What's new

Review Fasttech Kayfun Lite

MrTeaTime

Legend
Right, bought this after every one and there dog told me to.....thing is, both kayfuns ive had have been shit, so i always gave them a swerve....

So, thanks have to go out to @holysmokes and whipitup for shoving me in the right direction......

So, fasttech kayfun lite, $14.76 with free shipping (20 days from order )

Nice brushed finish, all stainless steel (apart from the fill screw). Threads were a bit crunchy, but after a good wash and rinse they are pretty decent. Deck is well finished with no rough edges, and everything fits well together.....

So, onto a build.....now this is where i have gone wrong in the past with kayfuns....ive had leaks, floods and allsorts of grief.....so i had very low expectations of this being any different. So coffee made (costa blend with a shot of hazlenut since you ask) and away we go.......patio doors open ready for me to launch the fucker when after the 5th attempt i still cant manage it properly.....6 wraps of .28 kanthal micro-coil @1.1ohms and...........

..........5 minutes later i have a fully functional kick arse kayfun lite kicking out awesome flavour and vapour!!!

Believe me, no-one is more suprised then me that i managed it first time....no flooding, dry-hits or leaking......i vaped it for a couple of hours with no issues and thought to myself that this aint right....so i tore it apart and started again :) re-built it, filled it with some @steamgunks quite awesome confectioners cut and its been the bollocks all day....

So, in conclusion, you really cant go wrong for the price of an iclear30s.....for a tenner, this is a complete bargain....a steal......

I'll be seeing how this performs over the next week, then pop over to cloud9 and buy a genuine kayfun lite ;)

Sent From My Galaxy S4

Thanks for the review, I got my kayfun lite from focalecig this morning, I've filled it with juice but she won't fire on my MVP2, can't even get up what ohms the coil is...anything I should know? I'm quite a noob at this. Do you have to unscrew the screw that connects with the positive on the mod? The flat ended screw I mean, not the filling one.

TIA

Thanks for the review, I got my kayfun lite from focalecig this morning, I've filled it with juice but she won't fire on my MVP2, can't even get up what ohms the coil is...anything I should know? I'm quite a noob at this. Do you have to unscrew the screw that connects with the positive on the mod? The flat ended screw I mean, not the filling one.

TIA
how many wraps and what size kanthal are you using?

I'm just using what looks like a micro-coil that came with it
Watch a few YouTube videos on how to build a coil on kayfun.. fast forward to the fitting part. I'm no expert but I think as long as the coil isn't touching the base, and both ends of you he coil aren't in the same hole :D you can't go far wrong.

Edit: After doing a bit of googling it seems people have had the MPV fire as low as .8 ohm so that's not the problem either.

Last edited:
first things first, give the kayfun a wash in soapy water, and never use the coil ans silica supplied!

the 510 is quite short on the kayfun. Sounds like it may not be contacting the positive pin on the mod. Try another mod if you have one, or lifting the pin on the mod you're trying with

Watch a few YouTube videos on how to build a coil on kayfun.. fast forward to the fitting part. I'm no expert but I think as long as the coil isn't touching the base, and both ends of you he coil aren't in the same hole :D you can't go far wrong.

Edit: After doing a bit of googling it seems people have had the MPV fire as low as .8 ohm so that's not the problem either.

Looks like I need to buy some wire and wick. The coil on it is of very thin wire and only a few winds. There is also evidence of burning on the wick just under the coil so it has fired at some point. I didn't fire it at all until there was juice in it.

first things first, give the kayfun a wash in soapy water, and never use the coil ans silica supplied!

OK will do, just got to get some wire and wick now.

the 510 is quite short on the kayfun. Sounds like it may not be contacting the positive pin on the mod. Try another mod if you have one, or lifting the pin on the mod you're trying with

I've tried it with and without vanity ring and have screwed out the screw on the contact pin on the kayfun. I think the coil may be blown or something.

The coil will be shorting out.....the ones they suuply are poo

Sent From My Galaxy S4

Back
Top Bottom