What's new

Review G.P Spheroid V4 by Vapourart

Mark

Legend
Sub ohmning lung hitters may wish to avoid this one.

I was a fan of the Spheroid ever since I tried one at a meet some three years or more ago. I now have two, one an ageing third hand V1 or 2 and one newish V3. Why did I like them? FLAVOUR. At the time of their coming I still think they were the best atomiser of its type for flavour.

A couple of limitations. Well maybe more than a couple. Tiny deck. Original screws on the V1 weren't good. Filler material which made it feel like an expensive cartomiser. It's form factor suited slim mods which generally take a small mAh 14500 battery (or in my case a Gus mode taking 14650s). Fixed airflow, though airy lung hits weren't really the thing back then.

I bought a Mini iStick with the 18500 extender which was better though only the V1 would fit the bugger

Now I am a big fan of the Heron, made by the same manufacturer especially in 'non filler' mode. Awesome flavour and the kind of mellow vape I prefer. I have often hoped that Vapourart would make a Spheroid version which emulated the Heron.

Well they have in the V4. And I want one. The deck looks ok. It has a 'cyclops' air control just like the Heron. It can be used without filler, just like the Heron and holds more juice as a consequence.

Never come across this reviewer before but the tutorial is a good intro to how it works. He talks about sthe 'massive' airflow and lung hitters will like it. Hmm not with a 14500 please folks! But an adjustable airflow I'm happy with and I usually coil 1.2-1.4 on these

[video]https://youtu.be/tBlK6iym1rU[/video]

Certainly sounds like some improvements have been made... the tiny airflow through the base is the biggest issue with the old ones...

If they made a 14650 mod I'd never have got rid of the V3. Wonderful flavour.

Certainly sounds like some improvements have been made... the tiny airflow through the base is the biggest issue with the old ones...

It was always a tight draw, which suited me back then. I'm used to a little more now and I'm hoping it will be similar to the Heron

If they made a 14650 mod I'd never have got rid of the V3. Wonderful flavour.

The Gus isn't bad but yes a 14650 Piccollo would be sweet

IMG_5930.jpg

You can also use a mesh build....

[video]https://youtu.be/AoPXHymooc4[/video]

I gave up on my v3 and this looks a lot better, especially the Piccoloid, what a great form factor! Lovely vape for the top shirt pocket.

Is a single 3mm air hole enough? Maybe if you like toking for 8-9 seconds at a time ... I've other devices with 2 x 3mm airholes that I would consider to be a restricted lung hit. Despite Qorax's enthusiasm Mark 's got it right, the Spheroid isn't about lung hitting.

A Piccoloid in my Xmas stocking, Santa? Yes please! Would I buy one? Nope.

Looks really good to me.
I drilled out my Spheroid v3 deck intake to 1.5mm, really nice MtL now.

Back
Top Bottom