What's new

Innokin Sceptre Tube Kit

Sam Andrews

Achiever
Roll up... Roll up

Hello my fellow vapers today we have a kit from Innokin the sceptre tube kit This was very kindly sent to me from our own @DeeDee aka (Pod Queen) from @Innokin themselves.

As always this review is my own thoughts and not associated with anyone from Innokin or POTV. Nor have I been paid for my thoughts.

Abit about the kit....

As we are fully aware innokin are a big player in the vaping game, founded in 2011 they have a long list of fantastic devices and what they do well is improve on previous devices making different ranges of products for all types of vapers. This is in the sceptre range of products and follows on from the original but in a different form factor for the pod device.

The kit comes in 6 colours and I recieved the red black Variant.

Screenshot_20220516-113602_Samsung Internet.jpg

Whats in the box....

• Innokin Sceptre Tube

• Sceptre Pod (pre-installed 0.5Ω Coil)

• Spare S Coil (0.5Ω)

• Type-C USB Charging Cable

• Spare O-Rings

• Quick Start Guide

• Warranty Card

20220422_180553.jpg

Specs...

• Size: 20×118.2mm

• Capacity: 2ml

• Output: 18W / 20W (2.65V / 3.4V)

• Battery: 1300mAh (internal)

• Display: LED indicator

• Resistance range: 0.4-3.5Ω

• USB Type C – 1A charge rate

• Pod: Refillable, replaceable coil

• Coils: S-Coil 0.5ohm, S-Coil 1.2ohm

• Adjustable airflow

• Top slide fill

• 2 power modes

Mod....

The mod is made from a zinc alloy and is rounded In shape, it houses a 1300MaH battery and is charged via type C. I've found it takes just under 2 hours to charge fully but does support pass through charging if you're caught short when out and about. With a very good sized battery and the coils not using massive wattages the battery easily lasts a day of vaping.

20220423_120942.jpg

There's just 1 button on the device which works as a on/off, fire and mode button. Around the button is a coloured LED which shows you the battery life and mode you're in.

20220423_120942.jpg

Its a very simple device to use with all innokin products it's the usual 3 clicks on and off. When the device is on there is 2 wattage modes you can be in, which is relevant to what coil you have installed, for the 2 coils included which are both 0.5ohm the 2 modes are.

Blue- Low- 18W
Purple- High- 20W

Its a simple 2 click of the fire button to change between these modes.

When vaping the device the LED light will work as a battery percentage light and the colours for these are:

Green – Greater than 50% of charge

Yellow – Between 10% – 50% of charge

Red – Less than 10% of charge remaining

There are many safety features included on this little kit and the led indicator will tell you when something is happening:

• Charging – LED illuminates Red then Green

• Full charge – Green LED extinguishes when fully charged

• Current battery status – LED colour flashes twice after fire button is pressed

• Low battery – LED flashes Red 8 times

• Pod inserted – LED illuminates Blue for 2 seconds

• Short circuit – LED remains Red for 5 seconds

• No atomiser – LED flashes Green 5 times

• Overtime protection is 10 seconds – LED flashes Red 10 times when the fire button has been pressed for over 10 seconds.

At the top of the kit your notice a cyclops airflow slot and this works when the pod is connected.

20220423_121009.jpg

Pod....

The pod is a tinted plastic 2ml tpd and held into the top of the mod via 5 strong magnets.

It has a removable 510 mouthpiece and has a easy top fill system. You simply push the innokin sign on the top of the pod which slides to reveal the top filling port. This has a decent resistance to it and I've had no issues with it opening when not wanting it too.

20220423_120957.jpg

On the bottom of the pod is a cyclops airflow port which is spilt into 2 parts so when attached to the mod it matches with the airflow slot and then you simply turn the pod when it's attached to dial in your preffered airflow. What I like about this device is it gives both a RDL and MTL vape, not as tight as I would maybe prefer but for most mtl vapers this will give a quality vape experience. Depending on what power mode setting you have I've also found you can tell the difference between each especially when closing down the airflow.

Coils....

My first real Niggle for this kit comes via the coils and its not them themselves but the fact although innokin included 2 coils they're the same coil. I would have liked to have seen maybe a 0.8 or 1.2 ohm Coil included in this kit to make it appeal even more as a mtl kit.

The coils need an adaptor which is supplied in the kit but only one is given so to be sure when throwing away an old coil to unscrew it from the adaptor and transfer that to a new coil.

Innokin-Sceptre-Tube-coils.jpg

The 0.5ohm coils provided work at 18W and 20W depending on mode setting I used the first coil on the 20W setting airflow fully/half open, it gives a very nice RDL vape with good flavour.

The coil lasted me around 6 days before losing flavour. I also used 50/50 and 70/30 juice for the coil and it handled both very well.

On the other 0.5ohm coil I used it on the 18W setting with airflow almost/ fully closed for a mtl vape. It gives a great flavour even fully closed its not a completely tight Draw but it's a good mtl and I got around 8 days using this coil in this mode which is pretty decent.

Pros and Niggles...

Pros...

• Great battery life
• Simple to use
• Good coil life
• Great flavour
• Decent range of airlfow

Niggles..

• 2 of same coils included
• Wish it would cater to a tighter mtl

Overall thoughts...

Overall this is a great piece of kit, simple to use for new vapers, can cater to both RDL & MTL vapers which makes it appeal to a bigger audience. The coils produce a lovely crisps flavour and also last a good amount of time.

The airflow works well on spinning the pod you can dial it down to a decent mtl or a very good rdl vape and it doesn't move freely meaning it won't move when in your pocket. It's a replaceable 510 mouthpiece meaning you can change it for your favourite.

I would reccomend this device for anyone looking for an easy to use quality kit. Or someone who already vapes who may want a kit to take out and about with them.

Thank you to @DeeDee aka (Pod Queen) and @Innokin for giving me the opportunity to review this kit.
Thanks for reading
Sam
Screenshot_20210209-201701_Samsung Internet.jpg

Enjoyed the review @Sam Andrews many thanks, as you say a 1.2 ohm coil would be good then it would be more appealing to me, but that’s my preference. A nice kit from @Innokin though.

Hi @Sam Andrews, thank you for sharing such informative and fantastic review with us, and actually Innokin Sceptre Tube is compatible with 1.2ohm coil if the airflow control ring is closed, but unfortunately 1.2ohm coil does not sold as standard, you can buy it yourself.:2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom