What's new

Review Orieco Storm-A from Greyhaze

gary101

Postman
I ordered the Orieco Storm-A from greyhaze.co.uk on bank holiday Monday evening and had a response that it was dispatched by 10pm. Do these guys really work this late on a bank holiday? I guess so, because it arrived less than 48hrs later with standard delivery.
I was surprised how tiny this looks compared to my other 22mm atties and was pleased with it`s understated engraving, just enough to remind you what it is without being in your face.
Ok, so on to the first build. I have seen pictures of this dripper with dual vertical coils and dual horizontal coils, there seems to be a myriad of layouts you can use with this deck. I decided to go for the vertical as I had not built like this before and settled for a dual micro coil with .28 kanthal, 1.4mm inside diameter, at around two ohms each. this balanced out when checked in my ohm meter at 1 ohm spot on, quietly chuffed for my first build on this.
I read a review by one of our American cousins which complained of not enough room to work in the deck. All I can say is he must have the fingers of a gorilla as I found it extremely easy to build on with plenty of room.
So with cotton wicks pre-juiced I dripped 10 drops of French Pipe, one of my faves, and hit the power on the gp paps. WOW! Sounded like rice-crispies had been introduced to milk for the first time, more vapour that my best kayfun build on a good day and flavour that I had only guessed that existed!
This has adjustable air flow control for both coils, it took a bit of experimentation to find where it was right for me but wether you like a really tight draw or a really airy one the AFC will give you what you need.
So we all know that drippers are great until you have to keep topping them up, right? I didn`t know how many drops this dripper will take and so far I have filled with 50 drops with no sign that it is close to flooding and I have yet to find it`s limit.
Overall, for around17 quid this is a bargain and the service from greyhaze was excellent as usual.

I got one from greyhaze on Monday too! I haven't used it much yet as the 510 connector isn't long enough to make contact with the pin in my MVP, so I haven't been able to tell what ohms my coils are at :( Also I dripped some rather yucky juice in there and haven't been bothered to clean it out!

Back
Top Bottom