What's new

Review The Squape by StattQualm

Mawsley

Putting the soup into super hero
squape1.jpg

This is a review of blah blah blah by blah bought with blah money blah blah. Blah blah POTV blah blah not responsible blah blah knew nothing blah blah Teflon blah blah blah blah with a hockey stick. Etc. Don't bother watching Pompeii, it's woeful. Also, don't try putting on your wife's jeans by mistake when you're fat.

squape2.jpg

If there's one thing I think is stupid it's when people post reviews of something they've only just received before having lived with it for a while. You don't get to see its flaws or experience the problems and so the whole opinion is rendered mute.

Having said that, this is a review of the Squape that I opened roughly four hours ago.

I bought it second-hand from whipitup and felt compelled to put words to screen. One reason is that I wanted to share my initial thoughts but mainly because I am procrastinating with work as I feel dog-tired today.

squape3.jpg
squape4.jpg

By now I'm probably one of the last people in the world to have tried a Squape - original or otherwise. Last night, after assisting the police with things the police wanted assisting with, I was left tired, hungry, full of commas and needing a vape.

My drippers weren't doing it for me, they all needed recoiling. The Taifun was doing OK but full of the wrong juice. The KFL+ hit the spot with the Monkey Jizz I needed. In fact it hit the spot in such a way I was wondering why I don't coil all my attys to 1.5Ω.

So, I reckoned I needed to find a way to sneak a second KFL into the house as I begin a clearout of my gennys. I don't reckon I'm selling them off but I think we've not been getting along as couples should. We need some time apart and I need to play the field a bit with other things to see how I feel in a few weeks. This isn't really a good plan, the last time I did this my girlfriend at the time went on a shagfest as though sex was going to be banned - I meanwhile sat in my miserable bedsit being miserable, feeling sorry for myself, listening to miserable music and not getting a sniff.

I'd forgotten all about buying Roger's Squape.

If you've missed the hype it's meant to be like a Kayfun but better. Anything that claims to be like something but better turns on my cynical switch immediately.

Martyn Waghorn was sold to Leicester City with the idea that he was like Wayne Rooney but better and they promptly signed him. If the idea was that he was better at hitting floodlights with his shots or looking more vacant than Rooney then the sales pitch was bang on. He was shit.

My wife told me that her apple cake was like her lemon drizzle cake but better - it isn't. It too is very shit. Her lemon drizzle cake does set a very high bar though.

Four wraps of .3mm around 2mm Voodoowool later and I fed the ends of the wick down the channels, filled up with Powwow and vaped. This is brilliant, I thought, until the wick went and stayed dry. This is shit, I thought.

Four wraps of .3mm around 2mm of silica later and I fed the ends of the wick down the channels, preloaded with Powwow and vaped. This is brilliant, I thought, until the wick went and stayed dry. This is shit, I thought.

Bollocks, I needed to do that thing no real man will let himself do until he hits a crisis - I sought help. A quick look at a 'How to' video using a microcoil and cotton told me not to wick the channels down the side.

As ever, I have never denied the levels to which my stupidity will descend. Like this one time I concussed myself opening a door by slamming it into my face.

Five tight coils of .32, 1.4Ω and a loose cotton wick across the top only and this thing is a dream.

No, more than that, this thing is awesome.

No, this thing is fucking awesome. This is better than any KFL vape I've ever had. For real. I'm looking at my gennys sitting there not getting any and thinking "Ha! The tables have turned and my day has come". Only not sex, but at my age and after the number of years married with kids I barely remember what sex is.

I'm not getting a second KFL - I want a second Squape in my life.

I NEED a second Squape.

Being a bottom-feeder I was concerned about the draw but no matter what device I've put it on it has performed excellently. The draw complementing the coil build to deliver stacks of flavour and vape in a manner the old KFL used to before they introduced the crap airflow control...but so far, lying it down and leaving it standing, not a dribble. Not one single smear of juice has left this thing.

I rate it as better than the new Kayfun Lite+ and far better than the Taifuns. It's also the first atty I've had that seems to suit the M16 in 500 mode in both size and appearance, they compliment each other.

It's a smidge too wide for the Nems so there's a little overhang but as a podgy bloke I can deal with things overhanging, I'm used to it. I do thing that the Nems are too dinky in 500 mode to carry it off, it dominates them rather than being part of a whole.

I don't do star ratings but whipitup is one for selling it to me and getting it here so quickly.

On a scale of one to potato I rate the Squape as cheesy chips with Tobasco and mayonnaise.

squape5.jpg

Good stuff :) I've got a clone on the way from a focalecig group buy, who knows when it will get here, but I'm looking forward to it now :)

Dave, best funniest review I've read in a long time!

Also glad your pleased with it (for the first time I was concerned about that......don't ask me as I don't know why)!!

phantomdiablo has one of these he was selling a couple of weeks ago, if you love it that much and do want another, it may be worth messaging him to see if he still has it.

@phantomdiablo has one of these he was selling a couple of weeks ago, if you love it that much and do want another, it may be worth messaging him to see if he still has it.

Thanks - but I'll hang on for a tick :D

Funny, informative, and to the point.
Based entirely on this review I have just ordered another Kraken (clone)
from vapegeek........ ;)

I got one of these a week or so ago and it blew me away. Agree entirely with the OP. And I want another, but everywhere i've tried is sold out and the new version isn't out until July/August. Does anyone know how the clone performs in comparison?

Squape clones.

I have 2 squape clones, one from fastech and one from focalecig.
Both are performing great, no leaks as long as you don`t vape empty the tank before refilling.
Compared with original, can`t comment as I don`t have one.
Compared to KFL and Taifun GT, vape and flavour on a par.
Easiest atty for set up I possess.
Grab one if you can.
You won`t be disappointed.

Happy SAFE Vaping ,every one.
icon7.png

Back
Top Bottom