What's new

Vaptio Tyro Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
I was sent this to review, along with the Palo kit. I'll admit I'm not big on starter kits as I jumped right in with mods and tanks but I do have a couple of pods and have enjoyed using both of these kits.

Specifications and safety features here: https://shop.vaptio.com/tyro-kit.html

20191111_132423.jpg

Again Vaptio are following the trend of mtl and dtl in one here. The mtl airflow is pretty tight and the dtl restricted but decent. I do like a restricted dtl vape. The kit's solidly built and has a nice heft to it.

The good thing about this kit is that it takes the Cosmo coils, which are interchangeable with Nautilus coils. A big plus as I've found Vaptio coils harder to get from my usual places and practically non-existent in b&m shops.

The gimmick (or innovation, you decide) on this kit is that you twist the whole tank to adjust airflow. It works well and I've not had any leaks.

20191111_132458.jpg

To replace the coil you have to take the tank off by twisting past the airflow stop and taking it off. Then it's the usual screw into the base, tank on, fill up and away.

They've put a filling system on the tank where you twist the very top to open a fill hole on the side at the top of the tank. I hated it at first as it pissed juice out no matter how I tried to fill it and then on my 5th or 6th fill I just jammed the nib of my bottle to the very back and it worked perfectly. I am quite stupid.

In comparison to the Palo the Tyro hasn't got as smooth a draw and with the supplied coils it's not as tasty either but it does seem to pack a touch more of a punch. Strange as they're both 1500 mah devices used in bypass.

I thought I preferred the Palo with it's smooth smooth draw and the coils that can take any juice but now I've whacked an 0.7 Nautilus mesh coil in the Tyro wins for me.

I was sent this to review, along with the Palo kit. I'll admit I'm not big on starter kits as I jumped right in with mods and tanks but I do have a couple of pods and have enjoyed using both of these kits.

Specifications and safety features here: https://shop.vaptio.com/tyro-kit.html

View attachment 204474

Again Vaptio are following the trend of mtl and dtl in one here. The mtl airflow is pretty tight and the dtl restricted but decent. I do like a restricted dtl vape. The kit's solidly built and has a nice heft to it.

The good thing about this kit is that it takes the Cosmo coils, which are interchangeable with Nautilus coils. A big plus as I've found Vaptio coils harder to get from my usual places and practically non-existent in b&m shops.

The gimmick (or innovation, you decide) on this kit is that you twist the whole tank to adjust airflow. It works well and I've not had any leaks.

View attachment 204476

To replace the coil you have to take the tank off by twisting past the airflow stop and taking it off. Then it's the usual screw into the base, tank on, fill up and away.

They've put a filling system on the tank where you twist the very top to open a fill hole on the side at the top of the tank. I hated it at first as it pissed juice out no matter how I tried to fill it and then on my 5th or 6th fill I just jammed the nib of my bottle to the very back and it worked perfectly. I am quite stupid.

In comparison to the Palo the Tyro hasn't got as smooth a draw and with the supplied coils it's not as tasty either but it does seem to pack a touch more of a punch. Strange as they're both 1500 mah devices used in bypass.

I thought I preferred the Palo with it's smooth smooth draw and the coils that can take any juice but now I've whacked an 0.7 Nautilus mesh coil in the Tyro wins for me.
Nice one Gitchy. I remember once getting the Frogman tank and coils for that here were as scarce as hens teeth.

Back
Top Bottom