What's new

Vaporesso Xros 2 Pod Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
Milo from @Vaporesso sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Vaporesso, nor do I get paid to review things.

20210903_151335.jpg

The Vaporesso Xros 2 Pod Kit

https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits/xros2

The Xros 2 is a pod kit with replaceable refillable pods that has a 1000mah internal battery in it and has adjustable airflow. You get 2 different pods in the kit, one that is 0.8 ohms and another that’s 1.2 ohms. It has a button so you can press to draw but there’s also an autodraw function as well so you can hit it how you like. It charges via a USB Type C charge port.

In the box you get:
1 VAPORESSO XROS 2 Battery
1 VAPORESSO XROS SERIES 0.8Ω MESH POD (2ml)
1 VAPORESSO XROS SERIES 1.2Ω POD (2ml)
1 TYPE-C Cable
1 User Manual
1 Warranty Card

It’s made in the same style as the original Xros but with new added rounded edges so it doesn’t look quite as boxy. There’s a battery indicator at the bottom of the front of the mod part that has 4 lights and gives you an idea of how charged the battery is, 4 lights lit is 100%, 3 is 75%, 2 is 50% and 1 is 25%. These light up as you draw and stay lit for a second or so after drawing so you can see when to recharge. Branding is nice and subtle with a slightly shinier than the mod Vaporesso on the front just above the battery indicator lights and a Vaporesso logo at the bottom of the back. The fire button protrudes slightly so you can find it easily with your thumb and there’s a shiny halo round it as well, giving it quite a nice look. On the back is the airflow control and it’s similar to the original Xros but different again. You have a little slider to move the airflow and this time they’ve gone for a teardrop shaped hole so you can get a good DTL/loose MTL draw or a nice and tight MTL one when adjusting.

The pod is the usual replaceable Xros pod that doesn’t have coils so you’re throwing it away when it’s done. They’ve now added their SSS leak resistant technology to the pods so there are no leaks at all. The pods come in 08 and 1.2 versions. The liquid window is nice and clear, which I love, and you can see when you’re about to run out of juice every time and that’s a nice bonus for a pod kit imo as most hide the juice level to some capacity. The pod is filled by snapping the top cap off and using the provided hole to fill up and it does so nice and quickly.

20210903_151511.jpg

In use I already loved the original Xros for the nice loose draw so I again like this one. With the 0.8 coil in you can get a good RDL draw from it as well. MTL is also very good on the 0.8 with a decent amount of vapour coming from it. With the 1.2 it's good as well, the vapour is good, flavour is good and again you can get a RDL draw from it without burning the coil out. The airflow is good as well, you can get a right tight draw for MTL with it closed off totally as it has the same 2 little airholes on the side as the Xros Mini. I would still prefer the mini for a tight draw myself as it seems more built for that way but if you like mixing up the airflow then the Xros 2 is the pod for you.

One thing though, and I will stress this may be because I have a sample version, is that the battery seems to restrict the length of your draw. The battery lights pulse as you draw and when they get to the 4th light the draw cuts off, whether you’re using the button or the autodraw. It’s not so much an issue when you DTL on it as the pulse continues and to be fair with an MTL draw it cuts off perfectly for me at the right point but I just don’t like the idea of being told when to stop. Maybe I just don’t draw hard enough as I have found a couple of times the pulse continues if I really push it. I am hoping this is just a glitch with my unit though so I’d wait for other reviews first before writing the device off if that bothers you at all.

Another, tiny, thing is that you can’t seem to use charging cables that are USB C to USB C. I’ve a few fast chargers for phones and the like and they just don’t seem to charge this device. It’s probably a safety thing where the battery just doesn’t regulate the charge coming into it. The cable in the box works fine though so it is just a very tiny grumble.

In all the Xros 2 continues the good work Vaporesso have done with the Xros and the Xros Mini. It caters to a loose MTL/very restricted DTL and a tight MTL. It’d suit new users and those who need a pod kit to keep them going. I like the draw on it, Vaporesso just seem to get me in that respect and despite my couple of tiny niggles I have really enjoyed using it.

20210903_151523.jpg

Nice Review though not something i would have on my shopping list. I could see a few going for this though.

Thanks for the review mate. Ticks a lot of boxes for new and old vapers. Probably not for me though.

Back
Top Bottom