What's new

Review The Crown by Flip Minds

Mawsley

Putting the soup into super hero
My opinion, paid for with my money, POTV not responsible, The Following is a good series worth downloading.

views

For someone who has reservations about subsidising Royalty, I am concerned that I now need to build an extension to the house in order to surround it by ravens and guards. I demand subsidies from the Government to the tune of millions per year, I'll promote just as much tourism.

Being in possession of a Crown was not something I ever envisaged, no matter how many emails from Nigerian princes I have received. This said, as much as I love my Colossus mod I've struggled to find something that I feel actually suits sitting on top of it.

And I think I'm there.

views

The Colossus uses the enigma that is Tiger brass; whatever the addition is to the brass the mod maintains its lustrous, golden hue on the cap and switch, no polishing has been done on this mod in the full four weeks I've had it. Still shinier than Kojak's head.

So I've been looking for something that will seat on the raised atty top and complement the overall look.

Enter the Flip Minds Crown.

views

The 24ct gold plating on the crown is a dull version of the plating you can find on something like the gold-plated Trident dripping atomiser. Looking at the state of used Crowns I believe this is a result of the micron thin coating, the stainless steel underneath mellowing the resulting hue.

It is a coating that will not suffer polishing or even to withstand constant contact with hands. In fact I've yet to see a review where the coating hasn't begun to wear in a short time-frame.

This said, the price of the gold version doesn't retail in the UK at the premium commanded by the aforementioned Trident, costing me £59.99 it is placed squarely at the bottom of the price bracket for high-end dripping devices.

views

Where it comes into its own is the novel method of design. Rather than having to drip through the drip tip the cap will unscrew enabling direct dripping onto the coil and wick.

The golden crown spins freely with the option of four sizes of dual hole arrangements, meaning it is only suitable for those who like to dual coil.

Despite not being deigned for Kanthal ribbon I've found no problems in setting up dual-ribbon coils using the 4-3-2 method of Monster Wick & Wire. Four wraps of the ribbon around a strand of 3mm and 2mm silica wick.

views

Having been using it for a week now it compares very favourably with other drippers with regards flavour production and given reign to produce clouds by opening the holes it rewards with fog banks between me the the screen.

All told, bearing in mind that a plain stainless version is also available, it makes a great, affordable RDA for Pinoy mech mods with funky designs...albeit one (when combined with a gold-plated Vicious Ant drip-tip) gives it the look of a something which wouldn't look out of place hanging around the neck of Public Enemy's Flavor Flav.

Cost me: £59.99

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom