What's new

Vaptio Prod Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
Timmy from Vaptio sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Vaptio, nor do I get paid to review things.

20210407_121259.jpg

The Vaptio Prod Pod Kit

https://shop.vaptio.com/prod-kit.html

The Prod is a 700mah internal battery pod system that will go up to 20w. It has replaceable coils and you can press the button to vape or use the draw activation on it. The pod capacity is 2ml and it will happily work with 70/30 juice. It’s charged with a USB Type-C cable. It has 2 airflow options that you change by simply taking the pod out and turning it around 180 degrees then putting it back in the battery

In the box you get:
1 Prod Mod
1 Prod Pod
1 V1 Coil (1.2 ohm)
1 V2 Coil (0.8ohm)
1 Type-C Cable
1 User Manual
1 Warranty Card

Styling wise it’s a thin, light pod system but doesn’t feel cheap. It has the usual Vaptio branding on the back and the Prod branding at the bottom of the front side under the screen. The screen itself gives you the basic info you need and sits above the fire button. You get the ohms of the coil, the wattage, a puff counter and the battery indicator. The pod clicks into the battery with a solid click and sits in there pretty solidly, there is no chance of it popping out and skidding across the floor if you happen to drop your device. There’s a cutaway juice window that lets you see how much juice is left in the pod so you don’t need to take the pod out to see if it needs filled. It is a little dark but holding it up to the light lets you see the juice level easily.

Function wise it’s a very simple pod. You can draw on it by using the button or by the draw activation, which works really well. There is only the one button so 3 clicks lets you enter the wattage change mode and you just set your wattage and leave it a few seconds and it will stop flashing and lock the wattage in. The wattage goes up to 20w and does a round robin to let you go lower again when you need to. If you take the pod out and hold the fire button you will be able to reset the puff counter. I like that there’s a screen on this pod, not many of the smaller, lower wattage pods have them so it’s a nice touch. There’s a simple airflow control on it in that you just take the pod out and turn it round to get a tighter draw, there’s only one small airflow hole on the side of the mod so the pod controls the airflow for you in essence.

Collage 2021-04-07 12_15_04.jpg

I started off with the 1.2 coil and it worked well for me at 10w. Flavour is really good with these coils and the vapour production is good as well. Vaptio have been doing really well with their coils lately and they’ve adopted the now standard push to fit with their last few devices. The draw on the device is around a medium MTL on both airflow settings. The looser one is still reasonably tight so this is definitely an MTL only device. I should also note that the difference between both airflow options is quite slight but it is noticeable. Unfortunately they haven’t made this device compatible with other manufacturers coils on this one like they do with a few of their kits but they are very good coils imo so hopefully some of the UK vendors will carry them, I know there are a few that do carry other Vaptio stuff.

The 0.8 coil also has very good flavour and good vapour production for the wattage it gets set at. I liked it at 15w personally and with a bit of slipstreaming I could get a very restricted lung hit without it burning or not keeping up with the 70/30 juice I used in it.

In all the Prod Kit is good starter kit. The coils give great flavour and the draw would definitely suit someone who likes a medium tight draw or a new vaper trying to replicate the sensation of smoking. I like the addition of the screen and the option to set the wattage. I personally think the draw is too tight for me as I like a very airy MTL but it’s not about me, it’s about what it can offer new vapers.

Timmy also very kindly sent me the special edition of this kit sent to reviewers and that’s the one I’ve been using. It adds a lanyard and comes in a fancy box. The standard retail version is the one at the top of this review. I sent a second special edition I received to another member for their partner to try and stop smoking with so I hope it’s working well for them.

20210407_121852.jpg

Back
Top Bottom