What's new

Vaporesso Zero 2 Pod Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
Milo from @Vaporesso sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Vaporesso, nor do I get paid to review things.

20211010_155331.jpg

The Vaporesso Zero 2 Pod Kit

https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits/zero-2

The Zero 2 is a pod kit with an 800mah internal battery. There are no buttons on this kit as it’s purely autodraw. The pods with this version are 3mls but will be 2ml if bought in the UK due to TPD. It comes with a 1.0ohm mesh pod and a 1.3ohm CCell pod as well. Filling is done via a push to fill valve on the bottom of the pods. The pods are enclosed so you can’t change coils.

In the box you get:
1 ZERO 2 Battery
1 ZERO 2 1.0Ω MESH POD (3ml)
1 ZERO 2 1.3Ω CCELL POD (3ml)
1 E-Liquid Filling Bottle (10ml)
1 Type-C Cable
1 User Manual
1 Warranty Card

The styling is very different and Vaporesso are clearly going for a futuristic look here, it’s very sleek and shiny so beware if you’re averse to fingerprints. The blurb on the website says there’s 10 layers of IML finish on the battery part and it does show and looks really nice, giving a kind of ripple effect. Underneath it’s a nice metal, I assume it’s zinc alloy and the Vaporesso and Zero branding is quite subtle here so I also appreciate that. There’s no base so it can’t stand upright but that’s not really an issue as the coils still stay saturated with it lying down. There’s a 4 led light system that pulses as you take a draw and easily shows the charge level whilst charging. The USB C charging port is on the base, which usually annoys people but here it’s a bonus as you can’t stand the pod kit up.

The pods themselves are comfortable to draw on and as an added bonus they are compatible with the original Zero pod kit, which means you can use any old Zero pods on this device as well if you have them. These new pods also have the SSS technology in them so they don’t leak. Again according to the blurb on the website SSS stands for seal comprehensively, saturate properly and store safely. The one difference from other pods is that these ones have a valve in the bottom for filling, which Vaporesso are calling press to fill. You get a small 10ml fill bottle in the package to fill with juice and use but I found most thin tipped bottle nibs will work as well. It is a nice addition though.

20211010_155426.jpg

Function wise it’s charge up, pop a pod in and vape. Nothing fancy, nothing complicated. As mentioned the 4 white LED lights on the device pulse as you draw and let you know exactly how much battery is left.

In use I started off with the 1.0ohm mesh pod and it’s very like the other Vaporesso pods I’ve tried. It vapes well and gives a nice, satisfying and steady stream of vapour with good flavour. While it’s clearly a MTL device I did still manage to get a very restricted RDL if I slipstreamed the draw and the coil did keep up very well with this, even when using 70/30 juice. I liked the 1.0 coil a lot and would use that myself.

With the 1.3 CCell it was a different story for me. I’m not the biggest fan of Vaporesso’s CCell coils, having tried a few, and this one was not much different at first. For starters you have to kind of break the coil in by taking a few puffs before it will start to produce vapour. It was a bit strange and put me on the negative right away. Once you’ve started it off the draw is decent but with it being a 1.3ohm coil it seemed a bit insipid for me. Once I got used to it I realised it is pretty much like taking a draw on a cigarette. This would make it perfect for people trying to stop smoking and if I’m honest the flavour is actually pretty good, it seems cleaner if that makes sense. I can appreciate that the CCell isn’t for me but for someone else it could be really good and I might try it out with some really high nic salts when I’m having a beer to see if it can replicate smoking better as that’s when I crave a smoke the most.

In all the Zero 2 kit looks good, has similar performance to other pods in the same price range and would be pretty good for someone who’s still trying to stop smoking. I wasn’t keen on the CCell pod myself but can see how other people would like it and use it to help them quit the smokes. The 1.0 coil was more my thing and I did like the press to fill system.

20211010_155543.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom