What's new

Review GP Dripper Pro - Is this the best squonking atty ever?

Tubbyengineer

Legend
First things first - This device was purchased with my own money and I am in no way Obligated to the manufacturer or any other Vendor / Manufacturer.
This review is a personal opinion and as such is meant for information only.

Over the years I've been vaping I've had a few drippers, and a few Squonk boxes to stick them on, My previous favourite was the Origen V2 By Norbert and whilst giving excellent flavour it wasnt the best to build on.

Now anyone who knows me will know that I'm a fan of the Heron By Vapourart - so the news that they were to make not one dripper but two was very gratefully received by me, and I've looked forward to them for a while so after a Christmas spending spree I've picked up both of them, I'm going to talk about the Pro today as that's the one I have setup for Squonking.

Spec:
A 22mm RDA in 316L Stainless Steel with a Velocity style deck and top airflow, Available with a choice of Amber or Black Ultem Caps or an engraved SS316L top cap. I chose the SS316 cap which adds a little to the price.
_MG_2815.JPG

The deck is easy to build on - being a two post four hole velocity style, and the deep juice well and flush squonking centre pin mean that there is plenty of space for juice, the design of the deck sit's the positive terminal in a recess in the deck so it will never twist out of place and the bottom of the deck also features two small recesses that you can tuck the wick into. They're a simple touch, but taken along with the top airflow mean that this is probably the most dribble free, faff free Squonk atty I've ever used, flavour is excellent, and the topcap fits almost flush with the top of the posts and has positive locking points that ensure the airflow always lines up with your coils.
On the subject of airflow, whilst this isn't the airiest atty you'll ever come across it is suited to DTL and MTL, it comes with four air holes and a swappable airflow control ring that allows single or dual coil use.
The most impressive thing for me though is how easy it is to use. The Sapor, Velocity, Hastur, Origen, Delirium and a couple of other atties whose names now escape me all have the traditional side airflow, some are better than others but all have suffered from dribbling - either if the mod ends on it's side whilst driving or from over zealous squonking. I've been hammering away at the GP Dripper pro all day and not a single drop has escaped, even when the mod tipped over and ended up slightly nose down on the seat of the car after I'd squonked, taken a couple of vapes and put it down as I was driving. I can only surmise this is due to the design of the deck and airflow, when you squonk the flush centre pin hoovers up any stray juice and the little recesses in the bottom ensure that everything ends up in your wick, and the top air holes mean you'll quite litterally have to turn the atty upside down to make it dribble.

gp_dripper_pro005_web.jpg gp_dripper_pro012_web.jpg gp_dripper_pro013_web.jpg gp_dripper_pro016_web.jpg

All in all this has made squonking fun and convenient again - and paired with the Sunbox E7.5 it's just a marvellous combo that I'm going to give a rating of Bloody marvellous...:yahoo:

Last edited:
Cheers guys, @Tubbyengineer great review. I put some spaced ni80 .4 in to begin with was around .4ohm. Just re done with some alien ni80 around .2 ohm, much better vape really saturated and warm. Really happy with it just waiting for my squonker to arrive now.

What's the flavour like guys? Currently got a hadaly clone and although the flavour is great the main issue is that when I over squonk the juice leaks everywhere, meaning I have to resort to the cleito for driving. Will be handy to get a rda which doesn't leak for the wraith. Also where is the best place to purchase?

Hi cn I also run a hadley. As for flavour I'd say the hadley hits sweet notes better, but the gp has a much deeper flavour & more dense Vape. I've only had it since this morning but I think it's great & would recommend

What's the flavour like guys? Currently got a hadaly clone and although the flavour is great the main issue is that when I over squonk the juice leaks everywhere, meaning I have to resort to the cleito for driving. Will be handy to get a rda which doesn't leak for the wraith. Also where is the best place to purchase?

I'm using mine with spaced Titanium coils at the moment and vaping Bumblebee's Lemon Refresher, Flavour is great, Sweet comes through pretty well if you keep the heat down a little. Best place to get it from is straight from Vapouart themselves, service is excellent...
http://www.vapourart.com/en/product/gp-dripper-pro-0

First things first - This device was purchased with my own money and I am in no way Obligated to the manufacturer or any other Vendor / Manufacturer.
This review is a personal opinion and as such is meant for information only.

Over the years I've been vaping I've had a few drippers, and a few Squonk boxes to stick them on, My previous favourite was the Origen V2 By Norbert and whilst giving excellent flavour it wasnt the best to build on.

Now anyone who knows me will know that I'm a fan of the Heron By Vapourart - so the news that they were to make not one dripper but two was very gratefully received by me, and I've looked forward to them for a while so after a Christmas spending spree I've picked up both of them, I'm going to talk about the Pro today as that's the one I have setup for Squonking.

Spec:
A 22mm RDA in 316L Stainless Steel with a Velocity style deck and top airflow, Available with a choice of Amber or Black Ultem Caps or an engraved SS316L top cap. I chose the SS316 cap which adds a little to the price.
View attachment 114818
The deck is easy to build on - being a two post four hole velocity style, and the deep juice well and flush squonking centre pin mean that there is plenty of space for juice, the design of the deck sit's the positive terminal in a recess in the deck so it will never twist out of place and the bottom of the deck also features two small recesses that you can tuck the wick into. They're a simple touch, but taken along with the top airflow mean that this is probably the most dribble free, faff free Squonk atty I've ever used, flavour is excellent, and the topcap fits almost flush with the top of the posts and has positive locking points that ensure the airflow always lines up with your coils.
On the subject of airflow, whilst this isn't the airiest atty you'll ever come across it is suited to DTL and MTL, it comes with four air holes and a swappable airflow control ring that allows single or dual coil use.
The most impressive thing for me though is how easy it is to use. The Sapor, Velocity, Hastur, Origen, Delirium and a couple of other atties whose names now escape me all have the traditional side airflow, some are better than others but all have suffered from dribbling - either if the mod ends on it's side whilst driving or from over zealous squonking. I've been hammering away at the GP Dripper pro all day and not a single drop has escaped, even when the mod tipped over and ended up slightly nose down on the seat of the car after I'd squonked, taken a couple of vapes and put it down as I was driving. I can only surmise this is due to the design of the deck and airflow, when you squonk the flush centre pin hoovers up any stray juice and the little recesses in the bottom ensure that everything ends up in your wick, and the top air holes mean you'll quite litterally have to turn the atty upside down to make it dribble.

View attachment 114822 View attachment 114823 View attachment 114824 View attachment 114825

All in all this has made squonking fun and convenient again - and paired with the Sunbox E7.5 it's just a marvellous combo that I'm going to give a rating of Bloody marvellous...:yahoo:
Nice review bud. Now get a move on and put your thoughts down on the standard gp dripper as my finger is hovering over the buy button for mtl use.

A good review Ive just ordered one of these from VapourArt I might pick your brains when I get it for some advice on the coil build if thats ok @Tubbyengineer

Back
Top Bottom