What's new

Review Drop Solo

WaitFor1t88

Veteran
Alright ladies, gents , gender fluid and non binary people, me again with another review, you know sometimes I even amaze myself

This was kindly sent to me for the purpose of review by Ella over @Sourcemore , thanks

https://www.sourcemore.com/digiflavor-drop-solo-rda-rebuildable-dripping-atomzier-black.html
Coupon code: DROPS
$25.99 with Free Shipping
Valid until Sept. 30th.
drop solo1.jpg

So as per the title, this review is for the Drop Solo, the Solo is the second release from the the youtube reviewer Brian Herb aka The Vapor Chronicles.

On the back of the hugely successful Drop rda, which in my opinion is one of the best rdas you buy, for the way I like to vape, with its ease of build , large smooth airflow, multiple build options and great flavour, coming out with a different variation of that rda that is hoping to be as successful is a tough task

In the box

you’ll get the drop rda (with its mouses nipple style drip tip, which I hate)
The usual spares
And the nice bonus of a pmma cap, barrel and beauty ring, colour of theses is dependent on the atty colour, kind of a smoked grey with the matte black rda

So, the Drop solo, is a 22mm single coil variation of the original 24mm, we have 2 “drop style” posts but the airflow remains the same as the original 10 holes in a “T” shape on either side, with the overall aesthetics of the original staying pretty much the same, the barrel locking feature has been rotated 45 degrees.

I have to say I was hoping for more design detail tweaks in this if I’m honest, I think it could of been shorter, (as it only 2mm shorter than the original) with a more condensed deck, and the major one, there’s no way to limit you airflow to just one side, even with the addition pmma cap set which only has 6 airflow holes but you still cant shut off one side completely

With this rda you can put away away your higher gauge wires, they will be no use to you here, best to go big. So a ss framed staple has been my choice with this, however you install it, the usual drop way, from underneath and up through the post or a nice vertical build in this you going to need to punch it with the power.

To me I just dont see the point of this rda, I love the original drop, its not a bad rda by any means it just doesnt offer anything the original doesn't apart from being 22mm, you still get great flavour, smooth airflow and ease of build, but you get that from the original, saying that if you like the drop and the way it performs and just want to run a single coil and need 22mm then go for it, I doubt you’ll be disappointed

Will be giving this RDA on this thread just x1 in your comment if you want a chance at this , winner pays postage, I know what you’re thinking, dont get cocky kid , but if the postage thing bothers you, well tough really

Cheers for reading and thanks to Ella at Sourcemore for sending this over

Last edited:
Not my cup of tea Matt, but I never thought it would be to be fair.

Nice honest review though dude [emoji1303]

Love the Drop and would like to try this one out on my squonk setup. Great review @WaitFor1t88 , cracking photo too, x1 for that :D

Thanks for reviewing this.. i was on the fence about ordering one. .. still am [emoji2]

But I'd like to win one x1 [emoji1]

Back
Top Bottom