What's new

Next Mind CT1 Written review

Enoch

Achiever
A pod system that self cleans? Could this be the pod of the future?!

This was sent to me by Efuntop for the purpose of a written review, for full disclosure.

So I had never heard of the Next Mind CT1 before it was offered to me. You may not know but I have been running a pod series over on my Youtube for a couple of months now and this was the first time I had not heard of a pod system prior to getting it. Everything was in place. The cool name, the self cleaning coil, the looks, exciting stuff. However my experience compared to my first reactions don’t really match up as much. But before we get into all of that stuff, what do you get and what exactly is it?

About the Next Mind CT1

The Next Mind CT1 (or CT1 from here on out) is a 650 mAh internal battery pod device that comes with a 2mil pod capacity and sleek finish. The device is small and features a curved middle body design for grip on the device and a small fire button underneath the pod. The button glows blue when firing and red when turned off/out of power. The device comes with a 1 ohm and 1.2 ohm coil in the box with 1 pod only. It works by twisting the pod and pulling to remove where the coil screws into the device rather than inside the pod itself. Underneath the pod there is a rubber bung for filling.

The pod has a 5 slow clicks off (4 on) and a coil cleaning option. 8 slow clicks of the button triggers the option which will lightly fire the device to get rid of any juice on the coil for using with another liquid.
next_mind_ct1_pod_system_1.jpg

CT1 Pros

The first thing I loved about this device was the fell and design of it all. It is quite small but very well made, feeling solid and comfy in the hand. The paint work is robust enough to survive a few drops and even the fire button is nice and clicky. So straight away a good start for the pod. Battery life is subjective which I will get to in a moment, but generally you can get a whole day out of this without any performance drops with the 650 mAh almost making it a full day before recharge. I love the coil cleaning option built in, really good if changing liquids or pods to ensure you get a crisper flavour from the get go and the flavour from the coils despite the restrictive airflow is nice and prominent. Filling is nice and easy and I didn’t find any bubbling when filling which is always a good thing to be honest, no loss of capacity as a result. The 2mil capacity is a bonus whilst we are on about it, more liquid means less refilling.
Next-Mind-CT1-Starter-Kit.jpg

CT1 Cons

Now this is where it starts to get a little interesting. First of all the mouthpiece gets warm when chain vaping on it. Sure you can argue that you aren’t meant to chain vape with a pod device, and I agree with you. But if you need a quick few hits then expect that on top. The next little niggle for me was the Charging time, around 2 and a half hours via USB port which is a incredibly long time for a device such as this, has to be around 90 minutes Max for a battery that size. There really isn't much difference between the coils and only really a 3 watt difference at any point so I am not sure why they package 2 different coils, it doesn’t make any difference! Finally, the big one, whether it was mine or whether it was a general issue, it struggled to hold charge on me and some days it could be dead again within half an hour, other days it could be lasting all day. I first thought I was turning it off accidentally but when it takes another 2 hours to charge then it’s the battery inside. So that was a big disappointment on my part.

Next-Mind-CT1-What-You-Get.jpg

Overall

Now here is the conundrum, would I recommend this device? Honestly, if the battery fault is simply based around mine then sure, it is a nice little pod system. Nothing too flashy but works well, gives good flavour and a nice hit of nicotine from the nic salts. However from my experience, I wouldn’t recommend it, just in case the issue was down to the pod itself. It is one of those how much do you want to risk it? If you can get this for under 20 pounds then I’d say pick it up, the flaw must only be my version surely? I’ve given you my honest experience so it is entirely up to you, there is a good pod system in there, perhaps I was just unlucky?

If you want to pick this device up then go ahead and check it out on the link below.

https://www.efun.top/next-mind-ct1-kit-650mah-pod-system-kit.html

If you want to check out my video ramblings on this device then you can do so by clicking the link below.

Back
Top Bottom