What's new

It Makes No Sensis

Mawsley

Putting the soup into super hero
This is the worst review you'll ever read. Seriously, there'll not be pictures, gifs, or even a winding anecdote interspersed with witty side banter. I received the Sensis free of charge from a great ape @JohnNada. I paid for two pods and some coil heads.

Caveat: I hate pods, I really do. I hate the tiny chambers and the fact that they seem to make as much mess as a Billet Box. I hate the restrictive nature of the systems. I hate the lack of ability to tailor the vape to my needs.

The least scintillating review you'll ever read
I detailed my experience with DTL vaping elsewhere. For my money, if you advertise a product as being able to DTL and MTL then I expect to be able to do just that.

The heads just don't do it for DTL, they need more ooomph to bring out the flavour but the mod can't be ramped up that high.

2ml means I emptied a tank in 14 tokes. This means I may as well walk about with a dripper combo, the Sensis offers me no benefits.

I was going to MTL to see how it got on with that but my delivery today gave me two more 2ml pods - not the larger ones in the picture and I got into a massive grump.

That said, the draw is far too loose for a proper MTL so I just know I'd hate that too.

Conclusion
I know the Sensis isn't for someone like me, it just isn't and these words reflect that. I like a good 0.8mm draw for MTL on a fancy stainless mech or the DTL joy delivered by a Taifun BTD or GTIV.

Is this worse than any other pod? No idea, I've owned so few. It leaks like Voopoo PnP pod that's on the desk - but the Voopoo seems to have a much better coil and really smashes out a DTL vape at the same wattage.

There's meant to be some kind of special new feature to it - but let's be honest, that's bullshit. All great new developments are bullshit. I can get a better vape on basic kit that was made in 2014 than I can from this kind of stuff.

If you like pods you may like the Sensis. If, like me, you think pods are complete gash then don't bother.

Plus points:
It's an Innokin and not a Smok
It's black, black is cool
3000mah isn't bad
Price is reasonable, I guess

Negatives:
Replacement pod price is not reasonable
It leaks
2ml capacity sucks actual donkey balls
It leaks
Huge plastic screen will scratch up a treat
It looks tacky
Lack of flavour
It leaks
Did I mention the ball-sucking 2ml capacity?
It leaks

*There, told you that you shouldn't have bothered

Not a fan then? :D

Did you find it any better using the 510 with your own tanks?

Been using mine for weeks with a Zenith on top. I like it and I think some of the tech is decent. If the mod was just a regular mod, I think it would be a good mod. I like the screen/fire bar design, it reminds me of my Wismec Presa that I still really like too.

I don't know why it has a pod though, it's not like Innokin don't make some good tanks. It would be a good kit for someone with a Zenith on top I think.

So Dave stop fannying about. Tell us what you really think of it :D

the idea of selling a pod device with an adapter so you can use another different tank seems bizarre to me. i don’t know how it could be that you wouldn’t just have been better to get a mod that doesn’t need an adapter in the first place and ditch the idea of the pod alogether?

Not a fan then? :D

Did you find it any better using the 510 with your own tanks?
It works with my tanks - but it's not something that gives me any joy to use. I look at it and just feel "Meh, another Chinese mod." Maybe if they'd made it in Stainless, got rid of the branding, made the screen tiny, and just had a normal 510 I could have felt differently.

But then I'm the very last person this stuff is aimed at.

I’ve tried a few pods and after the newness wears off they all end up in the back of the cupboard, for vapers like most of us on the hobby side we can get exactly what we want with a £10 tank and a £20 mod, an infinitely better vape with virtually zero ongoing costs. This doesn’t make the tills ring for the manufacturers though so they tempt us with spurious claims for the next greatest development that we sometimes swallow, splash the cash and throw it in the cupboard after a week, then another shiny appears.
I’ve got over the hype, 5yr old kit is as good or better than any new stuff, tech’s got vaping nowhere we’re still wrapping wire round a screwdriver and stuffing it with cotton, once the genius that worked that one out did his stuff nothing really revolutionary happened again since.
Probably the only change of late is a drop in quality.

Back
Top Bottom