What's new

VooPoo DRAG S & X mash up.

eyeball kid

Legend
We have ourselves an early look at the New VooPoo Drag s and x mash up pod mods.
Huge thanks to @VOOPOO for the opportunity.
Now the VINCI pod mods where a very exciting product I got to test earlier this year and were so good they switched Mrs kid from a four year kanger subtank addiction which is quite something as she's turned down literally scores of other options over those year's.
The use of disposable pods instead of a tank That's integral to the mod has been a real development and the collection of mesh coils in the vinci collection really pushed flavour and vapour into a new level.
The only negatives I could find with the Vinci kits was the lack of fully adjustable airflow and leaky coils. The pods though disposable lasted a long time (usually the pull tab on the fill port going first) but cheap enough to replace and we've had no leaks from the pods but oh those coils.

Let's see what new the Drag S and Drag X bring to the table.
WP_20200504_23_25_18_Pro.jpg

DRAG X's key feature
1. New Generation GENE.TT Chip
2. Infinitly variable airflow
3. Original Score Ranking Mode
4. Magnetic Connector
5. Compatible with all PnP coils
6. 80W max output with single 18650 battery

DRAG S's key feature
1. New Generation GENE.TT Chip
2. Infinitly variable airflow
3. Original Score Ranking Mode
4. Auto draw and button press activation
5. Magnetic Connector
6. Compatible with all PnP coils
7. 60W max output with built-in battery

ctivation
5. Magnetic Connector
6. Compatible with all PnP coils
7. 60W max output with built-in battery

We've added a score mode this time which can interact with users. The mode is to record your vaping habit. You can know how strong you inhale every time by checking big score on the screen.The ranking from Iron-King can calculate your total score.
This will tie into an online tracker to keep an eye on your vaping that going to be absurd on the voodoo website along with a firmware upgrade#

# I should add that voopoo have added an age verification process before this can be accessed.
They're conscious that this should be used as a smoking cessation tool rather than a game. They are keeping an eye on how this is used to prevents misuse and reserve the right to remove it if they are it's not a valuable tool for cessation.
WP_20200505_13_19_18_Pro.jpg

What you get in the box.
Obviously the above Drag of choice with one pod fitted. These are 4.5ml pods I'm not sure if the UK version will obviously have a more compact pod to hit that 2ml limit.

2 coils.
Here they differ. The S has the same 0.2 and 0.3 ohm coils that the Vinci used.
The X has the 0.3 and the new 0.15 ohm coils (All mesh designs)

A type c sub charge lead for fast charging

A guarantee, instruction manual and gene chip card.

Well it's a looker in my book.
You get a tube shape mod with flat front containing a large round concave fire button that is a graphite colour that matches the front face plate but has a smart steel trim around the edge to highlight it.
Clicky, without rattle and solid as a rock.
Five clicks switches the Drag mash ups on.
Under the fire button is a large rectangular bright screen containing all your usual information (coil ohms, wattage, voltage, battery level, puff counter and the slightly weird Iron puff rating)
We have a slight variation here in overall functionality between the two mods.
The S and the X has the option of switching through modes (via three clicks of the fire button) but the S has either manual press fire button and auto and press mode. Both of these have the Gene smart technology that auto detects the coil type and ohms then sets your perfect wattage. You can manually lower the wattage as much as you like or up the wattage but only to what the board allows for safe vaping without coil damage. Great feature carried over from the vinci.
The auto Now only comes as auto and press. This allows you to override the auto draw fire feature of its not delivering what you want (more On that shortly).
The X model drops the auto fire option. Again like the Vinci.
Both these modes have a Red based display which is clean bright and clear.
WP_20200510_11_30_56_Pro.jpg

WP_20200510_11_33_32_Pro.jpg

Both models have one final setting which is RBA.
This has full adjustability of wattage so you can go as high as you like and it is easy to see when you are in RBS mode as the screen switches into a full blue font.

Under the screen is the traditional two wattage up and down buttons.
When pressed together you enter into the puff counter memory which gives you a full display of your puff lengths over the last couple of weeks displayed like a graphic equalizer. Again I'm not sure why you'd want to see this but its ties into the Gene chips ability to recognise your vape style and adjust the dry hit protection software. Very good it is too, throttling back the power quickly if you chain vape at a super high wattage.
This also ties into the Iron draw eating which I'm not going into as i can't work out what on earth that's all about. See the Voopoo websites for more On that if your so inclined.I

At the bottom of the faceplate is The type c usb port for very quick charging.
The rear of both mods is covered in a canvas style fabric with a large pleather (for you veggies and vegans) rectangular strip with the DRAG legend imprinted on it.

The rear of the mod also contains a stainless joystick which controls the airflow holes mounted on each side of the collar of the mod.
This is a joy. Smooth and thumb controlled with smooth resistance.
At last, full airflow control from nothing to massive airflow.
Finally the pods.
These are held in via a huge circular metal plate that runs around the inside top of the mod and held in tight they are.
I'm pretty sure the pods would stay firmly in place even if dropped.
The airflow comes up under this collar to enter the base of the coil.
The pods are a one piece affair. Holdings 4.5mls of juice via a bottom mounted rubber bung.
This bung has dual deals and hasn't leaked yet it's easier to open than the Vinci so I suspect these will last far longer.
The drip tip is built in and an 810 size. Comfortable in use and keeps cool.
WP_20200510_11_31_08_Pro.jpg

WP_20200510_11_31_37_Pro.jpg

Conclusion.
These are fantastic. No doubt about it.
Fully compatible with all pnp coils, great in hand and quite frankly deliver flavours better than anyone else in the market.
The Drag mash ups look awesome though I'd like to see optional pods with traditional drip tip fittings for those who want to use the higher ohm mtl pnp coils.
The automatic nature makes them pretty much idiot proof and technically the board is as good as it gets. It delivers power lightning fast.
I'd be happy to use these for all dtl juices as the flavour is astonishing. I mean we've reached a new high water mark.
The S is really compact yet has the equivalent of a good 18650 batteries worth of life inside (2500mah).
The X offers that extra 20w topping out at 80w and the option of switching out your own batteries if your an all day dtl vaper.
The new 0.15 coils are insane for vapour. Room filling. Amazingly I've found the coils relatively frugal for such low ohms.

Now downsides.

The auto feature in the S model needs either a little resistance with your airflow control or a powerful draw to work smoothly. No big deal for me as I like a restriction and you have the power button always operational now. But it's worth mentioning.
Now the elephant in the room. Coils.
Oh Voopoo, you rascals.
They still seep. Yep. These kits are on the verge of perfection but the coils still seep.
I know most stock coils seep a little but these seem to get worse over time and it's an easy fix.
It's the insulation ring on the base. It curls over time or is poorly fitted from the get go. No not a deal breaker when the kit is this good but still, to make Something so good then to hobble it with drippy coils.
The coils are tremendously good too. Amazing flavour at any wattage.
All I can say is Voopoo are looking into this and you can find similar coils that fit from other manufacturers in the mean time.
Or dry your coil base when you refill to stop juice pooling on the mod.
100% eyeball recommend.
Nice job @VOOPOO.
Huge thanks to Judith from @voopo for allowing me to review and for taking the coil news on the chin.
Voopoo is opening a UK website shortly.
https://voopoo.co.uk/password
Or find these at all your favourite vape shops.

Last edited:
I'm progress.
We have ourselves an early look at the New VooPoo Drag s and x mash up pod mods.
Huge thanks to @VOOPOO for the opportunity.
Now the VINCI pod mods where a very exciting product I got to test earlier this year and were so good they switched Mrs kid from a four year kanger subtank addiction which is quite something as she's turned down literally scores of other options over those year's.
The use of disposable pods instead of a tank That's integral to the mod has been a real development and the collection of mesh coils in the vinci collection really pushed flavour and vapour into a new level.
The only negatives I could find with the Vinci kits was the lack of fully adjustable airflow and leaky coils. The pods though disposable lasted a long time (usually the pull tab on the fill port going first) but cheap enough to replace and we've had no leaks from the pods but oh those coils.

Let's see what new the Drag S and Drag X bring to the table.View attachment 217912
Hey

Exciting! Hoping to get mine this wk too! Be interesting to compare.
I love it when there are multiple reviews.

For now i wont read it till i do mine

Enjoy, hope they are good mate!

Last edited:
Cheers, great review @eyeball kid. Have you had chance to try it with an mtl coil? Also are you saying other manufacturers coils fit and don’t leak?

sounds like a little cracker of a device and damm near perfect looks great aswell thanks for an honest review mate :2thumbsup:

It has an online league table for who takes the biggest puff?
As above I've given the benefit of the doubt and not looked at the online stuff but with a name like iron king and star ratings I suspected nothing good will come of that.
I suppose it's nothing new with sad nerd men equipped with scantily clad busty girls on their arms blowing the biggest cloud at expo going back year's.
The kit is good as is and you can't access that sort of stuff on the mod screen so that's as much as I can say.
I'd avoid anything but confirmed useful firmware updates as usual. Any information gathering worries me generally. I think I pointed out on the vinci that the puff menu must be a future information collection system for voopoo. I guess they've come to collect.

Last edited:
Cheers, great review @eyeball kid. Have you had chance to try it with an mtl coil? Also are you saying other manufacturers coils fit and don’t leak?
I will update as the original two coils are still going but I've the 0.8 pnp coils here for next time.
check out some of the Vinci reviews in here as I did a bit of a cross test between vaporesso and voopoo. Some will, some won't (can't remember which off hand).
I suspect the smok and youde versions of these will fit but yet to confirm.
I will grab a few different options to update.

Back
Top Bottom