What's new

Review Pugsley's 'little worse for wear' review of the Wotofo Serpent SMM RTA

Steampugs

Vendor
Before I start I should warn you....I am suffering from the mother of all hangovers (still drunk) after celebrating the end of the busiest festival season we have ever done (19 festivals!.... ridiculous! I didn't even know there WAS 19 festivals!) I am a light tech by day and if anyone is thinking of visiting Manchester for a booze filled night out...forget it....there's no alcohol left.....we drank it dry..I believe half my team of miscreants are still wandering the streets causing all kinds of .....not much trouble...

tyRM0hB.gif

Or attempting to discover wherever they left their cars....

NnF2Td6.gif

"Found it!"

So...I am telling you this because well...this review may suffer as a consequence....or.... it might actually make some sense this time...who the fuck knows....so......what was it I was meant to be reviewing again.....?.....erm.......?....something about sucking a snake....? (?????)

WjMTRdm.gif

.......................................................................................................................

Hello my lovely probably way more sober than me fluffy flavour monkeys....Today we are looking at yet another collaboration with a well respected vape company and a well known video reviewer, And on this occasion it's old timers Wotofo a company that have been supplying us with a wealth of devices for around 8 or 9 years now and the reviewer is Matt C from the 'Tube' channel Suck My Mod. Courtesy of my ever giving friends at Heavengifts I give to you the Wotofo Serpent SMM RTA...

2Nxrbyz.jpg

ajXvQBu.jpg

When I first saw this one on the market I thought to myself.."why is it called the 5mm??...it's obviously bigger than 5mm....maybe it takes a 5mm coil??...".... My eyesight in my later years has dropped off somewhat...Obviously I now know its the SMM but....well actually...no buts...I was just clearly being a dick...I appear to be a modern day Mr Magoo these days....

J8GR5dQ.gif

The Low Down

The SMM RTA is a 24mm single coil affair with a 4ml capacity designed by Matt C from Suck My Mod...(you said that)...a guy who...I'll be honest...I know next to nothing about...seems.... like a nice chap...??... and he has designed this RTA with one thing clearly on it's mind....flavour....and so it should....seeing as it brandishes the name 'Serpent'...

The Serpent Mini RTA was my go to tank for quite some time...not so much now but in it's hay day I believe it was one of the best flavour machines out there, Of course though...things evolve, even though the Serpent mini can still very much hold it's head up high in the flavour stakes we have seen some phenomenal devices come out this last 6 months so .....is this new 'Serpent' rendition worthy of worship?...or is it indeed just a big soggy worm.....let's take a look at what's new so I can go back to bed and die a slow and painful although utterly deserved and massively self inflicted....death.

The Innards

R3BBm5p.jpg

The SMM has an all new build deck with a very unique air flow and post design...it's a kind of...upside down RDTA if you like....The wicks go down through to the bottom but the liquid surrounds the build deck rather than just underneath. And the air is sucked through the bottom AFC and out through those dual slits you can see in between the post screws via a channel that runs through the post itself.....very clever stuff indeed....certainly a lot more clever than I feel right now..

419COA5.jpg

Mesmerising machining has to be said...

8t2XidK.gif

Now...one nice surprise you get within the package are some exceptionally well made 4 core fused clapton coils, Wotofo quite often give you a complete package with cotton, coils and a wealth of extras in those little black and red plastic packets they love so much but...even so....I think Matt C had a little say in what coils were to be provided with his little baby...

2N8bhXE.jpg

Beautiful....and perfect for the layout of this deck. The posts...although they look like clamps...are actually side notches which are incredibly easy to use....just line your coil up in one notch...tighten it up and slide the other leg down...

rgylLR1.jpg

Until it springs into place...

14PVxNp.gif

The Philips screws are nice and chunky and very well threaded giving a very secure, very solid grip on your coil...If you absolutely have to look at the manual on how to wick this thing then chances are you have probably had a weekend like mine.....it's all very self explanatory once you get the coil in.

HK5zAG4.jpg

Just trim your tails and poke them through the large juice holes...not too much cotton though..or you will choke it....I actually managed to get this spot on the first time and the 3 other times I have re wicked it since....so....it must be easy...all that is left then is to paint on the magic...

CBBNIdF.jpg

Wyd5OhM.gif

You do have to make sure that there is no excess coil leg sticking through the other side though, If you don't there is a chance it could short on the chamber so cut them as close as you can.

The Tank

The tank hold a respectable 4ml of liquid and is refilled via two massive recessed top fill holes...

S7qve3t.jpg

These will take any kind of bottle you have without the risk of spillage....the last thing you want is your serpent making a mess all over your hands...

oEjKMn0.gif

On the top you have a 510 Ultem drip tip which might almost seem a little dated these days what with the popularity explosion of the 810 but you have to remember that this tank is geared for flavour above all else so narrow is good...and that becomes oh so apparent....when you try it for the first time....

