What's new

Review AnyVape Davide BDC ASPIRE

Phantom Diablo

Achiever
I received this as part of a competition win from VaperCaper http://www.vapercaper.co.uk/collections/atomisers/products/anyvape-davide-bdc-aspire-tank

much appreciated thanks , and so after about a week with this tank thought id give me views on.
First impressions.. shniy.. very shiny. and quite a size too. not sure how much the tank holds as it doesnt say but its around 3.5 to 4ml im guessing. The tank is glass and comes fully apart for cleaning. quality of the glass is very good, no chipped or rough edges and sits nicely in the unit itself on top of a sealed ring.
the bottom section of the tank has a knurled ring for unscrewing which makes gripping easy and the tank is filled from the bottom via two holes either side of where the centre post goes.
the bottom pin of the unit has a cut out notch so im guessing it can be turned a little to allow adjustment as i have read there are some connection issues with MVP's on this tank.
just above the bottom knurled section is the base part the glass sits in, this has some nice etching with the name anyvape davide as well as 2 grooves.
the top portion of the tank is a domed affair topped off by a flared bottom almost ming style drip tip.
Now here lies my first issue. ive tried the 5 other drip tips i have here ( from RSST, Scar, IGO W and one i purchased and none fit.they are all standard sizes but are loose in this so it seems a little bigger than normal which is a shame.
internally the unit has a self contained dual coil and comes with a spare in the box ( along with some spare o rings and a beauty ring for fitting on ego style battery ). I have seen youtube vids mentioning about recoiling yourself but tbh its so small and fiddly its just not worth the effort.

The replacement coils just pull out and have etched on them the ohms and they come in a range of 1.5, 1.8 2.2 and 2.5 . testing this on my meter it came in at 2.1 ohms.

So onto the vape
i filled the unit up with the free nuclear Plusion i got as part of the compeition win and let it sit for a couple of hours to soak nicely in.
so a couple of hours on and my inital reaction was the vape is quite warm. compared to my dripper the taste of plusion is quite muted and doesnt have that aniseed kick i was expecting. I also found it to be very airy as well though i gave plenty of vape.

however something wasnt right .

move on 4 or so days and after battling to get some strong taste out of it the unit then decided to throw a fit and produce no vape and only gurgle at me. there was no heat, no vape, nothing but cold gurgling and bubbling ( like blowing throw a straw in juice.

so decided to strip the unit down entirely which resulted in 2-3ml of juice ending up on my lap and a white rubber gromit popping out leaving me at a loss as to where it came from. washed the unit out thoroughly, and after posting on here about the gromit got a reply from vapercaper and found a youtube vid and got it all fitted back together.
no reason as to why it started gurlging at me, the tank hadnt been left on its side and had worked fine 5 mins previous to the gurgling incident.

anyway having got it all fully assembled thought i would try something a little more potent in it to see if i could get the flavour i was looking for. so pulled out the big guns and got my alchemists chemists mentally menthol and stuck in around 3ml of the stuff.
to give an idea in my dripper this is like sucking down a pack of xxxx strong mints that have sat in some liquid nitrogen.

so again fired it up.. now the gargling was gone and it was back to the normal "crackle" sound it seems to make. expected to get a big icy blast of menthol flavour.. didnt happen.. i got a warm mild menthol taste ( a limp polo thats been sat out in the sun ) and on exhale even less with pretty much zero taste.

and thats how its been for past couple of days with every juice ive tried. ive had cinnamon red in it, Ice Storm, squid ink and all are the same. a muted just about there taste on the inhale and a totally tasteless exhale.

thought it might be my tastebuds but on my RSST and tested against an old puritank and vivi nova as well im getting full on inhale and exhale.

so conclusions.

pros

looks great, glass tank, knurled bottom making it easy to unscrew, nice lines and etchings and shiny

cons

no other drip tips fit
very airy
muted taste on inhale and no taste on exhale
random gurgling causing it to stop working entirely

such a shame really maybe i have a duff coil and i will update once ive tried the spare but thats the outcome so far after around a week or so of use

after a few Pm's with VaperCaper about the problem and seeing a pbusardo review i was sent link to as well seems the airy draw can be a common issue and resolved with a cap that allows you adjust airflow.
of course having no cap meant i couldnt do that..soooo nothing like some DIY. 2 strands of cotton wool , one layed across each groove in the base of the davide and a better less airy draw and some flavour. need to play around tomorrow with slightly thicker strands but so far seems to be an improvment

11345233874_8229469429_z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom