What's new

Voopoo Drag S - Review by DeeDee

Good evening all!

So up for review is the Drag S. Thanks to @VOOPOO for sending this to me. I also received the Drag X, which i sent to Craigo for him to review as he is much more experienced with DTL and uses external batteries more than I do, he will be providing his feedback too. Thank u @nwhornet

20200616_210604[1].jpg

Ok so the specs

5 - 60W Output Range
2500mAh Built-In Battery
Advanced Gene.tt chipset
4.5ml Refillable Pods (assume 2ml tpd)
Charger is USB-C 5V/2A
Adjustable Triple Airflow
Output Voltage: 3.2~4.2V
Material = Alloy & Leather / PCTG Pod
Resistance: 0.1 to 3.0 ohms
Pod Connection: 360 degrees magnet
Coils = PnP (many available)
Charger = USB-C 5V/2A
Draw & Button Activation
Smart VW Suggestion
0.001 Fire Time
Cloud Size Score Ranking

Screenshot_20200616-195126_Chrome[1].jpg

In the Box
DRAG S Device
1 x PnP Pod (4.5ml)
1 x PnP 0.2ohm coil
1 x PnP 0.3ohm coil
1 x USB-C Cable
1 x User Manual

20200616_202656[1].jpg

Ok so, you know i normally mtl but i do occasionally use dtl devices which i really enjoy, Normally when i am chilling on the balcony with a good book. Unfortunately hubby is not keen on big clouds inside :58:

Opening the box i was pleasantly surprised, I received the Marsala colour device which is gorgeous. I have had a few people comment on it.

I put in some Dr Vapes Purple Panther, WOW. I used some different flavours throughout the testing and they all tasted very good.

20200616_202633[1].jpg

What i liked.......:2thumbsup:
  • Great feel, its weighty and fits nice in the hand
  • Flavour from the coils is delightful
  • Airflow is amazing, great fully open or nice more closed for a decent restrictive dtl
  • Adjusting AF is easy, just slide it
  • Big clouds
  • Nice big screen
  • Very simple to use
  • You can lock the wattage
  • Easy to fill
  • Easy to see e-juice level
  • Quick to fire, very reactive
  • Charges up within 1hr 10mins
  • Battery life very good
  • Pleasing to the eye

upload_2020-6-16_21-21-41.png 20200616_202758[1].jpg 20200616_211224[1].jpg

They are releasing the following tanks soon.......
Screenshot_20200616-204656_Chrome[1].jpg

upload_2020-6-16_21-40-1.png

Cons
  • I didn't have an mtl coil to test but based on the airflow i dont think it will be a true mtl but, lets be honest you wouldn't buy this device for MTL.
  • Well as usual there is still issues with leaking coils, now its not as bad but they are still leaking!
  • When u remove the pod it resets back to the max wattage, annoying.
  • The Auto Draw is at times hit and miss

General
I personally preferred the 0.2 coil but the 0.3 provided very good flavour too. The 0.2 just gives a little more deeper flavour.

I haven't really paid much attention to the achievement ranking, not my thing, im sure for many it will be entertaining to compare but ive not paid much notice......sorry!

I do love the quality with Voopoo but I just wish they would fix the leaky coils,its so frustrating as everything else is great.

20200616_202737[1].jpg 20200616_210637[1].jpg

Again thank you to Voopoo. This device is going to my brother as he has nagged me so much, he would benefit from this as he only does dtl. So this wkend it will have a new owner!

I hope you enjoyed reading my review, if you have used this yourself please feel free to add any comments below or if ive missed something let me know

For more info check out the voopoo site https://www.voopoo.com/drag-series/drag-s.html

Thank you DeeDee :10:

Great review mate :) I've been chewing over this for a couple of days now, reading this review the leaky coils kinda puts me off :( its a shame as its such a smart looking piece of kit.

Thanks for the review :D

Great review mate :) I've been chewing over this for a couple of days now, reading this review the leaky coils kinda puts me off :( its a shame as its such a smart looking piece of kit.

Thanks for the review :D

Hi

Thanks for the comment, yeah its so annoying BUT they have got better, they are no where near as bad as when the Vinci came out. As long as you keep a check on the coil it should be fine, they leaked but not to the point of saturating the main base. I always take the pod out at night on any POD kit as if its not used they can leak more but thats for most pod devices

Great review @DeeDee as above I just can't deal with leaking. I don't want to have to keep checking, wiping and removing pods. Surely they can make a non leaky pod?

Great review @DeeDee as above I just can't deal with leaking. I don't want to have to keep checking, wiping and removing pods. Surely they can make a non leaky pod?

Thank you

Yep its been done - I have had zero leaks on

PM80
PM30
Artery Pal 2 and 2 pro
Freemax Maxpod
Geekvape coils (been sampling a new kit for them that uses the same coils as the Geekvape pod)

Leaking is so common, but as I said it has got better on the Drag

Great review Dee. Like the look of the device but a shame it can't really be set up for MTL.

Sorry couldnt resist :8:

Of course you couldnt!

I expect nothing else from you and keep it up, they make me laugh a lot :dance:

I appreciate these little alterations, trust me as I am writing reviews I so want to add some more of myself but I also dont want to scare off people that dont know me LOL

Great review Dee. Like the look of the device but a shame it can't really be set up for MTL.
Thanks Rew - I havent tested it with a MTL coil but I just know it I put a 1.0 pnp coil the airflow even nearly closed would not be tight enough.

I might actually see if I have one kicking around to double check, I could well be doing it an injustice here but Im 95% im not :14:

Thanks Rew - I havent tested it with a MTL coil but I just know it I put a 1.0 pnp coil the airflow even nearly closed would not be tight enough.

I might actually see if I have one kicking around to double check, I could well be doing it an injustice here but Im 95% im not :14:

Cheers m'dear. No worries if you can't find one.

Back
Top Bottom