MBWklbc.gif

The Vape

If you're a cloud chaser then....this is not for you...chances are the first thing you would do anyway is blow everything wide open and suck like your life depended on it but....The serpent will not be beaten into submission with heavy handed tactics...

geK7GKz.gif

Plus you could very well go deaf with the turbulent noise you would be rewarded with as a result

Instead the SMM RTA is designed to be treated with respect, Suck gently, pull it in slowly, savour the flavour, Think of it as the difference between necking a pint of lager.....and sipping a single malt whiskey........urgh.....why did I have to say that....

PAXX1KO.gif

The point I am trying to make is...that the flavour is very very good...if you vape it right, It's not massively airy because it doesn't need to be, The SMM has no interest in creating a weather system in your living room, What it want's to do, is give you a full on silky smooth vape flavour chubby....and this....it does exceptionally well.

The Package

As per usual with Wotofo you get more for your money than with other manufacturers, Not only do you get all the usual spare screws, screwdriver and O rings but you also get 3 beautiful coils, cotton and 2 spare glass tanks!.....2!....that's 3 altogether!...never seen that before so massive kudos to Wotofo and Suck My Mod for that..

ZKtQaFu.jpg

For once what's coming next can't make me feel any worse than I already do.....

The Specs

Product Details Brand: Wotofo
Model: SERPENT SMM
Type: Rebuildable Atomizer,Rebuildable Tanks,Tank Atomizer
Rebuildable Atomizer: RBA,RTA
Material: Glass,Stainless Steel, Ultem
Tank Capacity: 4.0ml
Thread: 510
Dimension and Weight Product weight: 0.0440 kg
Package weight: 0.1410 kg
Product size (L x W x H): 4.50 x 2.40 x 2.40 cm / 1.77 x 0.94 x 0.94 inches
Package size (L x W x H): 9.40 x 6.10 x 4.00 cm / 3.7 x 2.4 x 1.57 inches
Package Contents Package Contents: 1 x Atomizer, 2 x Glass Tank, 1 x Accessory Bag, 1 x Cotton, 3 x Coils, 1 x Screwdriver, 1 x English User Manual

Or maybe it can......

zWTs2r6.gif

Final Thoughts

I think it's time I wrapped this clusterfuck of a review up so I can crawl back into my pit before my laptop wears last nights kebab......The Serpent SMM is a fine tank, It's made to Wotofo's high standards and falls on Matt C's experience in what makes a good flavour chasing RTA, The deck is superb and incredibly easy to build on....you could probably get a dual build on there if you really put your mind to it but I wouldn't bother, Just stick to a single beefy coil like the ones you get with it to get the most out of it....and like I said earlier...the vape is excellent...IF you vape it right, The flavour is exceptional but if you want blow massive clouds....look for something with a little less air restriction.

Looks wise...it's not the most handsome tank out there and certainly won't turn any heads...in fact I'd go as far as to say that it is probably one of the most boring looking tanks to hit the shelves for quite a while but....this tank is most certainly not about appearance....it's all about function...and if flavour is your thang then...this tank will not disappoint.

EeAG0XK.jpg

Incidentally it is also available in SS, Gold & Rainbow if you want to matchy matchy.

The Price

£29.81/$39.99.......meh.....it's OK...not horrendously overpriced and you are getting a quality product endorsed and designed by a well respected reviewer who knows a thing or two about flavour RTA's, I can give you a little more discount if you use my code APUGS15 at checkout though bringing it down to £25.33/$33.98 which for me... is a much more accurate price point....find that deal here...

Wotofo Serpent SMM RTA - Discounted Price

As always if you would like to see how the SMM scored against other bits and bobs then please feel free to hop on over to my house at Steampugs …but if you do…please…keep the noise down…

Now....to bed with my stinky self....normal service shall resume within several weeks...or at least until my liver forgives me....

Until next time...

gnFZUww.gif

Pugs.

Got one on the way from Gearbest, looking forward to it. It's going to replace a Wotofo troll, have you tried one and if so how does it compare?

Great review btw, hope you've recovered [emoji3]

Cheers,
Dave

I enjoyed this review! nice job considering the amount of alcohol involved [emoji28]
from your pictures the drip tip seems to be a bit taller than the one which came with my smm. If you can find the time would you measure its height,please?

you know what I didn't actually get to try one no, It slipped me by the Troll, heard good things though ;)

And thanks! much appreciated ;)

I enjoyed this review! nice job considering the amount of alcohol involved [emoji28]
from your pictures the drip tip seems to be a bit taller than the one which came with my smm. If you can find the time would you measure its height,please?
Thanks very much :)

I havent actually got anything near me that I can measure it with but if I remember I'll do it tomorrow for you and let you know ;)

@Pugs1970

Hi! Just wanted to say - your review prompted me to buy the Serpent SMM ( in a glamourous deep blue that perfectly matches my Minikin 2, bonus!)

Wowsa, what a great little tank! Dead easy to coil and wick and a real floatyboat flavour kick....so....

:thankyou: :D

@Pugs1970

Hi! Just wanted to say - your review prompted me to buy the Serpent SMM ( in a glamourous deep blue that perfectly matches my Minikin 2, bonus!)

Wowsa, what a great little tank! Dead easy to coil and wick and a real floatyboat flavour kick....so....

@Pugs1970

Why thank you very much glad you like it!

Back
Top Bottom