What's new

Review Cthulhu - Hastur Mini MTL RTA - Yeah, it's great!

sure, they both have liquid in at the moment .... but I'll do that in the week for you .... I don't do anything special though and I think they even have different builds in as there's a big difference in resistance, I don't think the tank is fussy in that respect at all. Airflow is on the biggest hole and I'm running them around 12w.

the tips I have are short, my black one has a tip out of the strike 18 in it and my silver one has a random one I got from FT I'd strongly suggest trying a different tip.

Yes, I’ve got the Doggystyle drip tip in at the moment. My tip of choice is always the Steel Nauti 2. It fits but it’s a struggle. I’ve tried a fair few now. Strangely enough tonight it appears to have stopped. A problem shared and all that..... [emoji4]

Yes, I’ve got the Doggystyle drip tip in at the moment. My tip of choice is always the Steel Nauti 2. It fits but it’s a struggle. I’ve tried a fair few now. Strangely enough tonight it appears to have stopped. A problem shared and all that..... [emoji4]

ha, fingers crossed ...... that's why I have plastic tips in mine as I just rubbed the bottom over a bit of wet and dry paper until it fitted in the shallow 510 hole in the tank.

@Simon G which do you prefer, the Mini or it’s bigger brother. Or can’t you decide ?
I ask because I’m looking for another tank to go with my Ares. I’ve looked at the Galaxies and this could possibly Be on my list on the back of your review.

Cheers.....Lee

@Simon G which do you prefer, the Mini or it’s bigger brother. Or can’t you decide ?
I ask because I’m looking for another tank to go with my Ares. I’ve looked at the Galaxies and this could possibly Be on my list on the back of your review.

Cheers.....Lee

I prefer the mini ... I use two of them everyday all day 90% of the time.

.... but that's largely down to the size, 22mm will fit on all my mods and I really prefer a shorter tank because I use small mods.

I think the deck is nicer on the hastur, it's slightly easier to build on for me as it has more 'modern' style coil clamps and you can use coils which are wound either way as it has two sets of screws, there also a little more space to use longer coils or more spaced ones...... the mini is fine but I find it easiest if I leave the coil legs long so I can wrap them right around the screw, if you are using thicker than 28awg then you might not need to.....

I think the positives and negatives on both are down to personal things .... which deck style you find easiest to build on (they are quite different) .... the fact you can't take the deck out while the tank is filled on the original was a problem for some people, but it doesn't bother me really, I make sure my build is 'right' before I fill it.

The fill top is a little trickier to close on the original (you have to push in the centre before twisting .... but on the mini it gets a bit messy around the top because it isn't as tight tolerance....

I think the mini is a little easier to wick maybe.... but the big one holds more liquid.

... and the big one gives you all the airflow inserts, you get a few with it and you can buy 4 extra ones for a few dollars....

I think they both vape really nice though and neither leak out the air holes (ever in my experience) ... that's what's important to me.

you'll have to decide what's important to you...

size (22mm short 24mm tall)
airflow options (the big one has more under coil and more adjustment on the AFC, but the mini has perfect airflow anyway imo)
Liquid capacity (2ml or 3.5ml)
do you want to be able to get to the deck without emptying the tank? (if yes, you want the mini)
do you want to just drop in premade coils which are wound either way, or small claptons? (if yes you want the big)
Top cap is tighter on the big (which is a positive and a negative)
drip tip hole on the mini is shallow (which might be an issue if you want to use your own tips)

I think the big one will give you a vape more like the ares ... but the mini might give you something new that you prefer?

.... you really are asking me which of my two children I prefer though! .... lets say I love them both and they are both unique with their own quirks but they are both great in their own way. :D

I never tripped over this review before, makes for interesting reading, including the feedback relating to issues with spitback. Reminds me of the issues I had with the berserker mini, which was solved by nicking a longer drip tip off another atty. I'm intrigued by this tank and will add it to the ever-growing list. Nice review bud :D

Wow @Simon G thanks so much for taking the time to reply in such detail. It is very much appreciated. Think I prefer the larger 24mm in all fairness. I’m new to RTA’s so think the bigger deck space will be a little easier for me. I had the Savour which was a little finnicky for me being a 22mm. Ended up giving that away on here.

Know where you’re coming from regards leaking though, I cannot stand that at all, though I guess it’s always gonna be a possibility with an RTA. I get it sometimes from my Ares. I’ve either not tightened it up enough or I know it’s time to rewick it. That’s my thoughts anyhow.

Looking to get another Mod too & thinking of the WYE 85w, & think the Hastur will be a great fit for it to be a daily work set up. Though loads are raving about the VIM. May have to bloody get one of them too later down the line. It never ends :doh::18:

Thanks again....

I never tripped over this review before, makes for interesting reading, including the feedback relating to issues with spitback. Reminds me of the issues I had with the berserker mini, which was solved by nicking a longer drip tip off another atty. I'm intrigued by this tank and will add it to the ever-growing list. Nice review bud :D

Cthulhu have changed both the tips you get supplied now ... the original ones were a too narrow bore which was creating condensation inside, they listened to the feedback and made them with a wider bore and think that's pretty much cured it now.

Wow @Simon G thanks so much for taking the time to reply in such detail. It is very much appreciated. Think I prefer the larger 24mm in all fairness. I’m new to RTA’s so think the bigger deck space will be a little easier for me. I had the Savour which was a little finnicky for me being a 22mm. Ended up giving that away on here.

Know where you’re coming from regards leaking though, I cannot stand that at all, though I guess it’s always gonna be a possibility with an RTA. I get it sometimes from my Ares. I’ve either not tightened it up enough or I know it’s time to rewick it. That’s my thoughts anyhow.

Looking to get another Mod too & thinking of the WYE 85w, & think the Hastur will be a great fit for it to be a daily work set up. Though loads are raving about the VIM. May have to bloody get one of them too later down the line. It never ends :doh::18:

Thanks again....

no problem .... the VIM is ok for what it is but for me you can't really compare it to a good tank and mod, you just don't have the adjustability ..... I never thought I would miss variable wattage until I vaped the VIM for 2 weeks. :D

That's funny you mentioned the bore of the drip tip, coincidently my swapout was the dvarw tip on the berserker and guess what, it's wider bore too... thanks for the info about the update.

Back
Top Bottom