the tank though. It works well and I was comparing it to the Troll X with an exact same build in it the other night and found the Troll X had slightly better flavour but not by too much.

I'm not surprised it's deceptive, Digiflavor make some good stuff. Quite high praise to put it close to the Troll-X too, I enjoyed testing that one.

Back
Top Bottom